The 7th Beatles

D. K. Metcalf 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Does White just keep getting hurt or does he suck? Havent really followed.

They need to cut him so they can actually use that roster spot

7 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Does White just keep getting hurt or does he suck? Havent really followed.

Season ending injuries for 3yrs and thus never had the opportunity to develop his skill set as a NFL wr. You cant make the leap from rookie to seasoned talented vet if you never see the field.

Pete Carroll and Walter Jones are blowing sunshine for this player.  Caveat emptor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/27/2019 at 11:30 PM, Proteus said:

I hope his hands and route running are tip top.

Because something has to counter the whole arms-don't-bend thing.

Well, I’m just gonna say it

It’s not

Comparison between Seattle's top two rookie WRs, DK Metcalf vs Gary Jennings:

Height/weight: Metcalf = 6'3" 228lbs vs Jennings = 6'1" 214lbs

Arms: Metcalf = 34 7/8" vs Jennings = 32 1/2"

Hands: Metcalf = 9 7/8" vs Jennings = 9 5/8"

40 time: Metcalf = 4.33 vs Jennings = 4.42

Bench: Metcalf = 27 vs Jennings = 20

Broad jump: Metcalf = 134" vs Jennings = 127"

Vertical: Metcalf = 40.5" vs Jennings = 37"

3-cone: Jennings = 7.32 vs Metcalf = 7.38 *the linked article at the bottom of this post offers a positive spin on this stat, regarding Jennings.

20yd-shuttle: Jennings = 4.15 vs Metcalf = 4.5 *the linked article at the bottom of this post offers a positive spin on this stat, regarding Jennings.

Career stats: Jennings = 168/2294/17 (13.7yds/rec) vs Metcalf = 67/1228/14 (18.3yds/rec)

IMHO if a person were wanting to draft a piece of this Seattle offense in dynasty (in the form of a rookie WR), maybe the better play is to pass on Metcalf, and draft Jennings later. Jennings career stats and combine numbers were good (outside of 3-cone/20yd), and here is a recent article outlining why the author thinks Jennings represents one of the better prospects in this years draft:

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/4/4/18277669/gary-jennings-wvu-receiver-scouting-draft

In summary (detailed explanation contained within article): "1) Advanced stats say Jennings is one of the best receivers in the draft. 2) He prides himself as a deep threat, and he can draw up exactly how a team might use formations to unleash him. 3) Jennings’ big-play ability hasn’t come at the expense of everything else. 4) The combine raised one question about his skill set, but his game film says not to worry."

...just some thoughts :shrug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Comparison between Seattle's top two rookie WRs, DK Metcalf vs Gary Jennings:

Height/weight: Metcalf = 6'3" 228lbs vs Jennings = 6'1" 214lbs

Arms: Metcalf = 34 7/8" vs Jennings = 32 1/2"

Hands: Metcalf = 9 7/8" vs Jennings = 9 5/8"

40 time: Metcalf = 4.33 vs Jennings = 4.42

Bench: Metcalf = 27 vs Jennings = 20

Broad jump: Metcalf = 134" vs Jennings = 127"

Vertical: Metcalf = 40.5" vs Jennings = 37"

3-cone: Jennings = 7.32 vs Metcalf = 7.38 *the linked article at the bottom of this post offers a positive spin on this stat, regarding Jennings.

20yd-shuttle: Jennings = 4.15 vs Metcalf = 4.5 *the linked article at the bottom of this post offers a positive spin on this stat, regarding Jennings.

Career stats: Jennings = 168/2294/17 (13.7yds/rec) vs Metcalf = 67/1228/14 (18.3yds/rec)

IMHO if a person were wanting to draft a piece of this Seattle offense in dynasty (in the form of a rookie WR), maybe the better play is to pass on Metcalf, and draft Jennings later. Jennings career stats and combine numbers were good (outside of 3-cone/20yd), and here is a recent article outlining why the author thinks Jennings represents one of the better prospects in this years draft:

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/4/4/18277669/gary-jennings-wvu-receiver-scouting-draft

In summary (detailed explanation contained within article): "1) Advanced stats say Jennings is one of the best receivers in the draft. 2) He prides himself as a deep threat, and he can draw up exactly how a team might use formations to unleash him. 3) Jennings’ big-play ability hasn’t come at the expense of everything else. 4) The combine raised one question about his skill set, but his game film says not to worry."

...just some thoughts :shrug:

additional thought: how will david "bestball" moore fit into this picture?

the sophomore was extremely efficient last season regarding ypc and TDs, and while i'm not suggesting he's the WR to own in seattle (outside of bestball), i'm thinking he will without a doubt drain some opportunity away from metcalf, lockett, and whoever else is out there. like last season, with the better DBs covering the more conspicuous WRs, david moore proves himself difficult to cover.

LoneAridLeonberger-size_restricted.gif

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

additional thought: how will david "bestball" moore fit into this picture?

the sophomore was extremely efficient last season regarding ypc and TDs, and while i'm not suggesting he's the WR to own in seattle (outside of bestball), i'm thinking he will without a doubt drain some opportunity away from metcalf, lockett, and whoever else is out there. like last season, with the better DBs covering the more conspicuous WRs, david moore proves himself difficult to cover.

Excellent point. David Moore has similar metrics to Metcalf/Jennings: 6'1" 219lbs and 4.42 40 (pro day), with two years experience, and some good production in a few games yr 2.

...and seeing as how I am not a Lockett or (Metcalf) truther, Moore is certainly a guy to monitor, thanks!

Being held out of practice with a strained oblique. In Metcalf's case it could be fatal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Welp. Announced after the game tonight (which he didn’t play) that he needs knee surgery but he’ll be ready for week 1? Details are limited. So maybe just a simple scope? Must be very minimal if he’s ready to go by week 1. 

7 hours ago, CooL said:

Welp. Announced after the game tonight (which he didn’t play) that he needs knee surgery but he’ll be ready for week 1? Details are limited. So maybe just a simple scope? Must be very minimal if he’s ready to go by week 1. 

Hopefully no one is counting on any rookie wr for their lineup...but it does sound like a minor cleanup.   Looking for flashes this season and a major role in 2020

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Hopefully no one is counting on any rookie wr for their lineup...but it does sound like a minor cleanup.   Looking for flashes this season and a major role in 2020

Well, yeah, nobody is relying on him to start in their lineups.  But in 12 or 14 teamers, it's conceivable that he would be rostered on a bench in many leagues so I think the news is not insignificant.  He's 38% owned and is supposed to be the starting WR opposite Lockett.  He has an easier path to targets than other touted rookies like Mecole Hardman or Deebo Samuel.

He's my wr5 so not much of a hit, luckily it's minor and he'll be back in no time

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

He's my wr5 so not much of a hit, luckily it's minor and he'll be back in no time

Yep.   Short term and he’s not starting for any fantasy teams week 1 anyway.    You hate for him to lose the chance for additional reps-  but it’s week 3 preseason anyway.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Unless you're in a dynasty league into the trash he goes.

Whoopsie!    More bad advice 

He’s droppable IMO. Hasn’t done squat in the preseason and is now done for the preseason with a knee injury of some sort. I don’t see anyone who would be clamoring to pick him up off of the waiver wire right now given the circumstances. I’ll circle back closer to the start of the regular season.

• Like 1

Keeper leagues have a different view on him. He still gets drafted in those leagues. Definitely worth a draft and stash just to see what he becomes. I'd take a chance after most of my starting lineup is filled out. 

He was already facing an uphill battle. He needed all the reps and time to build chemistry with Russ. Now he probably won’t be playable until week 8

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Yep.   Short term and he’s not starting for any fantasy teams week 1 anyway.    You hate for him to lose the chance for additional reps-  but it’s week 3 preseason anyway.   

The odds of him doing anything of significance in 2019 were poor to begin with. He is a dynasty/keeper stash and nothing more.

Guy just had surgery on his knee.

He is basically a risk to start week 1, and he is not that impressive when healthy.   He can grow, but this is not a good start for his career.  

Reading this thread it seems I'm the only person in Fantasy Land excited to have this monster lining up as Seattle's WR2 and catching bombs from Russell Wilson...

Sheep will be Sheep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Spina said:

Reading this thread it seems I'm the only person in Fantasy Land excited to have this monster lining up as Seattle's WR2 and catching bombs from Russell Wilson...

Sheep will be Sheep.

tenor.gif?itemid=13368409

• Haha 2

Anyone see any value in this kid? My WR bench includes Desean, Corey Davis, Anthony Miller and I’m tempted now that he’s practicing and on track. Seems like the only WR2 available for Russ if he’s playing