DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

very very risky play even if he suits up. all it takes is one hit and hes of risk for a goose egg. better if they just come out and rule him out so we don’t get stuck with a DJ situation

3 minutes ago, brosephd said:

very very risky play even if he suits up. all it takes is one hit and hes of risk for a goose egg. better if they just come out and rule him out so we don’t get stuck with a DJ situation

late game, as well ... too risky to wait on this kid if earlier options are available. 

RW sidebar ... Cleats prolly won't get his Jacobs vs KING HENDRY!!1! slobberknocker 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

late game, as well ... too risky to wait on this kid if earlier options are available. 

RW sidebar ... Cleats prolly won't get his Jacobs vs KING HENDRY!!1! slobberknocker 🤷‍♂️

Bummer

This shakes all 4 of my teams. I'm gonna have to sit him today. :(

The latest.....

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Josh Jacobs (questionable, shoulder) is a "true game-time decision" for Week 14 against the Titans.

Jacobs returned to what the Raiders deemed as a "limited" practice on Friday after sitting out both Wednesday and Thursday, though coach Jon Gruden admitted the rookie "didn't do much." Playing through a broken shoulder that has reportedly bothered him since Week 7, it's a coin flip whether Jacobs sees the field Sunday for the Raiders' 4:25 PM ET kickoff. Already over 1,000 yards rushing for the year, Jacobs has been an immediate difference-maker for Oakland and his loss would be felt in both real life and fantasy. DeAndre Washington and Jalen Richard would form an uninspiring committee against the Titans if Jacobs can't go.

Washington seems like the pickup here over Richard. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Richard the 3rd down/ pass catching back? Wouldn’t expect his role to change much at all. 

3 minutes ago, THall0890 said:

Washington seems like the pickup here over Richard. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Richard the 3rd down/ pass catching back? Wouldn’t expect his role to change much at all. 

You are correct, Maybe a few more carries but both are uninspiring options.

1 hour ago, THall0890 said:

You are correct, however, with increased snaps, Richard has the potential for 8+ targets in the passing game which could create a nice floor in PPR.

I have a feeling he plays through it and does just fine. He has been doing it nearly the entire season. Missing stretches of games as well, while still putting up big numbers. That being said I am sitting him for Singletary. Can't risk it and I've got two weeks for my playoff match up with ESPN's old settings.

This is a playoff nightmare. All the Fantasy Now guys on ESPN feel that he plays but who knows. Even though I have Powell, I've gotta wait on Jacobs. I've used him every week all season. 😆 Backup plan Penny tonight. 🥶

• Like 1

Just now, indyrckstar said:

I benched him.  I picked up Washington but I don't really like that matchup.   Going with plan B by using Sterling Shepard.  

You have to play Jacobs over those options.

I could pick up Powell, but I think I'm just gonna wait and see and play Washington if Jacobs is out. It'd really suck to bench him and watch him have a decent game.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

You have to play Jacobs over those options.

I want to but I have no idea what Jacobs will play and how much he will play.   

This is a FF nightmare now..  Made the playoffs but not sure what the status will be for a feature RB.

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I could pick up Powell, but I think I'm just gonna wait and see and play Washington if Jacobs is out. It'd really suck to bench him and watch him have a decent game.

Too risky. He could get knocked out of the game on the first play. Just not worth the risk. If it's Dalvin then maybe, but some of the options people have mentioned starting could outscore Jacobs even if he plays the whole game. The upside isn't high enough to justify the risk. 

7 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

I benched him.  I picked up Washington but I don't really like that matchup.   Going with plan B by using Sterling Shepard.  

Was thinking similar, but Shepard is one hit away from retirement.  Plus Eli was benched for a reason.