DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

Benched him for McCoy luckily I had Watson and DJ Chark,  but will not bench Jacobs ever again except this week for his bye.  

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Why would anyone sell?  The kid looks more and more legit every game. 

I said a few pages back that he finishes around running back 7-8. At this point I think a top 5 finish possible. With top 10 almost guaranteed.

Yeah, don't sell. We're just getting through the tougher part of the schedule and it gets pretty juicy coming out of the bye week.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Id wait if your trying to sell high. Jacobs can do even better than he did yesterday

Yeah I would not recommend trying to "sell high" on Josh Jacobs.  Dude is legit and did it consistently against a damn good run defense.

2 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Yeah I would not recommend trying to "sell high" on Josh Jacobs.  Dude is legit and did it consistently against a damn good run defense.

I completely agree, also as DerrickHenrysCleats said I also believe there are much bigger blowup games on the horizon as well... He is special no need to overthink anything also if the targets continue to increase its a wrap.

On 10/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, kmoore1521 said:

+1, id make him my sit of the week but too obv of a call/bad matchup

in my PPR sitting him in favor of Tarik Cohen and Jaylen Samuels, still deciding if ill throw Rojo in for one of em hah

but again, Buy Buy Buy after this week!

Welp glad that i Pu#%$'d out and played him lol didnt have the balls to sit, sometimes just trust ya gut i guess 🤷‍♂️

Edit: He tweeted something bout everyone doubting him nobody said he could do it etc (i retweeted it) but he has since deleted it as it started trending cause people were quoting "you went to Alabama and was a first round pick" lol thought that was comical he second thought that tweet to the point of deleting it

Edited by kmoore1521

I have a feeling the production landed on a lot of people's benches this week, but very encouraging moving forward. And not to get too greedy but I still feel he could be utilized more often/consistently in the passing game. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I have a feeling the production landed on a lot of people's benches this week, but very encouraging moving forward. And not to get too greedy but I still feel he could be utilized more often/consistently in the passing game. 

I had to start him as we start 3 RBs but his production left me giddy as all get out. That the Raiders got in positive game script vs the stingy Bears was the most startling thing that happened this weekend. This young man, barring injury, is set up to be a stud for years to come.

• Like 1

Anything to see here? Curious to why tey would even be working out for Oak

Raiders hosted free agent RB LeGarrette Blount on Wednesday.

It's the first known visit for Blount since he rushed for 154/418/5 with the Lions last year. The Raiders also worked out plodder Bo Scarborough.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

It's the first known visit for Blount since he rushed for 154/418/5 with the Lions last year. The Raiders also worked out plodder Bo Scarborough.

Maybe they are using Jacobs as a 3 down back, eliminating the need for Richard and replacing him with a goaline bruiser!?!?! Optimism!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Absolutely

Time to get nervous 

Raiders are obviously worried about Jacobs

• Thanks 1

Says more about Washington than Jacobs. Think how fat Blount would be at this point. It's just depth. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't read too much into this but it certainly isn't "good" news. Likely won't matter but if Jacobs doesn't catch and Blount vultures his TDs he's barely a low-end RB2. 

Yeah not sure what this is all about but everyone is attributing the raiders success to jacobs. He has been an absolute stud and front runner for offensive roy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Absolutely

Time to get nervous 

Raiders are obviously worried about Jacobs

elbow?

Edited by OrangeCrush

Not sure what to make of this. Most likely setting up a backup plan in case their workhorse goes down. Since he has been injured already. But the full practice means he’s good to go 

Man y’all really worried about Blount? Teams do this to have depth in case of injury. Prior to the bye Jacobs played excellent. They spent a 1st round pick on this guy and he’s been playing well. 

Each week, owners find something new to worry about. This week is no different. For the record, Dalvin Cook has gas so you might want to adjust accordingly! You’re welcome.

• Haha 1

Didn’t get to watch the game but loved getting out of work to see the end result. I love the high floor he’s had this season for me. Been mr consistent, and has looked impressive from everything I’ve heard. Only have got to see him play in the bears game. 

Very solid game, barely missed a GL leap and there's still room for more receiving production. 

Nice that his bye week is over.  He's one of the few players that I don't have to think about starting or not.  

He’s got those young legs. Quick cuts and nice burst out there. He’s gotta be one of the best pure runners in the NFL right now. Ever since Gruden vowed to get him more involved in the passing game, he has had 2,3 and 3 receptions. The receiving yardage will improve. He is an RB1 ROS.