dashoe

Marquise Brown 2019 Outlook

Normally i pass on rookie wr's because they dont make enough of an impact in the real game to be fantasy relevant.

Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is a guy I am willing to take a cheap flyer on or target on the waiver because he is an explosive playmaker from anywhere on the field. Also his competition on the team is currently Seth Roberts and Willie Snead. 

Lamar doesnt need to be an elite passer when he can hit Marquise for 5yds and let him do the rest. 

I think if Brown gets 8 targets a game he will be very relevant in ppr

One of the very worst situations to get drafted into. I don't think he'll be a waiver wire guy either. I'll guess like 8-10 round in 12 team leagues.

• Like 1

That's gotta be one of the youngest receiver corps ever. Snead must feel real old suddenly at 27.

Thoughts as the season inches closer... he's going dirt cheap to free in some leagues... and most likely their number 1 health permitting 

Antonio Browns cousin if it matters he lobbied hard to get him on the Raiders but they took Jacobs instead and by their next pick he was gone...

6 hours ago, hard1 said:

Thoughts as the season inches closer... he's going dirt cheap to free in some leagues... and most likely their number 1 health permitting 

funny, when you post the word "inches" on the hollywood brown forum, it reminded me of how his first college coach described marquise: “He was really, really little.”

when he first starting playing college ball, hollywood was 138 pounds, the size of a middle-school kid. he's 25 pounds of muscle heavier now (though still 5'8").

2 hours ago, dschddny said:

anyone watch him much in college?  How great was he?

he was great because of his speed, plain and simple; even nfl DBs will have a tough time keeping up. hollywood insists that he could have broken the 4.22 40-yard dash record at the combine, if he'd participated. i believe it, if he was 100% healthy.

but my two questions are, 1) how many passes will it take for LJax to connect with hollywood? how long will it itake LJax to develop his long-ball accuracy?

giphy.gif

and 2) how is his health? how is he recovering from the lysfranc? penn state did a great study determining that lysfranc injuries are entirely recoverable for full performance, a higher chance than the 80% of an ACL, if the lesion is under 2mm... i don't know, i imagine that because hollywood is hobbit-sized maybe his feet are small? so that 2mm could be 1.5mm? but then again, hobbits have big feet, right?

TemptingDisastrousCoqui-max-1mb.gif

Yeah he's not big... but he's got game... and I'm sure his yearly workouts include big cuz so he's learning from one of the best... supposed to take the training wheels off jackson a little more...and if they can just do short hits to him anyway he has a big chance to do his thing as seen above.... he's def a gamble but his cost right now is very low... 

In dynasty: sure, why not, give it a whirl. In redraft? haha. I'll find him on the waiver when I need him.

• Haha 1

Hollywood Brown, going to be the hottest add this week smh

5 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

Added him at 12:59 today right before games locked in 

Did you start him?

12 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Did you start him?

Nope. I needed WR help so I scooped him up. I’m starting him next week tho 

So, will be be startable in PPR against NON-Dolphins opponents?

Jackson was throwing great today, Dolphins or not. He was accurate and it wasn't a run first mentality. Has a pretty decent schedule in the next 2 weeks with the Patrick Petersonless Cards and Chiefs. Think I'm using my valued number 1 waiver claim on him in a 10 team non-ppr. Overreaction? Probably.

5 hours ago, bmoney0111 said:

Added him at 12:59 today right before games locked in 

Smarter than me. I dropped him this morning before the game to pick up Malcolm Brown. I mean Malcolm Brown was a good add, but I dropped the wrong guy. 

Anyone worried about his snap count? Apparently he only played 14 snaps or so.

Might be the very definition of boom-bust.

1 minute ago, Espoiral said:

Anyone worried about his snap count? Apparently he only played 14 snaps or so.

Might be the very definition of boom-bust.

Is that a product of him being injured in preseason though and having minimal if no reps with Lamar?  I guess we will have to see but look at who he's competing with for targets