DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

Raiders signed RB Rod Smith.

It's notable because it signals concern with Josh Jacobs' (shoulder) status. Even if Smith misses Week 15, Smith will not have a role behind DeAndre Washington and Jalen Richard.

13 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'm assuming that's a typo because it makes no sense as it's written

They messed up a Roto blurb?

Nah man, wouldn't happen.

Any chance he’s shut down?

3 minutes ago, mjb said:

Any chance he’s shut down?

High chance if you ask me. I'd say it was 50/50 before this signing, now I'd say 75%. We should know within the next 48 hours for sure, I'd think.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

2 things are certain for this weekend:

1. I am clapping cheeks.

2. Jacobs is going to sit and miss the rest of the 2019 season.

Same here.... lol

aka Damien Williams 2019

I'm bracing for news that he's expected to sit out with that Rod Smith signing. There's no other reason for them to add him aside from expecting Jacobs to miss more time. They're not gonna carry 4 RBs for no reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

2 things are certain for this weekend:

1. I am clapping cheeks.

2. Jacobs is going to sit and miss the rest of the 2019 season.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm wondering if the shut down talk is a little bit premature, although the rod smith signing is interesting.

Oakland has yet to be truly eliminated from the playoffs, and Gruden doesnt sound like someone who's ready to pack it in.

Jacobs also sounded really close last week. He took a pain shot in order to play and was crushed when they decided against it.

All in all, he seems like someone who wants to push to play and I'm not sure why the raiders wouldn't have shut him down already if the plan was to do so.

Maybe playing a bit of devils advocate here, but just some thoughts to ponder from the other side of things.

Edited by vikingapocalypse
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

I'm wondering if the shut down talk is a little bit premature, although the rod smith signing is interesting.

Oakland has yet to be truly eliminated from the playoffs, and Gruden doesnt sound like someone who's ready to pack it in.

Jacobs also sounded really close last week. He took a pain shot in order to play and was crushed when they decided against it.

All in all, he seems like someone who wants to push to play and I'm not sure why the raiders wouldn't have shut him down already if the plan was to do so.

Maybe playing a bit of devils advocate here, but just some thoughts to ponder from the other side of things.

Some of the debate shoudl be: Will you start him if he plays? 

WIth the injury risk, i think most will still be hard pressed to do so.

Probably a stretch but reading into JJ's tweets..

In the past, when there were initial concerns about his shoulder injury in late Oct and him missing games he tweeted stuff like this:

Obviously implying and re-assuring that he's healthy to those speculating.

Now watch the tone of this tweet just yesterday:

Sounds like he's frustrated about not playing and is lashing out to those speculating.

Does it indicate something? Maybe. Is this considered a stretch? Probably.

2 minutes ago, jamesisharden said:

Just now, Espoiral said:

In the past, when there were initial concerns about his shoulder injury in late Oct and him missing games he tweeted stuff like this:

Sounds like he's frustrated about not playing and is lashing out to those speculating.

I definitely don't think its a certainty that he'll sit out. Seems like he wants to fight through it and play but it's up to the medical staff/coaches to decide what's best for him. Think it'll be a GTD again

4 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Not a stretch at all. This is precisely the type of info that actually carries the most weight IMO. Because it's real. The coach speak, beat writers, practice reports, etc. are all nonsense. This is often where you get the actual truth. We saw it last week with the news coming out about the broken shoulder, at first seemingly randomly. It wasn't random. He was likely informed they were shutting him down, or at the very least sitting him that week. I'd be shocked if we saw him again ROS. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

3 minutes ago, jamesisharden said:

I think to me personally, if the raiders feel confident and put him out there you have to feel decent about his ability to stay in the game. Always a risk - but options could be limited at this point.

Fantasy aside Jacobs is a potential franchise player for the Raiders.  They risk his whole career by putting him back in when he is not ready.  Ownership has to be thinking about having their star running back for Vegas next season

1 hour ago, vikingapocalypse said:

I appreciate this perspective. There hasn’t been any final news yet. But the signing of Smith means a lot. That’s the real actionable piece of news here. I’ll be shocked if Jacobs suits up again, and, honestly, disappointed, but I’m expecting news of a shutdown today or tomorrow. We’ll see though. If it’s a pain tolerance thing he might play...just hard to see them sitting him in a must win vs Tennessee and then saying okay go ahead now that the season is virtually over. 

1 hour ago, lla887 said:

Fantasy aside Jacobs is a potential franchise player for the Raiders.  They risk his whole career by putting him back in when he is not ready.  Ownership has to be thinking about having their star running back for Vegas next season

If there is any risk of this being a career ender, I'm pretty sure the Raiders wouldn't let him play.

#Raiders RB Josh Jacobs underwent an MRI on his ailing shoulder after not playing on Sunday. But the scans checked out very positively, sources say, and Jacobs is expected to return to the field this week. Barring a setback, should be just a one-week absence.

This is from Ian Rapoport

On 12/9/2019 at 3:56 PM, vthokie3 said:

bet he plays and puts up 100+ with a TD😔

halfway there. Not surprised as I'm facing him in multiple leagues

Edited by vthokie3

7 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

halfway there. Not surprised as I'm facing him in multiple leagues

Since Rapaport reported the latest positive news I'd say you're about 10% there. Since he's wrong so often it may actually be bad news 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Since Rapaport reported the latest positive news I'd say you're about 10% there. Since he's wrong so often it may actually be bad news 😂

Hard to be wrong about a clean MRI what reason does he have to sit now?

• Like 1

Just now, nmartinez12443 said:

Now what does scare me is if they limit him and HOW THE F did Washington get 6 catches when Jacobs is 10 times the player and gets about 2 per game max. 

1 minute ago, nmartinez12443 said:

It was a joke serious guy, I'm not trying to imply Jacobs will sit. But you do realize Rapaport is a moron and has tweeted plenty of inaccurate news right?