The 7th Beatles

D. K. Metcalf 2019 Outlook

33 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I call foul on the play. An interview is to get to know the individual, shake hands, assess their intelligence and ability to play within your team culture and organization. it is the one brief moment when all of the stats, data, and film watching is connected to actually meeting the PERSON as a professional.

Asking that young man to go shirtless is actually demeaning and insulting to him. The message is don't focus on the person, focus on the physical specimen as if he was nothing more than a racehorse.

The Seahawks should be embarrassed. 🤬

He must have made an impression.  I didn't think he was in the room that long.

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

I call foul on the play. An interview is to get to know the individual, shake hands, assess their intelligence and ability to play within your team culture and organization. it is the one brief moment when all of the stats, data, and film watching is connected to actually meeting the PERSON as a professional.

Asking that young man to go shirtless is actually demeaning and insulting to him. The message is don't focus on the person, focus on the physical specimen as if he was nothing more than a racehorse.

The Seahawks should be embarrassed. 🤬

I really hope this is a joke.

First off ,the entire point of the combine (You know, the hottest off season event other than the draft) is to analyze a persons physical ability. Is that demeaning as well? I mean, how dare they have professional ATHLETES show off their ATHLETICISM? The pre draft interview can also have an ATHLETE display their ATHLETICISM. Second off, it was a joke. Everyone knew it was a joke. DK even walked into the room laughing. 

if this post is a joke, 2/10. If it is serious, -10/10

As for his play on the field, this is a perfect landing spot. Obviously there are HUGE limitations. Mostly the agility and limited route tree. However, he is also 230, ran a 4.33, and has a 40 inch vertical. That is absolutely absurd no matter how you look at it. Now, Baldwin may retire and that leaves a huge gap. Not only that, Wilson is one of the best (if not the best) deep ball QBs in the league. Perfect match.

Should be a good bye week filler. I'm sure he will have a few big games due to his ridiculous speed and size combo along with Wilson's deep ball. A few 4/120/1 games or something along with a bunch of 0/15/0 games. Again, makes him great to throw out there during a bye week. 

Just now, Gohawks said:

I really hope this is a joke.

First off ,the entire point of the combine (You know, the hottest off season event other than the draft) is to analyze a persons physical ability. Is that demeaning as well? I mean, how dare they have professional ATHLETES show off their ATHLETICISM? The pre draft interview can also have an ATHLETE display their ATHLETICISM. Second off, it was a joke. Everyone knew it was a joke. DK even walked into the room laughing. 

if this post is a joke, 2/10. If it is serious, -10/10

No it's not a joke. This was the INTERVIEWING part not the physical not the agility drills.

This was the face to face let's talk and get to know each other because they already have all of the data and pics and film and metrics and blood and urine and medical reports on his physical build and playing ability.

Do you know what a sit down interview actually is?

And of course a  20yr old kid is going to laugh if you tell him it's a joke and it will help him get drafted

Ans of course a bunch of middle aged staff and execs are going to laugh because they have their clothes on and they are the ones making the decision.

How many other of the 300 athletes were prompted to interview with their shirts off?

I'll wait for that answer if you can find it but you won't because it is not the norm. 🤔

The scout who told him to do it had an agenda so it really wasnt a joke at all it was manipulation.  I guarantee you if that young mans father was with him he wouldnt have walked into that interview with his shirt off. . .no self respecting dad with life experience would allow that to happen to his son because he gets the context of  a joke that isnt really a  joke where a college kid wouldnt. 

He would probably like most dads say give a strong handshake, look them in the eye and be polite and respectful.👏

Who cares if he's shirted or not? He made an impression and got the job.

I like him if Baldwin is out for the season

59 minutes ago, dashoe said:

No it's not a joke. This was the INTERVIEWING part not the physical not the agility drills.

This was the face to face let's talk and get to know each other because they already have all of the data and pics and film and metrics and blood and urine and medical reports on his physical build and playing ability.

Do you know what a sit down interview actually is?

And of course a  20yr old kid is going to laugh if you tell him it's a joke and it will help him get drafted

Ans of course a bunch of middle aged staff and execs are going to laugh because they have their clothes on and they are the ones making the decision.

How many other of the 300 athletes were prompted to interview with their shirts off?

I'll wait for that answer if you can find it but you won't because it is not the norm. 🤔

This is borderline s--- posting. Good lord...

NONE WERE PROMPTED. Do you know why? It's not rocket science... The dude made the most waves in NFL history on social media for his physique. 

53109651_422391211901624_336528328885070

He was huge for his physique already and a running meme. Everyone on ******** earth knew this. The entire reason some mocks had him so high was because of the damn pictures of him looking like a bodybuilder. You really think it is just some random "Hey uh, you are built. Can you uh..Like take of your shirt?" He walked into the room and everyone including him were laughing. Not "Wow look how buff this guy is. Can I touch you?" Also he is 21 not 5. I'm sure he can make his own decision.

It was a hilarious situation especially when Carroll did it as well so it is only right that someone goes and tries to get butt hurt over it because well..Welcome to 2019. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

NONE WERE PROMPTED. Do you know why? It's not rocket science... The dude made the most waves in NFL history on social media for his physique. 

He was huge for his physique already and a running meme. Everyone on ******** earth knew this. The entire reason some mocks had him so high was because of the damn pictures of him looking like a bodybuilder. You really think it is just some random "Hey uh, you are built. Can you uh..Like take of your shirt?" He walked into the room and everyone including him were laughing. Not "Wow look how buff this guy is. Can I touch you?" Also he is 21 not 5. I'm sure he can make his own decision.

It was a hilarious situation especially when Carroll did it as well so it is only right that someone goes and tries to get butt hurt over it because well..Welcome to 2019. 

Pretty funny when Carroll does it too. People need to relax

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

He was huge for his physique already and a running meme. Everyone on ******** earth knew this. The entire reason some mocks had him so high was because of the damn pictures of him looking like a bodybuilder. You really think it is just some random "Hey uh, you are built. Can you uh..Like take of your shirt?" He walked into the room and everyone including him were laughing. Not "Wow look how buff this guy is. Can I touch you?"

1. Do your research before you protest to much the kid was told by the scout to take his shirt off

Southwest area scout Aaron Hineline suggested that Metcalf walk into the hotel room where the interview was taking place shirtless.

“Aaron got him to take his shirt off before he went into interview at the Crowne Plaza, it was pretty funny,” Schneider said.

So its  nice that you think that way but it doesnt defend the act of manipulation by the scout to exploit the kid further by having him go shirtless. Social media is not a professional job interview and like i said if you can show me where it is NORMAL protocol for  the 300 combine athletes to do sit down interviews shirtless then I will concede .  I don't agree a professional organization should tolerate that behavior when giving a professional interview. it cheapens them and further dehumanizes the kid  who really doesnt know any better in a sport that historically dehumnaizes players. 

But you won't be able to show me that shirtless NFL sit down interviews are normal because they are not and you can keep railing about how you disagree with me in defense of your seahawks;  

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

1. Do your research before you protest to much the kid was told by the scout to take his shirt off

Southwest area scout Aaron Hineline suggested that Metcalf walk into the hotel room where the interview was taking place shirtless.

“Aaron got him to take his shirt off before he went into interview at the Crowne Plaza, it was pretty funny,” Schneider said.

So its  nice that you think that way but it doesnt defend the act of manipulation by the scout to exploit the kid further by having him go shirtless. Social media is not a professional job interview and like i said if you can show me where it is NORMAL protocol for  the 300 combine athletes to do sit down interviews shirtless then I will concede .  I don't agree a professional organization should tolerate that behavior when giving a professional interview. it cheapens them and further dehumanizes the kid  who really doesnt know any better in a sport that historically dehumnaizes players. 

But you won't be able to show me that shirtless NFL sit down interviews are normal because they are not and you can keep railing about how you disagree with me in defense of your seahawks;  

Everyone knows a scout asked him to take his shirt off.

I never said it's the norm. I said that argument makes no sense because it is also not the norm for a guy to go trending like DK did for his physique. That picture became a meme. I'm sure everyone knew that including DK AS INDICATED BY EVERYONE'S LAUGHING. They weren't staring at him shirtless in awe. They were laughing with him. How can you not get it that it was a joke? I mean, genuinely? Also, it's a professional job interview for an athletic job. Not sitting behind a desk.

I'm not defending the Seahawks. You just sound ridiculous. i'm done with this argument because it is far away the stupidest one I've seen on this forum. 

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Everyone knows a scout asked him to take his shirt off.

I never said it's the norm. I said that argument makes no sense because it is also not the norm for a guy to go trending like DK did for his physique. That picture became a meme. I'm sure everyone knew that including DK AS INDICATED BY EVERYONE'S LAUGHING. They weren't staring at him shirtless in awe. They were laughing with him. How can you not get it that it was a joke? I mean, genuinely? Also, it's a professional job interview for an athletic job. Not sitting behind a desk.

I'm not defending the Seahawks. You just sound ridiculous. i'm done with this argument because it is far away the stupidest one I've seen on this forum. 

So it's not a professional job interview?  Did you really  write that? 😂

I don't care if it's a joke, it's  unwarranted and unneccessary and it's at the expense of a kid looking to impress his potential employer. The joke is at his expense but he is too young to understand that but the middle aged men around him who can determine his fate should understand that and they should act accordingly.

Listen I understand if you are unable to grasp the nuance and subtext of my point but maybe one day you will👏

You dudes really need to stop talking about his pictures. 

Anyhow, I'm probably out. I think he's more a combine hero 

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Possibly but a lot of people are down on him. His draft value will likely be last few rounds which isn’t bad for the only big deep threat for a QB with a great deep ball. Plus, if Baldwin retires Seahawks won’t have much at that position. 

He will be a huge boom or bust. I can see 20/300/1 as well as 60/1000/8. Worth the flier with the last couple picks. 

17 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

How? Pretty sure Brady beat his three cone

Edited by lolcopter

11 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He will be a huge boom or bust. I can see 20/300/1 as well as 60/1000/8. Worth the flier with the last couple picks. 

So far, I'm all in on bust. Definitely not 1000 the first season, but who knows in a couple seasons. I have to say though, for a young kid who needs to learn a bit, there's worse options than Carroll as a head coach. 

Dynasty: yes. Redraft 2019: see you on the wire.

Edited by Boudewijn

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

How? Pretty sure Brady beat his three cone

He ran a 4.33 and look at the dude.

Also, Bradys pliability is off the charts, of course he'd crush the three cone.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Possibly but a lot of people are down on him. His draft value will likely be last few rounds which isn’t bad for the only big deep threat for a QB with a great deep ball. Plus, if Baldwin retires Seahawks won’t have much at that position. 

1000 seems nuts to me. Maybe like 50/700/8 or something.