DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

43 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Everybody saying he looks good running around with a SHOULDER INJURY. 

Yup. I still think he's more likely to play than not (unbiased as I'm facing him so would rather him sit). He wanted to play last week and apparently the MRI looked good this week. All comes down to if the Raiders medical staff clear him for contact and if they want to roll him out there. 

Edited by vthokie3

18 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Yup. I still think he's more likely to play than not (unbiased as I'm facing him so would rather him sit). He wanted to play last week and apparently the MRI looked good this week. All comes down to if the Raiders medical staff clear him for contact and if they want to roll him out there. 

He will get a pain injection before the game, MRI is clean, I'm not sure what is even still wrong with him.

• Like 1

Just now, mtx said:

Why are they rushing him to play if he cant even put on a sweater......

Competing for that playoff spot....oh wait, nevermind.  Not sure why they aren't shutting him down.

• Like 2

From Adam Caplan

#Raiders HC Jon Gruden on RB Josh Jacobs after practice today when asked how he looked this week:

"Pretty good. He got work all three days. I think that's a good sign. I don't know how much he'll play, don't know 100% if he'll play, but it does look pretty good."#JAXvsOAK

Edited by mmcalli884
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mmcalli884 said:

From Adam Caplan

#Raiders HC Jon Gruden on RB Josh Jacobs after practice today when asked how he looked this week:

"Pretty good. He got work all three days. I think that's a good sign. I don't know how much he'll play, don't know 100% if he'll play, but it does look pretty good."#JAXvsOAK

I did the laugh response because it was the closest thing to the hitting your head against a wall emoji. 

Just enough to tank Washington's value as well. Just a smasher of a matchup though. You gotta think he at least grabs a TD even if the overall yards aren't there. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mmcalli884 said:

From Adam Caplan

I swear Gruden is just messing with fantasy owners now

Feeling like Jacobs is going to start and either via RBBC or an early Jacobs exit they are all going to be a let down 

Sure...he may be active but prolly wont play much of a workload. You can atleast bank on that. Seen this over and over again in the past with other players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

Feeling like Jacobs is going to start and either via RBBC or an early Jacobs exit they are all going to be a let down 

Its the early exit thing which bugs me too.  You can almost see it, he goes one series and is spotted trotting off the field holding his shoulder. 

I think he’s gonna ball out.  Kid wants to play so bad.   His shoulder is exactly how it’s been for weeks.  Nothing new except for a negative MRI - WIN!

Starting w confidence v one of the worst run D in the entire league. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

I think he’s gonna ball out.  Kid wants to play so bad.   His shoulder is exactly how it’s been for weeks.  Nothing new except for a negative MRI - WIN!

Starting w confidence v one of the worst run D in the entire league. 

I agree with this. Maybe im just hopeful but he seems tough as nails 

If he plays I think he does just fine. And it is a dream match up. I like him far more than Fournette this week if he suits up.

Jacobs is a stud.  But between the risk of re aggravating injury, Raiders offense has been horrible lately.  Combine that with Gruden's insistence of playing other RB's when behind.  The upside just doesn't outweigh the risk to me.

53 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Jacobs is a stud.  But between the risk of re aggravating injury, Raiders offense has been horrible lately.  Combine that with Gruden's insistence of playing other RB's when behind.  The upside just doesn't outweigh the risk to me.

Agree with this. And this isn’t even taking into account the real possibility of  the Jags (even as bad as they are) getting a decent lead and forcing the Raiders to play catch up.  

51 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Agree with this. And this isn’t even taking into account the real possibility of  the Jags (even as bad as they are) getting a decent lead and forcing the Raiders to play catch up.  

Maybe they'll get him more outside touches so he can run out a few times instead of taking the punishment

13 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Sure...he may be active but prolly wont play much of a workload. You can atleast bank on that. Seen this over and over again in the past with other players.

spoken like a seasoned/savvy player who will not get hoodwinked even if Jacobs is active.  kudos 👍

Can't believe I'm thinking about benching Jacobs but he has injury problems dating back to college.

It is his first ever 16 game season. This is week 15

Raiders don't utilize him in the passing game, so he will be a 1st and 2nd down thumper only, with risk for reinjury and leaving the game, I think I have to play Dede Westbrook over him.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Can't believe I'm thinking about benching Jacobs but he has injury problems dating back to college.

It is his first ever 16 game season. This is week 15

Raiders don't utilize him in the passing game, so he will be a 1st and 2nd down thumper only, with risk for reinjury and leaving the game, I think I have to play Dede Westbrook over him.

no Chark, playing from behind, baaad Raaaiihhhhduhhhhz secondary ... DeDe is a hell of a consolation 👍

i gotta sweat it out for DWash, tho ... hope we get early enuff clarity on this mutha. 

• Like 1