DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

Josh had trouble staying healthy for a full season in college.

I'll be the first to acknowledge he has a problem playing a full slate of games every year.

That being said, his talent makes you drool. 

He had 1,100 rushing yards and missed 3 full games. If he ever did stay healthy he could go for 1,500 rushing yards.

Gruden used Jacobs in the receiving game less than Vrabel used Derrick Henry. That is laughable for a guy like Jacobs who has smooth hands, I'm not sure why Gruden didn't trust him in the passing game, he is a very fluid pass catcher and ive seen him run WR routes a good bit in college so I don't know why they would use Jalen Richard over Jacobs in the pass game unless the Raiders really are concerned about his workload as a rookie. 

23 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Josh had trouble staying healthy for a full season in college.

I'll be the first to acknowledge he has a problem playing a full slate of games every year.

That being said, his talent makes you drool. 

He had 1,100 rushing yards and missed 3 full games. If he ever did stay healthy he could go for 1,500 rushing yards.

Gruden used Jacobs in the receiving game less than Vrabel used Derrick Henry. That is laughable for a guy like Jacobs who has smooth hands, I'm not sure why Gruden didn't trust him in the passing game, he is a very fluid pass catcher and ive seen him run WR routes a good bit in college so I don't know why they would use Jalen Richard over Jacobs in the pass game unless the Raiders really are concerned about his workload as a rookie. 

Jacobs is nowhere near to Henry’s league. He couldn’t handle a bellcow workload before breaking down.

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Jacobs is nowhere near to Henry’s league. He couldn’t handle a bellcow workload before breaking down.

What are you talking about?

I mentioned Jacobs issues staying healthy already. That's what Henry does at an elite level compared to Josh.

As a runner Josh is in the same league as Henry. I don't have the numbers but Josh was at the top of the league in yards after contact. He had 1,100 rushing yards as a rookie, that's as impressive as any rookie RB could hope to have.

If you were just echoing my sentiment that Jacobs has trouble staying healthy for a full season then I'm sorry for misinterpreting your post.

It's not uncommon for rookie RBs to get dinged up.  Miles Sanders missed games due to injury this year and only had 1 season with significant playing time at Penn State after holding down the backup role for Saquon Barkley so these issues are not all that uncommon. Josh will need to work on staying healthy for a full slate of games but he is still the best RB drafted last season.

40 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

There are couple of thoughts on that

1) just speculation on my part:  But there were a couple of videos posted of Jacobs in practice (after the news about his injury surfaced).  And it looked like he was having trouble raising his arm past a certain point.  I wonder if that limited the targets.

2) brought up on Fantasy Footballers :  Raiders knew he was limited and wanted to reduce his work.  So Richards was the designated passing down back and took those snaps in practice and it carried through to the games.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2020 at 2:02 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What are you talking about?

I mentioned Jacobs issues staying healthy already. That's what Henry does at an elite level compared to Josh.

As a runner Josh is in the same league as Henry. I don't have the numbers but Josh was at the top of the league in yards after contact. He had 1,100 rushing yards as a rookie, that's as impressive as any rookie RB could hope to have.

If you were just echoing my sentiment that Jacobs has trouble staying healthy for a full season then I'm sorry for misinterpreting your post.

It's not uncommon for rookie RBs to get dinged up.  Miles Sanders missed games due to injury this year and only had 1 season with significant playing time at Penn State after holding down the backup role for Saquon Barkley so these issues are not all that uncommon. Josh will need to work on staying healthy for a full slate of games but he is still the best RB drafted last season.

Glad you brought up Barkley.  Fun fact, Jacobs had more rushing yards and more YPC than Barkley did and they both played 13 games 😎

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Glad you brought up Barkley.  Fun fact, Jacobs had more rushing yards and more YPC than Barkley did and they both played 13 games 😎

Then please draft him over Saquon.  Put your money where your mouth is.

RB Jalen Richard signs two-year extension with Raiders

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28641574/rb-jalen-richard-signs-two-year-extension-raiders

20 hours ago, joshua18 said:

He outproduced your boy as a rookie 🤷‍♂️  

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2020 at 3:10 AM, joshua18 said:

What if both of them are my keepers in my dynasty league😎...get the henne and get the coke....

12 hours ago, kdko said:

He outproduced your boy as a rookie 🤷‍♂️  

Nope. Receiving matters for a RB. 

18 hours ago, devaster said:

Doesn't really mean anything. Teams need depth.

Keep telling yourself that. The contract tells us all that Richard remains the 3rd down RB, which severely dents Jacobs’ ceiling.

Edited by joshua18

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Keep telling yourself that. The contract tells us all that Richard remains the 3rd down RB, which severely dents Jacobs’ ceiling.

I'm glad you know the future. Plenty of teams sign receiving backs and bring back familiar RB's. Where you do rank Jacobs?

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'm glad you know the future. Plenty of teams sign receiving backs and bring back familiar RB's. Where you do rank Jacobs?

1. Cmc

2. Barkley

3. Kamara

4. Zeke

5. Chubb without hunt

6. Kamara

7. Fournette

8. Mixon

9. Bell

10. Jones

11. Henry

12. Jacobs

5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Nope. Receiving matters for a RB. 

Thankfully for Barkley, since Jacobs is a better runner.

30 minutes ago, kdko said:

Thankfully for Barkley, since Jacobs is a better runner.

LOL

So you going to draft him ahead of Saquon next year, or are you just all talk?

4 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

1. Cmc

2. Barkley

3. Kamara

4. Zeke

5. Chubb without hunt

6. Kamara

7. Fournette

8. Mixon

9. Bell

10. Jones

11. Henry

12. Jacobs

The same place he finished this year...below Miles Sanders

Jacobs ran behind the fifth-best O-Line by Adjusted Line Yards this past season.  Barkley ran behind the 25th-best.