dmb3684

Hunter Renfrow 2019 Outlook

Was hoping the Pats nabbed him but Oakland is one of the better landing spots IMO. Think he can be a sneaky good PPR player this year. 

Slightly more athletic Danny Amendola for Oakland.  Carr loves to throw short and with the departure at Cook they have nothing at TE.  I could see a scenario given health where Renfrow gets 100 targets on the season.

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

Slightly more athletic Danny Amendola for Oakland.  Carr loves to throw short and with the departure at Cook they have nothing at TE.  I could see a scenario given health where Renfrow gets 100 targets on the season.

Yes, except:

- Renfrow is 5'10. That's not really TE size

- last time a low round pick got 100 *targets (edit) as a rookie was Mike Williams in 2010.

I mean, there is such a scenario, but I'm not sure that's the most likely one.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Yes, except:

- Renfrow is 5'10. That's not really TE size

- last time a low round pick got 100 yards as a rookie was Mike Williams in 2010.

I mean, there is such a scenario, but I'm not sure that's the most likely one.

1) My mention of the TE was the idea that a slot WR would be competing against a TE for targets in the short area and middle of the field area.  Not saying Renfrow will play TE.

2) I assume you mean targets not yards?  Maybe 100 is a bit high but somewhere between 80-100 for their (assumed to be) starting slot WR is reasonable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fort4242 said:

I assume you mean targets not yards

Haha yes, slight brainfart there. Thanks, corrected it :)

5 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

He's essentially the same player as Humphries.

Edited by dmb3684

His walk off grand slam against the Dodgers was legendary.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

He's essentially the same player as Humphries.

Yes good comparison.  Humphries had 105 targets last year with (arguably) much more talent around him competing for targets. 

Granted, Tampa threw the ball about 75 times more than Oakland.

Edited by Fort4242

On 4/27/2019 at 2:24 PM, dmb3684 said:

Was hoping the Pats nabbed him but Oakland is one of the better landing spots IMO. Think he can be a sneaky good PPR player this year. 

Seth Roberts barely cracked 60 targets in this offense  and was fantasy irrelvant. carr fed the TE last year and made him their #1 pass catcher

I dont see how Carr makes an undersized slot wr fanatsy relevant with AB+tyrell on the outside+ jalen as the cop rb+ jaron brown + ryan grant and whomever else they add

Edited by dashoe

Definitely not a guy I will be targeting...at all, as I envision nothing more than career Cole Beasley potential/numbers (and that is IMHO a high end prediction.)

No thanks.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Seth Roberts barely cracked 60 targets in this offense  and was fantasy irrelvant. carr fed the TE last year and made him their #1 pass catcher

I dont see how Carr makes an undersized slot wr fanatsy relevant with AB+tyrell on the outside+ jalen as the cop rb+ jaron brown + ryan grant and whomever else they add

You might be right. Ill just drop him if that is the case. Late round flyer.

It will definitely be quite the story if he has a productive NFL career. There are a lot of negatives to him. He is undersized with small hands, but caught well in college. And he probably doesn't have the athletic talent to create separation. Perhaps he can make up for that with route running. Interesting follow, but I don't see much redraft value here even as a flyer.

19 minutes ago, devaster said:

It will definitely be quite the story if he has a productive NFL career. There are a lot of negatives to him. He is undersized with small hands, but caught well in college. And he probably doesn't have the athletic talent to create separation. Perhaps he can make up for that with route running. Interesting follow, but I don't see much redraft value here even as a flyer.

I never watched him in college, but this reads a lot like Kupps player eval when he came into the league. Any similarities?

1 hour ago, hoppychokes said:

I never watched him in college, but this reads a lot like Kupps player eval when he came into the league. Any similarities?

Isn't Kupp like 6'2" and athletic?

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Isn't Kupp like 6'2" and athletic?

Looking at the old thread, looks like it was just Boltup saying all those things (slow, undersized). Nvm, bad comparison carry on.

6 hours ago, devaster said:

He had a much better combine then expected. 

He's just made so many big catches in so many big games. I like his chances to have a long, solid career. That doesnt necessarily mean he will ever be fantasy relevant though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hubbell525 said:

This is the guy to own if AB misses time. Gonna be deep in his duffy.

Unless this offense dramatically improved, the guy to own without AB in there is Waller. 

Cook was the only startable player on this team last year. Even when cooper was there he was a boom or bust WR3 at best. 

I own Renfrow in a Dynasty--I think he becomes of fantasy value, when the Raiders select Trevor Lawrence in 2021. 

Edited by mpat15
  • Thanks 1

Definitely an interesting option if AB does indeed miss time

Eh I just can't grab him.

When they showed his physique in hard knocks. I was like...

Nah