DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

14 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Playing through an injury since week 7. Damn

Its crazy.  You would think they might limit his rushes and try to get him involved more in passing game where he could take less of a beating.  Anybody with working eye's can see him and Waller are the only two offensive options on the team worth a crap.

12 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's weird cause we all knew this already but something about hearing it just makes that bit of worry creep in. Honestly the bigger concern is Tennessee getting up, killing clock with Henry, while also gamescripting Jacobs out. 

Im facing Jacobs in my quaterfinal matchup this week. I am okay with this situation lol

12 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's weird cause we all knew this already but something about hearing it just makes that bit of worry creep in. Honestly the bigger concern is Tennessee getting up, killing clock with Henry, while also gamescripting Jacobs out. 

The Raiders have been quite good at home except for a loss to KC. I think it will be a tight game with lots of run from both sides.

• Like 1

He didn't practice today. Is there a chance he had a set back this week or something and doesn't play?

5 minutes ago, Squidward said:

He didn't practice today. Is there a chance he had a set back this week or something and doesn't play?

I remember him missing a Wednesday practice earlier this year(I grabbed Washington as a potential plug n play) and he ended up coming back to practice Thursday. I wouldn't start to worry unless he's DNP tomorrow too

14 minutes ago, Squidward said:

There is definitely a chance. I thought it was odd that the injury news came out the other day, seemed like very random timing. But this sure seems like that was leaked as a foreshadow for him sitting this week.That news along with back-to-back DNPs leads me to believe he's being held out this week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

There is definitely a chance. I thought it was odd that the injury news came out the other day, seemed like very random timing. But this sure seems like that was leaked as a foreshadow for him sitting this week.That news along with back-to-back DNPs leads me to believe he's being held out this week. 

Those in the know, is Washington definitely the handcuff to own over Richards if Jacobs is out?

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

But he leaked it on his instagram story... so I dont know that your logic holds up. 

He could still sit out, but didnt seem like a leak in the way youre' saying

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Honestly done year for them why not let him sit the rest of it

They're a game back of a wild card and one of the teams ahead of them they play on Sunday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

They're a game back of a wild card and one of the teams ahead of them they play on Sunday

Right, people saying these things about Julio, Jacobs, Barkley, etc. This isn't the NBA there are only 17 games that matter and players have incentives, bonuses, playing for a job, etc. 

He'll play, he haven't been practicing as much since the shoulder but, he also seem to get a limited practice on friday and plays

Unless this a new diagnoses. The initial was an AC joint sprain.

Edited by Toomuchsauce

3 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

Those in the know, is Washington definitely the handcuff to own over Richards if Jacobs is out?

Not IMO. Richard is the guy to own, particularly in PPR. 

12 hours ago, Toomuchsauce said:

He'll play, he haven't been practicing as much since the shoulder but, he also seem to get a limited practice on friday and plays

Unless this a new diagnoses. The initial was an AC joint sprain.

He's been missing practices for the last number of weeks and still plays. Unless there was some sort of setback this is a weird time to announce it. Unless its almost fully healed and they can announce it now so other players aren't taking shots at his arm.  It should have been close to healed by now if it was a fracture so maybe that is why they announce it now. Just a bit more rest for him....

That's the story I'm going with... lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

He's been missing practices for the last number of weeks and still plays. Unless there was some sort of setback this is a weird time to announce it. Unless its almost fully healed and they can announce it now so other players aren't taking shots at his arm.  It should have been close to healed by now if it was a fracture so maybe that is why they announce it now. Just a bit more rest for him....

That's the story I'm going with... lol

I'm not positive on this but as a Jacobs owner in all of my leagues I have been tracking him closely... I am pretty sure these are the first practices that he has missed completely.  He has been limited on wednesdays and thursdays for the past two months but I can't remember him being a complete no show.  Please correct me if I'm wrong because I would love to be.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SCUBASQUAD said:

I'm not positive on this but as a Jacobs owner in all of my leagues I have been tracking him closely... I am pretty sure these are the first practices that he has missed completely.  He has been limited on wednesdays and thursdays for the past two months but I can't remember him being a complete no show.  Please correct me if I'm wrong because I would love to be.  

This is correct.

He has sat out a few Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and has been limited on Thursdays...but he has never straight up DNP back to back Wednesday and Thursday before. This, combined with the timing of him announcing the fracture has me more than a little concerned about his status. Today's practice report will be huge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SCUBASQUAD said:

I don't think you're wrong. im a fearful Jacobs owner here. Already have piss poor matchups and this sure isn't helping things

3 hours ago, Big Nate said:

They wouldn't announce it once it was healed and then hold him out of practice all week. As mentioned, this is the first time he's been DNP two consecutive practices. = Not good. The writing on the wall is that he's out this week. 

40 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

considering benching him this week. got a bad feeling about this if (when) they fall behind

They are only a 3 pt dog and at home, doesn't seen like a game he will be scripted out of. 47.5 pt total is nice also.

Back at practice today. Good sign.

We'll wait and see what the injury report says.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

They are only a 3 pt dog and at home, doesn't seen like a game he will be scripted out of. 47.5 pt total is nice also.

That was true against the Jets as well. This offense can look atrocious at times and their defense is non existent. Not a good combo 

6 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

That was true against the Jets as well. This offense can look atrocious at times and their defense is non existent. Not a good combo 

Was a road game

1 minute ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Was a road game

.... against the Jets. 9 quarters without a touchdown. It's certainly within the realm of possibilities the game gets away.