DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

Just now, Watch_Yo_Back said:

.... against the Jets. 9 quarters without a touchdown. It's certainly within the realm of possibilities the game gets away. 

cross country too, of course it could happen, but Im seeing very good numbers come Sunday.

Just now, Mr.Joshua said:

cross country too, of course it could happen, but Im seeing very good numbers come Sunday.

I hope so. One has to wonder how they handle their stud rookie with a broken shoulder regardless of the score though. 

32 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

Generally where there's smoke there's fire. We've known about this injury for well over a month now (in general). For the specifics to come out this week, and for this to be the first week he had consecutive DNPs, along with the coach making a point to say he didn't really do much today. This all points to him sitting. 

• Like 1

DW or Richard?

Richard sort of reminds me of Aron Jones: he’s clearly the better guy and coaches never want to use him

2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

DW or Richard?

Richard sort of reminds me of Aron Jones: he’s clearly the better guy and coaches never want to use him

Nothing on the wire? Wouldn't want to use either of those 2.

I think I am going to bench him. Don't have any other good options, but going to pick someone off the WW. Ugh worst possible timing.

If he's been playing with it for 4 weeks, and has looked good, why all of a sudden is he going to be limited if he plays? Besides negative game scripts which they usually have, can't we expect him to be his same old self if he's playing? Or, is there too much risk of Gruden just pulling him and resting him? 

Edited by RonnieRonaldo

1 minute ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

If he's been playing with it for 4 weeks, and has looked good, why all of a sudden is he going to be limited if he plays? Besides game negative game scripts which they usually have, can't we expect him to be his same old self if he's playing? Or, is there too much risk of Gruden just pulling him and resting him? 

Perhaps he injured it further trying to play through it...

31 minutes ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

If he's been playing with it for 4 weeks, and has looked good, why all of a sudden is he going to be limited if he plays? Besides negative game scripts which they usually have, can't we expect him to be his same old self if he's playing? Or, is there too much risk of Gruden just pulling him and resting him? 

This would make perfect sense if this week played out like the previous ones since the injury, but unfortunately it hasn't. The news of the injury, consecutive DNPs, and now the latest news of him being far more questionable than previous weeks - it all points to the situation worsening. You then add the possibility of negative gamescript with potential in-game aggravation and he's just too risky unless your options are absolutely terrible. Someone mentioned James Washington for instance, I'd start a guy like that all day long over Jacobs this week. 

Basically impossible to figure out if he made it worse during the last game, he was playing fine and then I don't believe he saw the field in the forth quarter. The thing is he never plays when they are down and need to pass. Or maybe they knew it would be prudent to just rest him once the game was out of hand. He could easily play a lot vs Tenn and have a really nice game, who knows.

I don’t think he’s had a week of no practice since the initial injury. That tells me he’s made it worse and even if he does play it’s likely he won’t get a full workload 

Hasn’t he been getting shot up before every game? He could very well be hurting it and not noticing during the game 

4 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

It could have gotten worse.  Also the Raiders are quickly falling out of playoff contention so maybe they don't want to further risk their franchise RB. So he is ready for next year in Vegas.

Fantasy football aside, I hope they manage his workload and don't run him to the ground. It's a bit worrying how they've been give him 20+ touches every week despite a freaking fractured shoulder. 

21 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Fantasy football aside, I hope they manage his workload and don't run him to the ground. It's a bit worrying how they've been give him 20+ touches every week despite a freaking fractured shoulder. 

This situation is a pain in the arse. I picked up back up Washington and Jets back up Powell. I’m worried Jacobs dresses but is rested. This would tend to make me start Jacobs. So I may just bench both Jacobs and Washington. And start Powell.

Too bad, because this guy has been a rock for me when I needed him as Conners has been out and unreliable.

Washington is the guy to own and not Richards if JJ sits? 1 point PPR. Sucks to happen 1st week of playoffs. 

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

Washington is the guy to own and not Richards if JJ sits? 1 point PPR. Sucks to happen 1st week of playoffs. 

This is what was written in the primer over on fantasy pros.

9 hours ago, brosephd said:

I disagree. In full PPR I'd much rather Richard. Only way I'd give Washington the edge would be in standard, and also a week they were playing a bad team with terrible run D.