DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I do think double digit touchdowns is possible though. 

 

It's def possible. If phillip lindsay can get 10 tds then Jacobs can too. But I think people forget just how hard that stat is to get. The last three years theres been 7 to 10 rbs that get double digit TDs. Start listing possible 10 td guys and you see that Jacob's is lower on the list.

Saquon, Zeke, Alvin, Gordon, Henry, chubb, DJ, CMC, Mixon, fournette, Conner, 

Those guys are for sure possible double digit td guys most have done it already. Other guys are certainly capable

Cook if healthy 

Gurely if hes the goalie back in LA and healthy

Aaron Jones if he gets enough touches

Mack if he plays 16 games 

Michel if belichick decides he wants to (lagarret blount 18td season)

Carson had 9 last year. 

All of these guys to me seem more capable to score double digit TDs than Josh jacobs. But on average 10 or less RBs will. So I think Jacob's probably falls out of that top 10.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

After seeing Barkley had a 1198 rushing 688 receiving 

 

I thought barkely topped 2000 yards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

 

I thought barkely topped 2000 yards. 

He did it was 1300 and 700. Not sure what I was looking at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 7:28 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Jacobs shared the load in college.

Firnette was their full time starting RB

Jacobs is a much better receiver than LF

 

You have nothing but subjective conjecture to draw upon to suggest Jakubs is a better receiver than Fournette. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

You have nothing but subjective conjecture to draw upon to suggest Jakubs is a better receiver than Fournette. 

 

Just what I have seen them both do with my own eyes. So yes, you are right, it is subjective conjecture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

You have nothing but subjective conjecture to draw upon to suggest Jakubs is a better receiver than Fournette. 

well, it is true that fournette seems to do better when the ball is thrown underhanded 😀

giphy.gif

 

21 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Just what I have seen them both do with my own eyes. So yes, you are right, it is subjective conjecture.

 

josh jacobs has hands enough, but he also has some stiff competition for receptions in jalen richard, a player who's explosive when given a touch --- and richard was given ample looks last year ranking 9th in targets for an RB and 7th in receptions (just behind tarik cohen).

josh_jacobs_auburn_catch.gif

 

while i don't see jalen richard as relevant as tarik cohen, his role parallels cohen's and his touches siphon opportunity away from josh jacobs...

fournette has no such competition (save his own aches and pains)

 

giphy.gif

jets22.gif?w=635&h=326

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Just what I have seen them both do with my own eyes. So yes, you are right, it is subjective conjecture.

 

I don’t trust your eyes. If the players didn’t wear crimson in college, like jakubs, then you automatically downgrade them in all facets of the game compared to those who played for Bama. Lol. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

I don’t trust your eyes. If the players didn’t wear crimson in college, like jakubs, then you automatically downgrade them in all facets of the game compared to those who played for Bama. Lol. 

 

Imagine how much better fournette woulda been if he wore that crimson lol

But seriously Jacob's is the better pass catcher (imo) from his limited college tape but fournette is more than capable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

 

Imagine how much better fournette woulda been if he wore that crimson lol

But seriously Jacob's is the better pass catcher (imo) from his limited college tape but fournette is more than capable 

 

He’d be the goat in the making. Lol. 

They’re both quality receivers, but I believe Fournette lacks consistency in his routes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

I don’t trust your eyes. If the players didn’t wear crimson in college, like jakubs, then you automatically downgrade them in all facets of the game compared to those who played for Bama. Lol. 

 

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

 

I don't trust your opinion on firnette since you are noticeably biased towards LSU players.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

 

Imagine how much better fournette woulda been if he wore that crimson lol

But seriously Jacob's is the better pass catcher (imo) from his limited college tape but fournette is more than capable 

 

Firnette could not have gotten in. Need more than crayons to play in crimson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

He’d be the goat in the making. Lol. 

They’re both quality receivers, but I believe Fournette lacks consistency in his routes. 

 

Lacks consistency in his routes?

 

Lol. What does that mean? It's hard for him to run the same route twice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

 

Imagine how much better fournette woulda been if he wore that crimson lol

But seriously Jacob's is the better pass catcher (imo) from his limited college tape but fournette is more than capable 

 

Jakubs has a much more developed route running tree than Firnette does. Firnette does not have as good a hands as jakubs. Firnette can not track a ball like a WR like Jakubs can. Firnette is not gonna run a 15 yard slant like Jakubs will. The most Firnette will be is a dumpoff RB on some screens. Nice for a handful of PPR points but nowhere close to as polished as jakubs is.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Firnette could not have gotten in. Need more than crayons to play in crimson.

 

Lol that's the pot calling the kettle black.

I guess ya only need coloring pencils for bama. They cant even count the real number of national titles they got their. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

 

Lol that's the pot calling the kettle black.

I guess ya only need coloring pencils for bama. They cant even count the real number of national titles they got their. 

 

Jealousy comes with the territory when you are the best.

 

No problem, buddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Jealousy comes with the territory when you are the best.

 

No problem, buddy.

 

It's not jealousy it's a literal fact. Bama counts titles from the 50s where they lost 3 games and were ranked like 12th in the country as national championship season.

It's the same way Kentucky claims a national title in 1955 and they've never won a national title game or been named champ by any poll.

If Texas or Ohio state counted titles like that they'd have a boat load too. Notre dame could have 20 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

 

It's not jealousy it's a literal fact. Bama counts titles from the 50s where they lost 3 games and were ranked like 12th in the country as national championship season.

It's the same way Kentucky claims a national title in 1955 and they've never won a national title game or been named champ by any poll.

If Texas or Ohio state counted titles like that they'd have a boat load too. Notre dame could have 20 

 

I'm not gonna derail the Josh Jacobs thread anymore than it already is. If you need some relevant information on your assertions then I'd be happy to take it up with you in PM, if not then let's return to Jacobs and his fantasy outlook.

 

Thanking you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

I'm not gonna derail the Josh Jacobs thread anymore than it already is. If you need some relevant information on your assertions then I'd be happy to take it up with you in PM, if not then let's return to Jacobs and his fantasy outlook.

 

Thanking you in advance.

 Good idea. Sorry didnt mean to go on a rant on the Jacob's thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Jakubs has a much more developed route running tree than Firnette does. Firnette does not have as good a hands as jakubs. Firnette can not track a ball like a WR like Jakubs can. Firnette is not gonna run a 15 yard slant like Jakubs will. The most Firnette will be is a dumpoff RB on some screens. Nice for a handful of PPR points but nowhere close to as polished as jakubs is.

You keep forgetting to involve rushing ability and rushing volume in your Fournette vs Jacob's analysis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

 

I don't trust your opinion on firnette since you are noticeably biased towards LSU players.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tenor.gif

Dude, I knew you were funny but that's the best thing I read all day.

Flyman is a fan and not shy about it, but I dare you to quote an example where it affected his opinion on a player.

You, however... Pot and kettle indeed.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

You keep forgetting to involve rushing ability and rushing volume in your Fournette vs Jacob's analysis.

 

I never really broached the subject of their rushing abilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tenor.gif

Dude, I knew you were funny but that's the best thing I read all day.

Flyman is a fan and not shy about it, but I dare you to quote an example where it affected his opinion on a player.

You, however... Pot and kettle indeed.

 

Again, that is your opinion. I respect that.

 

I think we both speak what we believe to be the truth. I've always appreciated the discourse. Everyone is free to make up their own minds about who or what argument they believe to be true.

 

Just based off of what I have seen in high school recruiting film and college and NFL of LF and the the high school recruiting film and college of JJ leads me to believe that Jacobs is a better natural catcher than LF. I don't mind hearing the argument against that if you do not agree. I have watched JJ run wide receiver routes out of the slot, make nice over the shoulder catches, tracking the ball in and catching it in traffic. Not saying LF cannot do those things but I've seen him play a lot since high school and I don't see that included in his game up to this point.

 

I haven't compared LF rushing ability to JJ up to this point. I was specifically responding to the differences in JJ and LFs receiving game.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think we both speak what we believe to be the truth.

Whether you "believe" something is the truth is not very relevant. Kids believe Santa Claus is real, but even though he wears crimson, that doesn't make him the truth.

47 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Just based off of what I have seen in high school recruiting film and college and NFL of LF and the the high school recruiting film and college of JJ leads me to believe that Jacobs is a better natural catcher than LF.

That's slightly more relevant, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not really relevant what he did in high school, but how he will perform in the Gruden offense in the NFL

I really don't care what school a guy came from. 9/10 I'm not interested even how he performed in school. For a guy like Fournette (not firnette), it's relevant that his production went down in his second year (IN THE NFL), and that he was injured both years. For a guy like Henry, it matters that he failed to deliver for most of his NFL career, and then he suddenly did. For a guy like Jacobs, it matters that the Raiders picked him high (in the NFL), that Gruden often had RBs with between 200-300 touches, that there is talent behind him (behind JJ, not behind Gruden) but nothing earth shattering, so JJ has a clear path to fantasy relevance.

Let's talk about these things.

Edited by Boudewijn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

I never really broached the subject of their rushing abilities. 

So you would take Fournette over Jacobs in redraft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

So you would take Fournette over Jacobs in redraft?

 

That's a tough question. They both have their advantages. I might be inclined to take LF over JJ but lots of things to consider. LF might be better equipped to last a full 16 game season than a rookie RB and LF will not be competing with anyone for snaps in his backfield. On the other hand LF has been suspended for games due to attitude problems that puts fantasy owners in a tight spot sometimes, that kind of volatile unreliability is concerning and something I don't think you have to worry about with JJ. LF and JJ both have their own injury history problems that you have to take into account.  So even though LF should be in line for more touches than JJ I'm afraid of LFs injury issues and attitude problems. Not sure which one I would choose for fantasy purposes but obviously I like JJ's abilities and the idea LF could get suspended any given week gives me pause about committing to him as my RB2, so I'm somewhat undecided before we hear more info from training camp, etc...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.