DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

I mean sometimes these teams like to work out players so they have an idea what’s out there if an injury takes place 

1 hour ago, buzzkilloton said:

Dont worry guys Anderson is washed

I sure hope the shoulder isn't anything. Jacobs seems to get nicked up a fair amount though. Wouldn't be surprised if he misses a game at some point. Maybe they don't have confidence in Washington?

Blount, now CJ. I don't know how you don't read into this and conclude they want a bruising GL back. They have Richard and DWash, so it's not just adding depth. Seems they're looking for something specific. 

45 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Blount, now CJ. I don't know how you don't read into this and conclude they want a bruising GL back. They have Richard and DWash, so it's not just adding depth. Seems they're looking for something specific. 

As much as I don’t want to, I agree they’re looking for a short-yardage/GL hammer to pair with Jacobs. Seems they’re shrinking Richard’s role in favor of Jacobs receiving skills. In turn, they’re looking to give the body-punishing work to someone bigger & save Jacobs the beating. Actually surprised they haven’t talked to Lynch again

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 4:48 PM, gufomel said:

👀

Any word if he survived the workout?

On 10/22/2019 at 12:49 AM, lvsaint429 said:

As much as I don’t want to, I agree they’re looking for a short-yardage/GL hammer to pair with Jacobs. Seems they’re shrinking Richard’s role in favor of Jacobs receiving skills. In turn, they’re looking to give the body-punishing work to someone bigger & save Jacobs the beating. Actually surprised they haven’t talked to Lynch again

I am pretty sure they were looking for someone because Jacobs simply isn't healthy this season.  

• Like 1

I'm not liking the sound of this... hopefully its just rest for Jacobs. Trying to get more info on this shoulder "injury".

I'd say generally when a guy finishes a game (and looks fine doing so) this is just a precautionary/maintenance day. Plus it's not like he had three touches after the injury, it happened early in the game. 

42 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'd say generally when a guy finishes a game (and looks fine doing so) this is just a precautionary/maintenance day. Plus it's not like he had three touches after the injury, it happened early in the game. 

I agree. Not like he stop playing and he played through the injury during the Chi game as well. I think the Raiders are just trying to manage the injury

14 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

I agree. Not like he stop playing and he played through the injury during the Chi game as well. I think the Raiders are just trying to manage the injury

something else to consider. They havent signed another RB. If they sign someone then i'll be worried.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

something else to consider. They havent signed another RB. If they sign someone then i'll be worried.

Thats the biggest indication that its a maintenance day.  If they thought he was gonna be out they would of signed or promoted a player from practice squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Thats the biggest indication that its a maintenance day.  If they thought he was gonna be out they would of signed or promoted a player from practice squad.

guess I was wrong:

Raiders coach Jon Gruden said Josh Jacobs (shoulder) is questionable for Week 8 against the Texans.

Jacobs exited to the locker room for a brief period in Week 7 but was able to return and finish the game. Gruden nixed the idea of this injury being a light one, though, stating his rookie running back was "shot up" in order to keep playing and didn't rest Wednesday just as a precaution, but because he has a "legitimate" ailing shoulder. With RT Trent Brown (calf, limited), C Rodney Hudson (ankle, DNP) and G Gabe Jackson (knee, DNP) also banged up, Oakland's entire offense needs to be monitored as the week progresses.

3 hours ago, Nguvocity said:

I am pretty sure they were looking for someone because Jacobs simply isn't healthy this season.  

Agreed. They don't have a backup capable of running between the tackles. So they're out to dry if he gets dinged up during a game. The announcers made this point during the last game when Richard came in.

I wouldnt read into the workouts w/ Cj and any others too much. 

Flashbacks to owning Doug Martin with his shoulder injury. Let's hope its not a long one.... ugh

Apparently he had his shoulder shot up in the locker room before coming back in.  He’s probably fine but there’s a chance he’s out on Sunday

Very bad news especially since they've already had their bye. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

Who’s Jacobs direct backup? They have a cake schedule going forward. Would like to get ahead of this before any big news hits. Washington has had the second most touches out of that backfield. So assuming they don’t pick anyone else up, is he the guy?