DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I don't get why people seem to have a personal issue with Bell. Imagine getting mad at a dude because he went bowling... 

and likely did it only for his family, probably would've rather stayed on the couch resting.

Gotta roll him out there if he's active.  DeAndre Washington - whom many a Jacobs' owner emptied the FAAB bank for - is a nice insurance policy if he is surprisingly inactive.

Worst case and season ending scenario is if Jacobs starts, decides he can't go or gets injured, and then DeAndre comes in and smashes.  Which is a significant possibility.  Simply because that's fantasy football for you and would be a truly brutal way to go home.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Gotta roll him out there if he's active.  DeAndre Washington - whom many a Jacobs' owner emptied the FAAB bank for - is a nice insurance policy if he is surprisingly inactive.

Worst case and season ending scenario is if Jacobs starts, decides he can't go or gets injured, and then DeAndre comes in and smashes.  Which is a significant possibility.  Simply because that's fantasy football for you and would be a truly brutal way to go home.

Patrick Laird it is then 😂😂😂

Edited by Watitdookie

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

That would be a brutal way to go home. However, if I bench one of the favorite guys on my roster that had a big part of carrying me this far and he ends up going off in a dream matchup I’d have to live with that decision all off season. 

9 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

That would be a brutal way to go home. However, if I bench one of the favorite guys on my roster that had a big part of carrying me this far and he ends up going off in a dream matchup I’d have to live with that decision all off season. 

Yup.  Dance with the girl you brought to prom.  Even if she's not perfect and has some flaws.  Because that's the girl you know you're going to take home.  But sometimes the dilemma is when the hot cheerleader catches your eye on the way in and it's tempting.

So...enough with the analogies.  This is fantasy foosball.  We Jacobs' owners don't own him stinkin' nuthin.  He obviously doesn't care about us.  We play the guy who we think will get us the most points.  Luckily I have two good RBs, so he's in my flex, and I can pivot to Diggs.  If I knew he was going to play the full game, I'd slot him in there.  But we just don't know if he's a full go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yup.  Dance with the girl you brought to prom.  Even if she's not perfect and has some flaws.  Because that's the girl you know you're going to take home.  But sometimes the dilemma is when the hot cheerleader catches your eye on the way in and it's tempting.

So...enough with the analogies.  This is fantasy foosball.  We Jacobs' owners don't own him stinkin' nuthin.  He obviously doesn't care about us.  We play the guy who we think will get us the most points.  Luckily I have two good RBs, so he's in my flex, and I can pivot to Diggs.  If I knew he was going to play the full game, I'd slot him in there.  But we just don't know if he's a full go.

What is it with you guys over analyzing everything? If he’s playing what is the difference playing him this week vs every other week he’s played with the same shoulder issue? Everyone started him in all his prior weeks but now everyone is worried? If anything he just got a week off, his mri came back good enough he’s practicing. If he is playing you play him just like you would any other week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

What is it with you guys over analyzing everything? If he’s playing what is the difference playing him this week vs every other week he’s played with the same shoulder issue? Everyone started him in all his prior weeks but now everyone is worried? If anything he just got a week off, his mri came back good enough he’s practicing. If he is playing you play him just like you would any other week.

Uh, is this question for real?  Yes, he's had the injury since week 9 or whatever it is.  And yes, he played through it every single week and we didn't know or care BECAUSE WE DIDN'T KNOW.  Obviously this past week the injury was significant enough for him to NOT PLAY.  So I think it is reasonable to show concern when there is a guy who was injured enough to sit out a week, now going back in to play when there is apparently no team motivation to put their franchise player out there if there is no reason to risk further injury.  What the player says and wants sometimes does not equate to what team management wants.

The only possible reason I see why the team brass would trot out a less than 100% Jacobs is because this is the last home game ever in Oakland and they want to give the fans a show.  But that's a hard narrative to bank on.  Maybe they let him play the first half, and if the game is out of reach, then take him out.  That would be disaster.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

giphy.gif

Just now, CooL said:

Uh, is this question for real?  Yes, he's had the injury since week 9 or whatever it is.  And yes, he played through it every single week and we didn't know or care BECAUSE WE DIDN'T KNOW.  Obviously this past week the injury was significant enough for him to NOT PLAY.  So I think it is reasonable to show concern when there is a guy who was injured enough to sit out a week, now going back in to play when there is apparently no team motivation to put their franchise player out there if there is no reason to risk further injury.  What the player says and wants sometimes does not equate to what team management wants.

The only possible reason I see why the team brass would trot out a less than 100% Jacobs is because this is the last home game ever in Oakland and they want to give the fans a show.  But that's a hard narrative to bank on.  Maybe they let him play the first half, and if the game is out of reach, then take him out.  That would be disaster.

What didn’t you know? His shoulder issue has been talked about since it started bothering him. Which was actually around week 7. Gruden has been talking about him getting shots all season. It’s been talked about all year. Maybe we didn’t know the severity of it but he’s had the same issue all year long and he’s been playing. If he plays I don’t see why there’s any more risk to him this week vs any other week he’s played. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CooL said:

Would rather dance with the girl you brought to the prom knowing she might get sick and go home?

Or the maybe less attractive girl in the corner who will 100% do things bad things with you if you dance with her?

40 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Patrick Laird it is then 😂😂😂

I'm actually trying to find a way to get that guy in my lineup in a couple leagues, but it certainly won't be for Jacobs haha. 

3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Would rather dance with the girl you brought to the prom knowing she might get sick and go home?

Or the maybe less attractive girl in the corner who will 100% do things bad things with you if you dance with her?

Haha, so true.  The less attractive girl in this analogy certainly can't be DeAndre Washington, because you can't plug him in and play if Jacobs is active.  So you'll need to pivot to somebody else.  And hopefully that someone can have you screaming Yes by the end of the game.

9 minutes ago, CooL said:

Haha, so true.  The less attractive girl in this analogy certainly can't be DeAndre Washington, because you can't plug him in and play if Jacobs is active.  So you'll need to pivot to somebody else.  And hopefully that someone can have you screaming Yes by the end of the game.

Correct.   Washington is the best fried of the girl you brought to the dance.  Who would have been happy to go to the dance with you if your current date got sick before the dance and couldn't go at all.  And she would be happy for you to take her and super grateful.   But since your first option said yes, you have no chance with her.   So now am I really looking at Ronald Jones over in the corner with pancake makeup and a two-dollar dress?  

Or am I considering Jamaal Williams, the best friend of my other dance partner and hoping for a threesome?  

Oh hey...there's MIles Sanders over by the punch bowl looking my way.  I could dance with her but she never goes all the way.

Edited by K197040

11 minutes ago, K197040 said:

This guy gets it.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Gotta roll him out there if he's active.

39 minutes ago, CooL said:

Luckily I have two good RBs, so he's in my flex, and I can pivot to Diggs.  I

Hmmm 🧐 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, typh00n2k said:

Hard to imagine this guy will be able to go/carry a full workload.. hardly moving his right arm with no contact 

I just don't know.  He looked fine taking the ball but yeah...I see what you mean after the play.  But he might be wearing some kind of brace or something.

Wtf knows....

This is playoff week.  I have visions of James Conner when I think of Jacobs playing with a bum shoulder.  Can't afford a goose egg.  Even if he does play....for how long?  How many snaps?  So many question marks.   I'm seriously thinking of rolling out Mostert over Jacobs. 

2 minutes ago, nbay23 said:

This is playoff week.  I have visions of James Conner when I think of Jacobs playing with a bum shoulder.  Can't afford a goose egg.  Even if he does play....for how long?  How many snaps?  So many question marks.   I'm seriously thinking of rolling out Mostert over Jacobs. 

That's a great option to have.  

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

I just don't know.  He looked fine taking the ball but yeah...I see what you mean after the play.  But he might be wearing some kind of brace or something.

Wtf knows....

He probably has some kind of brace. That being said hes obviously able to move/run around fine. It all comes down to if hes cleared for contact and if it holds up after multiple hits in the game. He has been playing through it and will likely get a shot. Just depends if they want to risk it

Being in this spot countless times, I think you play it safe here. You have a top 15 ish option to plug in for him, you bench and don’t look back.  If your best bench options are Bo Scarborough and Tevin Coleman, than you take the gamble and play Jacobs . Just make sure you have an emergency plan after the ones 

for point of reference, I’m sitting him for Mixon PPR and not thinking twice 

• Like 1