DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, The Frayed Ends of Fantasy said:

Well, I don't feel comfortable starting Richard or Washington, so it looks like I'm plugging in a sleeper WR in my Flex spot instead.

I'm going to lose in the first round of the playoffs. This is a crushing blow.

Not sure what your wr sleepers are. But I think you can expect 8 pats from Washington. If you are ahead in your match up maybe play it safe with Washington. 

41 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Not sure what your wr sleepers are. But I think you can expect 8 pats from Washington. If you are ahead in your match up maybe play it safe with Washington. 

How do you feel about Richard in PPR league?

5 minutes ago, The Frayed Ends of Fantasy said:

How do you feel about Richard in PPR league?

Same. 8 pts.

first and second down Washington. Goal line Washington. 

Third down Richards. Garbage from behind time Richards.

in half ppr I would go Washington as he might get a td or two depending on the first and goals inside the ten.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Are the Raiders in shut him down for the rest of the season territory?

I doubt it. He’s got rookie of year on line. 

1 hour ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I doubt Gruden cares about that lol he is their future 

A cracked bone in the shoulder is not nearly as bad as a tissue injury, ac joint separation, rotator cuff, etc. 

5 hours ago, jumboJET85 said:

Agreed he got his 1,000 Yards. Why risk it if their season is over 

This is my thinking. Why would they shut him down yesterday if it wasnt a big deal and he has been playing with it since week 7? What made this week any different? With the playoffs on the line they benched their best player. Telling.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

bet he plays and puts up 100+ with a TD😔

I hope you're right.  I'm about to come into a s-load of money from a guy in Nigeria.  I'll Venmo you some of it.

Just now, daethfromabove1979 said:

I assume he will be back next week since he was a game time decision. Here’s hoping he doesn’t get shut down.

Maybe.  I just don't understand why they would keep him out of yesterday's game and then play him the next week.

It's not like the fracture is going to do a whole lot of healing in that time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Maybe.  I just don't understand why they would keep him out of yesterday's game and then play him the next week.

It's not like the fracture is going to do a whole lot of healing in that time.

I tend to agree with you and think shut-down time is coming. They're a building NFL franchise and, contrary to many popular opinions, have been doing pretty well in doing so. I doubt they delude themselves into thinking they still have a playoff chance (or) a playoff run in them at risk of serious injury to an offensive centerpiece.

Disclaimer: May have the tiniest bit of bias as a recent DeAndre Washington adder...tiniest (for real).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I hope you're right.  I'm about to come into a s-load of money from a guy in Nigeria.  I'll Venmo you some of it.

it's me being pessimistic as I play multiple Jacobs owners in the semis next week 😅

• Haha 1

This sentiment is being echoed everywhere.

With the Raiders now at 6-7 and their playoff hopes on life support, it would be prudent to shut Jacobs and down and make sure he is 100 percent heading into next season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/josh-jacobs-tears-when-raiders-told-him-he-was-out-vs-titans

I believe he already has rookie of the year secured.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

Just here for any updates on practice today, or Gruden's presser afterwards.

So frustrating watching how the Raiders used Washington last week.  Jacobs would of been a 20 point a game guy if they gave him similar passing work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

So frustrating watching how the Raiders used Washington last week.  Jacobs would of been a 20 point a game guy if they gave him similar passing work.

Thought the exact same thing. So strange that they would use Washington in that capacity but not Jacobs. Aside from load management it makes absolutely no sense. Personally if I'm trying to manage a guy's touches I'm taking away a few runs between the tackles in exchange for more screen passes in space. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Thought the exact same thing. So strange that they would use Washington in that capacity but not Jacobs. Aside from load management it makes absolutely no sense. Personally if I'm trying to manage a guy's touches I'm taking away a few runs between the tackles in exchange for more screen passes in space. 

Maybe he's had range of motion issues with the shoulder and it's harder for him to catch passes. That'd be my guess. Still should probably get a couple screen opportunities that you can just lay in the bread basket though...

• Like 1