The 7th Beatles

D. K. Metcalf 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

that he do ... perfect boom flex cat to plug in - bye week forced my hand, or, tbh, i was gonna cut him, also. 

i'll keep him around for "in case of emergency break glass" starts, but he'll be riding pine until then. 

very talented kid ... gonna be a beast for years to come - St.Russel is the perfect qb for him. 

🤞

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

🤞

Good plan to give him a side and a handful of routes he naturally excels at.   Boom flex is prob all we get this season but I’m excited for the future as a dynasty owner.  

Wilson looked for him on a late RZ fade too...    needs time and polish but he’s going to explode at some point 

[...]

No dissly and Russel having a career season could produce a nice Sunday. Anyone optimistic going forward?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I imagine humphrey will be on lockett even if he's in the slot. Should be a good day for DK

To address above, I do think he'll go off this week but it's tough to see Gordon not dinging his value a little bit. 

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

To address above, I do think he'll go off this week but it's tough to see Gordon not dinging his value a little bit. 

Not this week imo

They didn't claim Gordon to have him ride the pine. And he averaged more receiving yards per game when healthy than DK has this year, so not sure he's a "has been". 

There's just not a lot of targets to go around to start with. In their ideal game plan they would only throw it 25-30 times a game, and spreading that out with Lockett getting his share, and now add in JG too, pickings will be slim. 

DK likely ends up highly TD dependent. 

7 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

They didn't claim Gordon to have him ride the pine. And he averaged more receiving yards per game when healthy than DK has this year, so not sure he's a "has been". 

There's just not a lot of targets to go around to start with. In their ideal game plan they would only throw it 25-30 times a game, and spreading that out with Lockett getting his share, and now add in JG too, pickings will be slim. 

Running game will have some tough match ups ros, so I could see Wilson throwing more. Have Gordon, now allows teams to not double Lockett or DK, so could actually help him. Will definitely be interesting to see tho. Dude has massive upside & is having a solid rookie season!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Running game will have some tough match ups ros, so I could see Wilson throwing more. Have Gordon, now allows teams to not double Lockett or DK, so could actually help him. Will definitely be interesting to see tho. Dude has massive upside & is having a solid rookie season!

Didn't the Hawks also just lose their starting center for the season?

17 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Didn't the Hawks also just lose their starting center for the season?

Not sure. If so, you think it affects run game more than passing?

3 hours ago, scheibler said:

Not this week imo

Since Gordon isn't playing, yeah that's a safe bet :lol:

1 hour ago, handyandy86 said:

? Metcalf has been pretty TD dependent all year. Dissly being out helps, but he hasn't caught more than 4 yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bomont said:

Since Gordon isn't playing, yeah that's a safe bet :lol:

? Metcalf has been pretty TD dependent all year. Dissly being out helps, but he hasn't caught more than 4 yet.

Well he's going to become even more TD dependent than he already is. He's their big play threat, so he doesn't make a lot of catches, but what he does usually goes for good yardage. If half those deep targets go to JG, it's still a big loss. 

The knock on DK has been his poor route running, but given the team need for a deep threat and big body, he's still a big factor in the game plan. Now JG gives them that ability with plus route running. 

21 minutes ago, sSektor said:

His value is dead

not this week, next week looking bleak

• Like 1

2 hours ago, handyandy86 said:

Well he's going to become even more TD dependent than he already is. He's their big play threat, so he doesn't make a lot of catches, but what he does usually goes for good yardage. If half those deep targets go to JG, it's still a big loss. 

The knock on DK has been his poor route running, but given the team need for a deep threat and big body, he's still a big factor in the game plan. Now JG gives them that ability with plus route running. 

Ehh....we’ll see how it shakes out.  

27 other teams passed on J Gordon and his plus route running.   Even Carroll was non committal.  “We’ll take a look at him next week.”   Rumors out of NE hint at work ethic and study focus being an issue.   

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Rumors out of NE hint at work ethic and study focus being an issue.   

Rumors out of NE have also hinted at Brady and Bill hating eachother and the dynasty being dead since 2014. 

he WILL score this week! Wilson will make sure of this to keep DK's confidence going after getting Flash

26 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

You guys are actually worried about gordon ? He sucks 

“He sucks” seems harsh, though there does seem to be a significant disconnect between Josh Gordon the fantasy legend and Josh Gordon the present day middling NFL WR.

Us fantasy nerds can’t stop yearning for the Josh Gordon of the past. We refuse to believe that Flash Gordon is gone. Meanwhile, back in the real world, teams like the Patriots, and now the Seahawks, are simply taking a flier on a guy who can potentially make a few plays for them. At this point, Gordon is nothing more than a JAG veteran. I don’t think he really impacts Metcalf’s value at all tbh. If Metcalf has what it takes to be a stud WR in the NFL, the 2019 version of Josh Gordon isn’t going to stand in his way.  

• Like 3

This production is great and all but how fast can he run around some cones?

• Haha 4