DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, blue42 said:

Who’s Jacobs direct backup? They have a cake schedule going forward. Would like to get ahead of this before any big news hits. Washington has had the second most touches out of that backfield. So assuming they don’t pick anyone else up, is he the guy? 

DWash has a much more similar build but Richard has always been the more productive guy, so I don't have any reason to think that has changed. 

Richard and Washington are both pretty bad and we've seen that story before. I don't think I'd want either one. I wonder if the Raiders might bring someone in like Drake or CJ Anderson?

7 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... in regard to the reports on his injury - take it fwiw 

errrr, Josh? 

JOSH!!1?1!?!

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

errrr, Josh? 

JOSH!!1?1!?!

https://clutchpoints.com/raiders-news-josh-jacobs-doesnt-expect-to-miss-any-time-after-early-shoulder-injury-vs-packers/

granted it was written on 10/20 but he seem to think he would play this week.

Edited by OrangeCrush

1 minute ago, OrangeCrush said:

an article from 4 days ago? the coach admitted they "shot him up" to get through the game, two DNP's to start the week is concerning for his availability in what already is a bad matchup on paper

6 minutes ago, boredster said:

an article from 4 days ago? the coach admitted they "shot him up" to get through the game, two DNP's to start the week is concerning for his availability in what already is a bad matchup on paper

I swear, it's like a clip out of Varsity Blues.

50 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I swear, it's like a clip out of Varsity Blues.

Josh Jacobs (shoulder) didn't practice but was in the locker room, talking to media, watched him pull on a hooded pullover sweatshirt. A positive sign, I would think. #Raiders.

mic dropped
Edited by OrangeCrush

5 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Josh Jacobs (shoulder) didn't practice but was in the locker room, talking to media, watched him pull on a hooded pullover sweatshirt. A positive sign, I would think. #Raiders.

mic dropped

And of course it’s not a 1 o’clock game so that will be awesome for us when he’s a GTD...

6 hours ago, boredster said:

Why are you guys acting like that’s the first player to get a shot during the game? It’s really not that uncommon. He’s not the first and he won’t be the last. The fact that he finished the game last week is what should stand out.

These guys have been playing football their entire life. They don't need to practice to play. Much smarter to avoid risking aggravation tomorrow and thus give his shoulder two extra days. 

• Like 2

All of this positive talk is great and all but two DNPS in a row is not what Id consider a good sign so there is reason to be slightly concerned. I’m more worried about this getting worse and then putting him on ir considering their playoff prospects don’t look great.

8 hours ago, blue42 said:

All of this positive talk is great and all but two DNPS in a row is not what Id consider a good sign so there is reason to be slightly concerned. I’m more worried about this getting worse and then putting him on ir considering their playoff prospects don’t look great.

They are one game out of a wild card spot and have a very soft schedule coming up. However, I agree. I hope he can at least get a limited practice in. 

17 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

And of course it’s not a 1 o’clock game so that will be awesome for us when he’s a GTD...

Definitely not ideal and then I always wonder if they suit up how much they will play.  With a shoulder injury and not able to practice all week.... I don't like it.

But at least I have an option if he can't go.... Kenyan Drake :D   Hmmm..... Well then.

Not looking to promising this week. As much as I need him, I hope he just takes the week off and is back to 100% next week.

Sounds like the only way he doesn’t play is if the doctors don’t allow it. I’d expect him to be out there. The concern obviously is him aggravating it or being on a snap count, but with my options, I’m rolling him out there. 

and, for the first time this season, the entire starting offensive line is healthy, and ready to roll together. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

and, for the first time this season, the entire starting offensive line is healthy, and ready to roll together. 

Starting with confidence