The 7th Beatles

D. K. Metcalf 2019 Outlook

"Metcalf was everywhere Sunday, chipping in with a two-point conversion, a 53-yard touchdown dash that made Jamel Dean (4.30 forty time) look like he was moving in quicksand and countless other highlights that wouldn't fit in this moderately-sized blurb (our CMS has a strict character limit). Metcalf, a Greek god who left Athens to pursue a football career, was at his best when the stakes were highest, coming through with one clutch catch after another in the fourth quarter and overtime. He helped facilitate the game-winning touchdown with a sprawling 29-yard grab to set up first-and-goal with 6:55 remaining in overtime. Now the leading receiver among rookies with 525 yards, the second-rounder could wind up as the steal of the 2019 Draft. Metcalf will take his act on the road in Week 10, where the undefeated Niners will await his presence on Monday Night Football."

• Haha 1

Rising Star. Was targeted all over the field (short, intermediate, and deep routes) and Russ went to him repeatedly in overtime, and DK answered. This kid is going places. Josh Gordon is irrelevant. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

"Metcalf was everywhere Sunday, chipping in with a two-point conversion, a 53-yard touchdown dash that made Jamel Dean (4.30 forty time) look like he was moving in quicksand and countless other highlights that wouldn't fit in this moderately-sized blurb (our CMS has a strict character limit). Metcalf, a Greek god who left Athens to pursue a football career, was at his best when the stakes were highest, coming through with one clutch catch after another in the fourth quarter and overtime. He helped facilitate the game-winning touchdown with a sprawling 29-yard grab to set up first-and-goal with 6:55 remaining in overtime. Now the leading receiver among rookies with 525 yards, the second-rounder could wind up as the steal of the 2019 Draft. Metcalf will take his act on the road in Week 10, where the undefeated Niners will await his presence on Monday Night Football."

Their writeups are so corny sometimes. I guess they should try to be amusing because that's really all they have to offer 

6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Their writeups are so corny sometimes. I guess they should try to be amusing because that's really all they have to offer 

that's far from corny ... it's actually sad 🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

This kid is going places. Josh Gordon is irrelevant. 

AMEN to this ... at this stage of their respective careers Gordon can't touch this kid's burgeoning skill set. 

On 11/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, Neauxls said:

Is Metcalf a must start until we see proof of Gordon stealing targets? 

with all the byes and injuries...I’ll be starting DK this week.   But Sherman will be a tough test for the budding rookie.   Temper expectations.   

5 minutes ago, RolandoRoomes said:

I am thinking he gets more targets than Lockett vs SF

that would be fairly surprising 

Fading this week...the secondary is no joke still...I'll fade the rookie in primetime against this horrific matchup. You best believe sherman is bringing his A game 

15 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Fading this week...the secondary is no joke still...I'll fade the rookie in primetime against this horrific matchup. You best believe sherman is bringing his A game 

Me too. Sitting him for Kirk vs TB. 

20 minutes ago, Randy_Rancourtt said:

Me too. Sitting him for Kirk vs TB. 

Same. Sitting him for AJG this week.

DK has Philly then Minnesota after their bye so he'll be a solid start week 12-13.

Thinking about possibly picking him up again though if I can. Just curious what people are thinking about his ROS outlook with J. Gordon now in the fold.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 hours ago, Jay85 said:

Boom Boom this weekend? 

I'm slightly concerned with the Philly weather. The rain appears to be done around kickoff but winds of 15 mph may remain with gusts 18-20mph throughout the game. 

7 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I'm slightly concerned with the Philly weather. The rain appears to be done around kickoff but winds of 15 mph may remain with gusts 18-20mph throughout the game. 

Darn. This is something i need to evaluate now

7 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

St.Russel has a freakin' cannon ... and in two of the qtrs the wind will be favorable (lest it swirls in the Linc 🤷‍♂️).

if Iggles win the toss they will prolly defer to take the favorable wind in 2nd & 4th qtrs ... something to look out for -

but, again, Russ can zip it with the best of 'em. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

St.Russel has a freakin' cannon ... and in two of the qtrs the wind will be favorable (lest it swirls in the Linc 🤷‍♂️).

if Iggles win the toss they will prolly defer to take the favorable wind in 2nd & 4th qtrs ... something to look out for -

but, again, Russ can zip it with the best of 'em. 

Agreed-  this isn’t a hurricane we’re talking about.  DK is getting targets all over the field and I’m confident they’ll use him heavily.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How are we feeling about D.K. tomorrow against the Rams? Not sure whether Ramsey will be shadowing him or Lockett, but with Lockett's recent struggles D.K. has been receiving low-end WR1 volume (and for fantasy purposes a WR2 output). Regardless, his future is bright. 

How you guys feeling about him this week? Panthers struggle with slot wrs so worried this is gonna be a lockett game

Edited by scheibler

Metcalf will get his. He's caught 12 of the last 13 passes so Wilson has total confidence in the best WR from the 2019 draft.