The 7th Beatles

D. K. Metcalf 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

Could be a shootout vs the Steelers this week. Wilson might have to air it out a bunch because you know Ben and the Steelers are looking to put up some points after last week.  We should have safer options than D.K at this point, but this game sure looks tasty.

i went extremely RB heavy ... my tastiest option was 'Reek - so now it's DK or doom!

(other starter is Boyd)  

🤔

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 7:29 PM, SpartanEric said:

Pitt is in a classic rebound spot here, they will put up points this week. 

Hoping this one turns into a shootout, looking at starting Metcalf and maybe a dart throw on Washington. 

I had TY Hilton last week and people were saying to sit him against the Chargers because Hayward was gonna shadow him. Ended up gettin 2 TDs. Don't be too scared about playing Golladay.

With all that said, I'd go Metcalf over him anyways :)!!!!!

I think both offenses want a bounce back game. 

I think this could be a 28-27 type of game with most of the scoring happening in the last 20 minutes 

• Like 1

Two starts into his NFL career, Metcalf has caught 6 of 13 targets for 150 yards and a touchdown. 

I’ve seen only highlights, but I get the sense that he’s building a role in that offense.

Any ‘Hawks fans out there who have watched the games more fully- care to share thoughts on how his season might develop?

Might he be a player to target off the wire with an eye on steady or growing production?

Edited by candygram4mongo

It's pretty encouraging that he's already producing. Then again there isn't much talent in that WR core outside of him and Lockett. What's everyone's thoughts on him in keeper leagues? Obviously a run first team, but with a great QB I still feel like he has some potential to be a WR2 type eventually on down the road if he improves his route running and gets enough targets the next few years. 

Next week will be hard to forecast. 

Saints looked completely defeated after they realized Teddy Bridgewater sucks. 

He could go off next week. But so can Carson and Penny. 

44 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:

Two starts into his NFL career, Metcalf has caught 6 of 13 targets for 150 yards and a touchdown. 

I’ve seen only highlights, but I get the sense that he’s building a role in that offense.

Any ‘Hawks fans out there who have watched the games more fully- care to share thoughts on how his season might develop?

Might he be a player to target off the wire with an eye on steady or growing production?

DK is hard to forecast as he’s unlike anything we’ve had in Seattle in what seems like forever, especially in the Pete/Russell era.  

But as I said earlier, DK looks like a vet out there.  Very impressed.  My concern with him will be volume.  BUT, I’m very confident in saying he will get routine deep shots and red zone looks.  I think he will produce more often than not, with a pretty high ceiling not weekly (volume) but over the course of the year.  Looking forward to this guy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

It's pretty encouraging that he's already producing. Then again there isn't much talent in that WR core outside of him and Lockett. What's everyone's thoughts on him in keeper leagues? Obviously a run first team, but with a great QB I still feel like he has some potential to be a WR2 type eventually on down the road if he improves his route running and gets enough targets the next few years. 

He's had 2 good fantasy games out of 2 and he's a 99th percentile athlete, I feel pretty good about his keeper league viability

Edited by miasma16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, candygram4mongo said:

He looks like a raw and young Julio Jones in terms of just being bigger, faster, and stronger than anyone guarding him. Also, Wilson absolutely loves him. He’s forcing the ball to him like I haven’t seen him do to anyone else. 

He was going to be a top 20 pick if not for one stupid combine drill. Which is laughable. 

• Like 1

Who else is Wilson going to throw to? He has locket and D.K. This guy is going to be top 20-25 WR this year or close to it. And I don't even own him but will try to buy for cheap if I still can.

Edited by StevenSC400

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

Who else is Wilson going to throw to? He has locket and D.K. This guy is going to be top 20-25 WR this year or close to it. And I don't even own him but will try to buy for cheap if I still can.

He is still kind of a cult classic at this point I think. Anyone in your league who has him is probably in the cult. But a slick buy offer wouldn’t hurt, go for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Who else is Wilson going to throw to? He has locket and D.K. 

Dissly greatly impacts this kid - we need RZ targets galore, 'cause the volume just is not gonna be prodigious otherwise. 

4 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

This guy is going to be top 20-25 WR this year or close to it. And I don't even own him but will try to buy for cheap if I still can.

i dig the optimism, and i'll keep plugging him in because injuries - he's still just getting acclimated after missing time with the surgery, etc - can be downtight beastly come latter part of the season - pleasant surprise thus far, kid's done some work. 

5 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Top 25? Don’t see it.

7 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

If you’re that high on him, buy now... I’m an owner and would be willing to trade him. Not because I think he’s going to have a bad season, but I don’t see myself starting him except as a bye week filler.

8 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

If you’re that high on him, buy now... I’m an owner and would be willing to trade him. Not because I think he’s going to have a bad season, but I don’t see myself starting him except as a bye week filler.

Depends on the league.  If you start 3 WR and no Flex, he's definitely starter material.  In my lineup both weeks, and producing.  

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

He looks like a raw and young Julio Jones in terms of just being bigger, faster, and stronger than anyone guarding him. Also, Wilson absolutely loves him. He’s forcing the ball to him like I haven’t seen him do to anyone else. 

He was going to be a top 20 pick if not for one stupid combine drill. Which is laughable. 

3 stupid combine drills....but who’s counting? 😝 

This is the time to buy him for sure.  Good chance of seeing his value increase dramatically as the season progresses.  

Just wait until the 60 yard TD drops...  He’ll be a household name with a price to match. 

45 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Depends on the league.  If you start 3 WR and no Flex, he's definitely starter material.  In my lineup both weeks, and producing.  

Agreed... We are 12-team 2 WRs and a flex.  I drafted decently, so DK is a reserve at this point.

Just traded for him, some folks just smash the eye test...feels like he's only going to get better throughout the year, right time to get in imo.

• Like 1

ok, lemme preface this nugget with a disclaimer, plz take note: 

SMALL SAMPLE SIZE THRU THE FIRST TWO GAMES, YES - BUT NOTEWORTHY, NONETHELESS-

Metcalf is accounting for a staggering 53% of Seattle's air yards ... to put in context, only two players topped the 40% mark last season: Julio at 45%, Nuk with 44% ('Reek, Golladay, AB rounded out the top five in said category).

an extremely beastly number for this kid ... each passing week sees rahrah Petey and St.Russel gushing more and more and more - speaking of which ...

ran across this piece which alludes to Petey's desire to have a big bodied cat to chuck it to > click here, fam

the numbers thus far have been very good, considering the SeaHagz philosophy is as run heavy as it gets in modern professional tackle foosball. 

arrows pointing skyward, folks ... this kid's gonna make alotta noise going forward. 

PS- YES, SMALL SAMPLE SIZE, BUT NOTEWORTHY, NONETHELESS -

enjoy. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Anyone concerned for David Moore’s return from injury?

if Moore affects anyone's output i would expect it to be Lockett ... Metcalf brings a chops and size and speed package that those other 2 can't measure up to.

that being said, it's not an awfully big pie to slice up, so i dig your point in that respect, but DK fills a unique niche - if anything, Dissly's RZ presence hurts Metcalf moore than some ham n' egger WR.