The 7th Beatles

D. K. Metcalf 2019 Outlook

Umm wow I'm giddy just thinking about his ros potential with Wilson and this team. I thought he looked good if not great out there, I honestly was expecting him to be just a big doofus with speed out there but he came to play...right? 

Are we ready to buy a ticket and hop on this train or was this game his best of the season?

He raised an eyebrow yesterday.  I'm still not sold on him being a fantasy regular, but as a roster piece used for depth, byes, or to serve as a lotto ticket he makes some sense. Someone has to catch the ball in Seattle and Lockett is their only legit receiver.

12 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He raised an eyebrow yesterday.  I'm still not sold on him being a fantasy regular, but as a roster piece used for depth, byes, or to serve as a lotto ticket he makes some sense. Someone has to catch the ball in Seattle and Lockett is their only legit receiver.

loved what i saw yesterday ... St.Russel throws a beeeyyooooteeeefull deep ball, and this kid is gonna get his.

but to call his route running chops "bad" is actually a compliment - they're pretty awful, actually - im'ma call him "Sushi" - kid is raw

but no issue with this numbers from yesterday - now, David Moore is due back in week 3 - let's see how rahrah Petey handles it going forward. 

If I'm not mistaken, two of his missed targets were in the endzone. They weren't catchable, but the fact that Russ trusted him game 1 is a positive. I don't have a reliable WR2 so I might be firing up the engines next week for the new Drift King.

he looked good, im glad i picked him up before the game. expecting 5-7 targets a game 

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

loved what i saw yesterday ... St.Russel throws a beeeyyooooteeeefull deep ball, and this kid is gonna get his.

but to call his route running chops "bad" is actually a compliment - they're pretty awful, actually - im'ma call him "Sushi" - kid is raw

but no issue with this numbers from yesterday - now, David Moore is due back in week 3 - let's see how rahrah Petey handles it going forward. 

Moore is as good as 💀 unless DK hits the rookie wall.    5-10 high value/RZ targets a week.    Somewhere between flex and Wr2 value weekly.    

They LOVVVVVVEEEEE this kid and will be patient with his flaws. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Thanks 1

Wilson didn't even look at Lockett until the 4th qt.

I really don’t get the lack of hype here. Makes no sense. Wilson and DK seem like a match made in heaven. He’s not as bad of a route runner as people say, and half of the time Wilson is scrambling and his receivers break off their routes anyway. He is an elite athlete. 

Yea I get that this is a run first team, but there is still serious upside here. Love him in my flex this week in a game I expect the Seahawks to be trailing. 

• Like 1

Yeah I don't get the lack of hype here either, big dude, athletic, faaast AF, elite qb and got targetted adequately. I don't see why he's not being given the attention? But I guess it has only been 1 week if a sample size, let's give it another 2 weeks shall we?

4 minutes ago, Fantasy_Degenerate said:

Yeah I don't get the lack of hype here either, big dude, athletic, faaast AF, elite qb and got targetted adequately. I don't see why he's not being given the attention? 

simple ... he didn't play the Dolphins. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I really don’t get the lack of hype here. Makes no sense. Wilson and DK seem like a match made in heaven. He’s not as bad of a route runner as people say, and half of the time Wilson is scrambling and his receivers break off their routes anyway. He is an elite athlete. 

Yea I get that this is a run first team, but there is still serious upside here. Love him in my flex this week in a game I expect the Seahawks to be trailing. 

Honestly, I faded him big time. First the combine workout warrior label. Then the preseason injury and surgery. I was thinking he was going to come along really slowly like Penny did last season and struggle early. Add that mindset with the workout warrior label and I thought it was a recipe for disaster. That said I never would have had an opportunity to draft him in dynasty since he went in the 1st round of our rookie draft this season. And I ended up with Hollywood Brown in the 2nd round.

He looked good though. And looked like he isn't just a workout warrior. His route running may not be top tier and may never be, but he is a fast big-bodied WR that Wilson loves to target.

• Like 1

no one is saying to pick him up, other then in here. I think hes gonna get some good play, 5-7 targets. I like his upside.

1 minute ago, whadeeb said:

no one is saying to pick him up, other then in here. I think hes gonna get some good play, 5-7 targets. I like his upside.

i advocated for it last week in the "who will be the hot pickup after week 1" thread - i scooped him once i saw he was named starter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i advocated for it last week in the "who will be the hot pickup after week 1" thread - i scooped him once i saw he was named starter. 

I scooped up Tyrell Williams on Saturday with AB's news in a shallower league and Ross on Sunday morning in a dynasty. Go me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I scooped up Tyrell Williams on Saturday with AB's news in a shallower league and Ross on Sunday morning in a dynasty. Go me.

tbh, i woulda scooped Tyrell over DK myself, but he was rostered in all 3 leegs ... Ross was a total mind blow - hope to get a piece where i can. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

On 8/29/2019 at 1:20 PM, Spina said:

Reading this thread it seems I'm the only person in Fantasy Land excited to have this monster lining up as Seattle's WR2 WR1 and catching bombs from Russell Wilson...

Sheep will be Sheep.

Still excited. Even moreso after watching week one....and reading the Tyler Lockett Thread 👀👎

Was curiously quiet in here for a solid, encouraging NFL debut.

• Like 1

6’3” 224, 4.33, high 2nd round pick with Russel Wilson throwing him deep balls off PA, uhh yea I’ll gobble him up wherever I can get him. I just figured he was like 60% owned because most all waiver reports dont even mention him, and despite all mentioned above and a very solid week 1,  he is 35% owned on Yahoo, the Dolphins are going to lead many astray 

On 9/9/2019 at 10:17 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

St.Russel throws a beeeyyooooteeeefull deep ball, and this kid is gonna get his.

I posted a thread/question in the AC forum about which WR to keep. It was Anthony Miller or DK. 

It was unanimous for Miller. But I kept thinking about Wilson’s deep ball. It is the most catchable deep ball in the game. And DK is a monster who is more than capable of running in a straight line and making plays. 

Glad I kept him. 

I just picked up this rude boy, more targets than Lockett, playing with one of the best of today's QBs, 5 pages and I never got wind of this guy until last night! Let's ride...

As a Seahawks fan I’m used to underwhelming receivers and was intrigued by DK but honestly not expecting much, at least this year.  Watching the game I said to my buddy “man DK looks like a vet.”  This mirrors what Pete had said in camp about how polished he was and they were surprised by that.  I didn’t really buy it until I saw him play Sunday.  The guy truly looks like he belongs out there and like he’s been doing it for a while.  He could really make some noise.  Fantasy-wise my only concern with him is volume.  But he has a good shot at making up for it with splash plays and RZ.  Definitely hold on to him.

1 hour ago, OmegaRed88 said:

As a Seahawks fan I’m used to underwhelming receivers and was intrigued by DK but honestly not expecting much, at least this year.  Watching the game I said to my buddy “man DK looks like a vet.”  This mirrors what Pete had said in camp about how polished he was and they were surprised by that.  I didn’t really buy it until I saw him play Sunday.  The guy truly looks like he belongs out there and like he’s been doing it for a while.  He could really make some noise.  Fantasy-wise my only concern with him is volume.  But he has a good shot at making up for it with splash plays and RZ.  Definitely hold on to him.

Sounds good man, thanks. He was my third choice on waivers this week (after Ty Williams and Marquise Brown) but happy to pick him up and see what happens.

9 hours ago, Fantasy_Degenerate said:

Yeah I don't get the lack of hype here either, big dude, athletic, faaast AF, elite qb and got targetted adequately. I don't see why he's not being given the attention? But I guess it has only been 1 week if a sample size, let's give it another 2 weeks shall we?

If he had added a TD to his stat line everyone would be going crazy for him right now. He got overshadowed in week 1 by the other young WRs who all happened to score a long TD or two. What I'm looking for is someone who has a real role in their offense, will get consistent/valuable targets, and plays on a good offense with a good QB. DK checks all these boxes for me, and I'm sold. Definitely worth an add wherever possible. I won't be starting him yet, but he has the upside to be a WR2/3 this year, so I'll hold a couple weeks and see what we have here.

14 hours ago, dakimbell said:

6’3” 224, 4.33, high 2nd round pick with Russel Wilson throwing him deep balls off PA, uhh yea I’ll gobble him up wherever I can get him. I just figured he was like 60% owned because most all waiver reports dont even mention him, and despite all mentioned above and a very solid week 1,  he is 35% owned on Yahoo, the Dolphins are going to lead many astray 

I listen to about a million podcasts before bed and not one mentioned him for a ww pickup

6 minutes ago, whadeeb said:

I listen to about a million podcasts before bed and not one mentioned him for a ww pickup

prolly 'cuz all those sharps figured he was already drafted and on rosters ...

🙋‍♂️

• Like 1