DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Def a gametime decision and will most likely be ruled out (or barely play..) You gotta give your RB time to get healthy for p!ayoffs

Why do you say this?

He had a mri and its clean no risk for further injury career ending wise, hes front runner for ROY and yes the Raiders do care about this, when he plays he gets min 15 touches, jags stink, and they have are still in the playoff race albeit slim. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Why do you say this?

He had a mri and its clean no risk for further injury career ending wise, hes front runner for ROY and yes the Raiders do care about this, when he plays he gets min 15 touches, jags stink, and they have are still in the playoff race albeit slim. 

Better options in PPR for sure. Completely touchdown dependent.

2 hours ago, fantasymad said:

Only a franchise as dumb as the Raiders would play their best player with a fractured shoulder in the last 3 meaningless games of the season. 

Oh yeah that's right they still have a shot at the playoffs lol. A whopping 1% statistical chance in a doomsday scenario. They are currently the 9th seed. 

this guy gets it ^

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

This thread will be a fun revisit tomorrow.  

it will prolly be locked ad infinitum 👳‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

Better options in PPR for sure. Completely touchdown dependent.

Except he has a high floor putting up great yardage in all the games he has played... have you paid any attention to him all season?

Edited by devaster
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

Except he has a high floor putting up great yardage in all the games he has played... have you paid any attention to him all season?

I own him but thanks for your concern. He's averaging 14 a game. Mixon has been on par with him for the second half of the season and even better. For Christs sake Patrick laird will get you 14 points in PPR. It's all about circumstances and league settings. Settle down.

1 hour ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

Probably be full of a lot of sour puss Jacobs owners who started him...

Well if that’s the case, the first person that posts complaining about his usage should be banned

coach speak lol

This is unsettling. Jacobs owners fighting amongst themselves? LMAO. Channel that energy toward winning week 15! Jacobs will play and FEAST. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who thinks they saw Jacobs practice. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

This is unsettling. Jacobs owners fighting amongst themselves? LMAO. Channel that energy toward winning week 15! Jacobs will play and FEAST. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who thinks they saw Jacobs practice. 

Hahaha. Funny thing is i AM a Jacobs owner but I pray to God he's out this week. I want no part of him 

4 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

Hahaha. Funny thing is i AM a Jacobs owner but I pray to God he's out this week. I want no part of him 

He got you to the dance. You have to let him on the floor, right? You always play your studs. I own him and will play him whether he gets me 2 or 20. Am I nervous? Damn skippy. But the matchup and upside are too great for this underdog to ignore. For what its worth Im rolling with Mahomes in Blizzardville and Thielen as well. So, yeah. Either going to be very good or very bad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

He got you to the dance. You have to let him on the floor, right? You always play your studs. I own him and will play him whether he gets me 2 or 20. Am I nervous? Damn skippy. But the matchup and upside are too great for this underdog to ignore. For what its worth Im rolling with Mahomes in Blizzardville and Thielen as well. So, yeah. Either going to be very good or very bad.

I have enough upside plays. Someone with a safe floor intrigues me much more than Jacobs. Last thing I need is a 10/40 leave in the 3rd quarter game. We'll see what tomorrows reports bring. Unless it's full of "without restrictions" or "normal workload", I ain't playing him.

2 hours ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

I have enough upside plays. Someone with a safe floor intrigues me much more than Jacobs. Last thing I need is a 10/40 leave in the 3rd quarter game. We'll see what tomorrows reports bring. Unless it's full of "without restrictions" or "normal workload", I ain't playing him.

My matchup won't allow for too many safe floors. Your matchup may be different. 

5 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Def a gametime decision and will most likely be ruled out (or barely play..) You gotta give your RB time to get healthy for p!ayoffs

Definitely none of what was said here is definite. So adjust accordingly.

18 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

welp, here we goooo ...

Oh man, here we go. I doubt it's worse than what he has been playing on since week 7. Had 2 weeks of rest and will probably get a pain injection. 

🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Oh man, here we go. I doubt it's worse than what he has been playing on since week 7. Had 2 weeks of rest and will probably get a pain injection. 

🤔

ya know ... reading the Rap tweet again - seems kinda cryptic, no?

i mean, it says "he's good to go", and we've known all week that JJ was itchin' to play, in a true "DAMN THE TORPEDOES!!1!" stance ... we know HE ain't sitting himself down. 

i would've much preferred seeing "Gruden/Raiders confirm Jacobs good to go" 🤔

it's still a great sign, no question ... but it does leave a sliver of uncertainty, ya know?

suffice to say, if we had none of this agita/drama this week i could easily see the kid as the overall RB1 for the week ... Jax has loooooong since packed their friggin' bags.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ya know ... reading the Rap tweet again - seems kinda cryptic, no?

i mean, it says "he's good to go", and we've known all week that JJ was itchin' to play, in a true "DAMN THE TORPEDOES!!1!" stance ... we know HE ain't sitting himself down. 

i would've much preferred seeing "Gruden/Raiders confirm Jacobs good to go" 🤔

it's still a great sign, no question ... but it does leave a sliver of uncertainty, ya know?

suffice to say, if we had none of this agita/drama this week i could easily see the kid as the overall RB1 for the week ... Jax has loooooong since packed their friggin' bags.  

This...the only disappointment will be if he does not take his first carry to the house. Jags are all arm tacklers Now

If DeAndre Washington was dropped cuz of this news of Jacobs starting, he might be a good bench stash for week 16.  I don't see Jacobs coming out of this one unscathed unfortunately.

At least I have to make the choice of playing either him or Fournette. If all the reports are good I think he is the better bet over Fournette this week.