DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

36 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Can't believe I'm thinking about benching Jacobs but he has injury problems dating back to college.

It is his first ever 16 game season. This is week 15

Raiders don't utilize him in the passing game, so he will be a 1st and 2nd down thumper only, with risk for reinjury and leaving the game, I think I have to play Dede Westbrook over him.

Don’t do it, play Jacobs. 

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no Chark, playing from behind, baaad Raaaiihhhhduhhhhz secondary ... DeDe is a hell of a consolation 👍

i gotta sweat it out for DWash, tho ... hope we get early enuff clarity on this mutha. 

I think they may both get run... just a hunch

• Like 1

My suspicion is they'll manage his workload but will be trying to get him TDs to pad his stats. They just launched a massive digital campaign for his offensive rookie of the year push. 

Edited by LongBalls

40 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

My suspicion is they'll manage his workload but will be trying to get him TDs to pad his stats. They just launched a massive digital campaign for his offensive rookie of the year push. 

40 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

This...lol at people even thinking about sitting him in the easiest matchup he will have all year

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

This...lol at people even thinking about sitting him in the easiest matchup he will have all year

His coach is on record saying he doesn't know how much he'll play if he's even active. If you're ahead after a monster night from Lamar, or projected to win pretty easily, he's an easy sit for a guy with a solid floor. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

His coach is on record saying he doesn't know how much he'll play if he's even active. If you're ahead after a monster night from Lamar, or projected to win pretty easily, he's an easy sit for a guy with a solid floor. 

Just coach speak...absolutely zero reason to limit him at all. Medically cleared to play

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Just coach speak...absolutely zero reason to limit him at all. Medically cleared to play

If he has difficulty putting a sweatshirt on, how easy do you think it would be to get knocked out early? 

1 minute ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

If he has difficulty putting a sweatshirt on, how easy do you think it would be to get knocked out early? 

He has been dealing with it for a couple months and has finished every game he played in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

He has been dealing with it for a couple months and has finished every game he played in.

Then play him. Hell I might even play him, but again, he's an easy sit depending on your situation. Especially in PPR. He's also left the game several times this season. While he returned, I doubt that would likely be the case with them out of the playoffs now.

Edited by Watch_Yo_Back

31 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Zero reason to limit the best player on the team that has nothing to play for and has been injured for the last few weeks? More like zero reason to play him, but the raiders are stupid and I’m sure they will

Stop saying theres nothing to play for, they can still make the playoffs AND it's the last game in OAK, sounds like a bunch of people rooting against Jacob's this week for various reasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, esoomer said:

Stop saying theres nothing to play for, they can still make the playoffs AND it's the last game in OAK, sounds like a bunch of people rooting against Jacob's this week for various reasons.

all i care about is what I'M playing for, and it's major coin. 

i don't give one shaved rat's nutsack about Da Raiiihhhhduuuhhhzzzz playoff possibilities or their last home game ... i only care about this kid gettin' a full workload, and he will not. 

book it. 

57 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

This is my thought too.  If they thought he could get hurt the last thing they would do is potentially damage the long term prospects of a future franchise player before they move the team to Vegas.  This ownership group doesn’t give a s*** about Oakland.  They’re thinking ahead to Vegas.  

If they start him I would assume it’s because they believe it is safe to do so.  

18 minutes ago, esoomer said:

Sounds more like a bunch of Jacobs owners refusing to admit the fact that it's a roulette spin starting him this week. I own him but it scares the **** out of me right now and it's fine to admit that.

42 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

all i care about is what I'M playing for, and it's major coin. 

i don't give one shaved rat's nutsack about Da Raiiihhhhduuuhhhzzzz playoff possibilities or their last home game ... i only care about this kid gettin' a full workload, and he will not. 

book it. 

Ok Mr. Al Davis ... 

47 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

Sounds more like a bunch of Jacobs owners refusing to admit the fact that it's a roulette spin starting him this week. I own him but it scares the **** out of me right now and it's fine to admit that.

The Raiders have a few good reasons to play him, his workload is a completely seperate argument 

Only a franchise as dumb as the Raiders would play their best player with a fractured shoulder in the last 3 meaningless games of the season. 

Oh yeah that's right they still have a shot at the playoffs lol. A whopping 1% statistical chance in a doomsday scenario. They are currently the 9th seed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Only a franchise as dumb as the Raiders would play their best player with a fractured shoulder in the last 3 meaningless games of the season. 

Oh yeah that's right they still have a shot at the playoffs lol. A whopping 1% statistical chance in a doomsday scenario. They are currently the 9th seed. 

The MRI revealed a fracture?

I was unaware of this.

55 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The MRI revealed a fracture?

I was unaware of this.

Def a gametime decision and will most likely be ruled out (or barely play..) You gotta give your RB time to get healthy for p!ayoffs