DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

Appreciate the quote. I guess that doesn't clear up the situation for sure. 

Although if the Raiders couldn't run on Jacksonville at home, Im not sure how excited Id be to play DWash or JJ

Yeah based on that tweet I wouldn't count on him this week unfortunately, especially if he aggravated it like someone said above. I think they're eliminated from the playoffs too. They have absolutely no reason to put him out there and risk a worse injury with nothing to play for. Be ready for him to be shut down.

I think Washington makes a risky replacement into a so so matchup, wouldn't risk it in the ship unless you have no choice.

welp, this is the most "official" unofficial shutdown in recent memory, eh?  

he's on ice, fellas ... plan accordingly ☠

• Thanks 1

Thanks JJ. Could have had an even better season if coaches involved him in passing game and kept on design him.

its so obv when he he gets pulled every 3rd down and the passes go to Jalen

3 hours ago, maxim730 said:

Guy had surgery? On his legs?

Infection. Saying it shouldn't affect his status for Sunday lol wtf

So I'm curious what the deal is with the shoulder.  Sure hope he doesn't need shoulder surgery. I owned Doug Martin and he just didn't seem right after he had his shoulder injury.

2 hours ago, maxim730 said:

With all the negativity constantly surrounding the NFL for various players off the field actions is refreshing to see a young man not only overcome so much but to then thrive. I honestly knew nothing bout Jacobs back story and didn't know anything about him going into last years NFL draft. Now he's going to be someone who I will continually to cheer for and hopefully he's able to continue to turn his struggles into something positive much like Warrick Dunn did after his mother was murdered. 

• Like 2

SNUBBED!!! Losing OROTY to Murray is ridiculous. It wasn't even close, everyone knew Josh ran away with this one by a mile. The NFL hates the Raiders, they never want to see us win anything, I swear.

1 hour ago, NoahsArc said:

SNUBBED!!! Losing OROTY to Murray is ridiculous. It wasn't even close, everyone knew Josh ran away with this one by a mile. The NFL hates the Raiders, they never want to see us win anything, I swear.

Uh...no. Jacobs was forcefed and still couldn’t finish the year as an RB1. Plus the Raiders sucked. He wasn’t even better than Miles Sanders in 2019.

4 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

Ugh...Jacobs had a great rookie season bud, but Kyler’s was historic. “Not even close?” Come on man. 

5 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

What did he do? He didnt look exceptional for the season and missed time due to injury. I give him credit for playing injured but so do most NFL players.

Makes me wonder can he actually carry a full load for an entire season 

Edited by dashoe

On 2/1/2020 at 5:53 PM, joshua18 said:

Uh...no. Jacobs was forcefed and still couldn’t finish the year as an RB1. Plus the Raiders sucked. He wasn’t even better than Miles Sanders in 2019.

He would have if he remained healthy. Playing with a bum shoulder he was still putting up RB1 weeks. They shut him down unfortunately, but he could have kept playing.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:36 PM, dashoe said:

What did he do? He didnt look exceptional for the season and missed time due to injury. I give him credit for playing injured but so do most NFL players.

Makes me wonder can he actually carry a full load for an entire season 

This is just a terrible quote. What is your basis for saying this. First he definitely passed the eye test. Second all data shows he was a stud.

PFF ranked him #1 in elusiveness rankings and I think he led the nfl in broken tackles despite missing 3 games, by a wide margin. What is your data for saying he was not exceptional?

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

This is just a terrible quote. What is your basis for saying this. First he definitely passed the eye test. Second all data shows he was a stuf.

PFF ranked him #1 in elusiveness rankings and I think he led the nfl in broken tackles despite missing 3 games, by a wide margin. What is your data for saying he was not exceptional?

and none of what you stated even put him in context to beat Murray as Rookie of the year.

So elusiveness based on a PFF grade and some broken tackles are the qualification as being an rb stud? .

Like I said i didnt see anything exceptional . Raiders have a decent run blocking oline. He had a few good games but in my view he wasnt a game changing talent. People love to use the ubiquitous term  "stud" a lot on these forums. 😂

Edited by dashoe

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

and none of what you stated even put him in context to beat Murray as Rookie of the year.

So elusiveness based on a PFF grade and some broken tackles are the qualification as being an rb stud? .

Like I said i didnt see anything exceptional . Raiders have a decent run blocking oline. He had a few good games but in my view he wasnt a game changing talent. People love to use the ubiquitous term  "stud" a lot on these forums. 😂

Did you watch him running out there? He was impressive and making defenders miss at the 2nd and 3rd levels often. The Raiders were a bad team and he was carrying that offense.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Please not another “definition of stud” conversation....

I have to agree with the OPs: Jacobs was certainly “exceptional” in multiple facets this season, regardless of your disdain for PFF.  Even a simple eye test renders that apparent.

33 minutes ago, devaster said:

Did you watch him running out there? He was impressive and making defenders miss at the 2nd and 3rd levels often. The Raiders were a bad team and he was carrying that offense.

Yes I did watch him as I said he didnt look exceptional. I didnt say he wasnt a good rb, I said he didnt look "exceptional". He also didnt come close to challenging Kyler  as ROY, which was also the other point.

I'm not sure why this this bothers some who are reacting as if I said he sucked. 😂

12 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Yes I did watch him as I said he didnt look exceptional. I didnt say he wasnt a good rb, I said he didnt look "exceptional". He also didnt come close to challenging Kyler  as ROY, which was also the other point.

I'm not sure why this this bothers some who are reacting as if I said he sucked. 😂

Leading the league in broken tackles and missing 3 games IS exceptional. Being ranked the #2 overall rb by pff and #1 on elusiveness is exceptional. 

The dude is great.

With all that being said his lack of passing game work will make me not pick him in the top 30 picks in any kind of ppr. I also dont like how they mix in the other rbs.