DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

He’s been playing with the shoulder issue all year. He sat out one week had a positive mri result and it’s still doom and gloom in here. He was itching to play last week the raiders playoffs hopes are still alive arrow is pointed in the right direction. Grab Washington if you can just to be safe but I don’t even think that’s necessary.

Edited by StevenSC400

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It was a joke serious guy, I'm not trying to imply Jacobs will sit. But you do realize Rapaport is a moron and has tweeted plenty of inaccurate news right?

I concur, just saying if the MRI is clean, you really can't misreport that. He was begging to play the point of tears to come in last game and also its about setting up a culture of  winning to entice free agents. I think he plays and does well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He’s been playing with the shoulder issue all year. He sat out one week had a positive mri result and it’s still doom and gloom in here. He was itching to play last week the raiders playoffs hopes are still alive arrow is pointed in the right direction. Grab Washington if you can just to be safe but I don’t even think that’s necessary.

Yeah, hopefully he can give us owners two more weeks. It is the last game in Oakland this week and they have been campaigning for OROY for him. Playoff chances are slim to none with 2 games back of the wild card with three to go. 

I have nothing to add to this convo except the fact that he was in tears cuz he couldnt play, now compare that to someone who calls in sick to go bowling...  how can you not root for this kid?!

18 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

I have nothing to add to this convo except the fact that he was in tears cuz he couldnt play, now compare that to someone who calls in sick to go bowling...  how can you not root for this kid?!

Imagine thinking playing a highly physical sport and throwing a ball across a lane is comparable...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If it's pain tolerance issue he will play. IMO

He'll play because I'm playing against him in both my leagues lol.

Seems logical to think he still could be a little risky for in-game aggravation if he takes a big hit or falls wrong on that shoulder.  And the Raiders clearly have nothing to play for and zero reason to push him if he does aggravate it.  So I'm not sure how automatic a start he is if you have comparable options.  It's a great matchup for sure though.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

I don't own him but I remember they did an interview and story on him before a SNF or MNF earlier this year and he seemed like a really humble, nice guy. Also had a rough upbringing where I believe his dad raised a bunch of kids in poverty. Very hard not to root for him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Imagine thinking playing a highly physical sport and throwing a ball across a lane is comparable...

Im pretty sure i was comparing their mentality, but nice reach.  Shows which side of the equation youre on.

Dream match up against the Jags. Hope he plays cause he should have a huge day. 

And yes I saw the story on him as well and seems like just a great kid. Completely rooting for him in fantasy and real life.

7 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Seems logical to think he still could be a little risky for in-game aggravation if he takes a big hit or falls wrong on that shoulder.  And the Raiders clearly have nothing to play for and zero reason to push him if he does aggravate it.  So I'm not sure how automatic a start he is if you have comparable options.  It's a great matchup for sure though.

same here. 150+ TD or 100+2TDs incoming

36 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

It’s no more of a risk than any other week he’s played with the same issue. 

31 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

Im pretty sure i was comparing their mentality, but nice reach.  Shows which side of the equation youre on.

It has zero to do with mentality. You're like the mom that says "Oh you're to sick to go to school but you can sit on the computer?!?"

Just because Bell was able to go bowling does not mean he was able to play in a damn football game. I don't understand why that's so difficult to comprehend. 

• Like 2

Welcome back young man. Good news as the MRI seems to indicate low or no probability for making the injury worse. He should be out there per normal. Last week was clearly precautionary by the Raiders. Word is Jacobs was pissed they made him sit. 

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

It has zero to do with mentality. You're like the mom that says "Oh you're to sick to go to school but you can sit on the computer?!?"

Just because Bell was able to go bowling does not mean he was able to play in a damn football game. I don't understand why that's so difficult to comprehend. 

Buddy look, your argument MIGHT hold water if it was anybody other than the guy who sat out a whole season to protect his body. Face it, if bell had half the heart jacobs did, he’d be an all time great, instead his corpse rotting on the Jets. 

is JJ playing or not? What is everyone here rambling about?? 

I just dropped DW thinking I had the fantasy pickup of the year and now you're telling me there's a chance JJ ain't playing even though he's healthy??

8 minutes ago, mtx said:

is JJ playing or not? What is everyone here rambling about?? 

I just dropped DW thinking I had the fantasy pickup of the year and now you're telling me there's a chance JJ ain't playing even though he's healthy??

No one knows for sure but odds went from 20-30% of him playing to 80%+, I'd say.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

just add that dude to the Ignore List ...Bell "burned" managers this year so the splergs are numerous.

8 minutes ago, aapox said:

No one knows for sure but odds went from 20-30% of him playing to 80%+, I'd say.

Yup I think he's 100% playing, at least I have him in a best ball, oh how I love thee best ball. In redraft, I think you have to roll with him unless you have a RB2 with enough upside (maybe a Freeman type?) 

Just now, JSA2422 said:

just add that dude to the Ignore List ...Bell "burned" managers this year so the splergs are numerous.

I don't get why people seem to have a personal issue with Bell. Imagine getting mad at a dude because he went bowling... 

• Like 1

He will play or the fans will revolt and force the Raiders to relocate to Nevada 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bish0p said:

Buddy look, your argument MIGHT hold water if it was anybody other than the guy who sat out a whole season to protect his body. Face it, if bell had half the heart jacobs did, he’d be an all time great, instead his corpse rotting on the Jets. 

The word on Bell was that he wanted to play last week, but the organization told him to stay away from the team so he didn’t get everyone sick.