dmb3684

Hunter Renfrow 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Renflow is rated as a 5.5 as a rookie.    Kupp was rated a 5.77.      Not far off at all.

 

I have yet to see anyone better on waivers.  I picked this guy up in a hurry.

 

Kupp grew up as a recognized next level receiver destined for the NFL. One of the most NFL ready prospects in years. When he loses a step he will still be a solid NFL WR because of the skills he's learned over the years. 

 

The only thing him and renfrow have in common are their skin color and sure hands. Renfrow was a mediocre college WR and doesn't have what it takes to succeed in the NFL, but was loved by everyone for his hard work. Only reason he's a raider. Gruden loves grinders, even if they don't have talent to become next level names. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sivaro said:

 

 

It means he is at about the same talent level as Kupp, according to the scouts.

That is how teams rate players for draft purposes.  Generally the scouts are pretty keen.    

 

False false false. I read tons of scouts. This is fake news unless you're googling the one dumb scout out there that things every white receiver is the next "Wes Welker" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

spacer.png

Looks like a Rotoworlder.

I just can’t. 

 

Putting Renfrow into my lineup like...

giphy.gif

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

 

Renfrow was a mediocre college WR and doesn't have what it takes to succeed in the NFL.

 

Nah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Kupp grew up as a recognized next level receiver destined for the NFL. One of the most NFL ready prospects in years. When he loses a step he will still be a solid NFL WR because of the skills he's learned over the years. 

 

The only thing him and renfrow have in common are their skin color and sure hands. Renfrow was a mediocre college WR and doesn't have what it takes to succeed in the NFL, but was loved by everyone for his hard work. Only reason he's a raider. Gruden loves grinders, even if they don't have talent to become next level names. 

 

Impressive rant. 

 

Renfrow is one of the hardest workers in the NFL probably.

 

Think it's pretty easy to walk on at Clemson and become 1 of their most reliable receivers? It isn't.

 

It's not like renfrow is a world beater, he isn't. Sometimes hard work and talent meets opportunity and that is what is happening here. AB just got released. That opens up at a minimum 150 targets, renfrow has vastly outplayed Ryan grant in the slot during training camp and we know how valuable a slot receiver can be for fantasy, especially with a QB like Carr.

 

Plenty of leagues play 2 flex spots or 3 WR and 2 flex so renfrow could be a sneaky flex play. 

 

I think it is obtuse to just dismiss a guy who has overachieved his entire career and appears to be in line for a special opportunity. It's worth picking up and seeing how the first couple weeks go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Impressive rant. 

 

Renfrow is one of the hardest workers in the NFL probably.

 

Think it's pretty easy to walk on at Clemson and become 1 of their most reliable receivers? It isn't.

 

It's not like renfrow is a world beater, he isn't. Sometimes hard work and talent meets opportunity and that is what is happening here. AB just got released. That opens up at a minimum 150 targets, renfrow has vastly outplayed Ryan grant in the slot during training camp and we know how valuable a slot receiver can be for fantasy, especially with a QB like Carr.

 

Plenty of leagues play 2 flex spots or 3 WR and 2 flex so renfrow could be a sneaky flex play. 

 

I think it is obtuse to just dismiss a guy who has overachieved his entire career and appears to be in line for a special opportunity. It's worth picking up and seeing how the first couple weeks go.

 

I mean, I hear what you're saying, and when you are on the detractor side of an argument where everyone's excited about a guy there's always gonna be push back and I get that.

 

He's a grinder.  He works hard.  He's got sure hands.  He's easy to coach.  He does everything he's told.  He plays with a coward QB in Derek Carr who rarely looks past 10 yards down the field.  There's a lot going in his favor.  If you're unsure of the guys at the end of your bench, this guy is worth gambling on because of his, like you said... OPPORTUNITY.

 

I just think it takes opportunity + skill to succeed at this level.

 

It's hard to hate on a guy that everyone likes, who was a captain on the only team that's been able to dethrone the Bama dynasty in what feels like the past decade.  And if you saw those games, which I KNOW you did, then you saw a Bama killer first hand in those huge games.  But I STILL gotta throw shade at his skill.

 

He hit 7 bench presses at the combine.  He doesn't have the strength for great push offs or being a strong blocker, which will likely hurt his total snap count.  He played with some exceptional college QBs who were putting up video game numbers and his best season had him at 600 yards.  His first step is slow, his film showed that and his cone drills reinforced this.  I don't think he's gonna create separation at this level of football.  He's slow, if his QB can get the ball in the tight windows (which Carr doesn't strike me as great at that), he can make the catch, but I expect almost nothing afterwards.

 

BUT, he does have a lot of Jason Witten in his game.  I was always shocked at how Witten managed to always be such an accomplished receiver year after year, but it stemmed from his football intelligence.  He always knew the soft spot in zone defenses and would get there, sit down, turn around, make the catch, and never drop the ball.  That said... Jason Witten was huge and was guarded by LBs... Renfrow is small and will be guarded by fast AF slot corners.  

 

Best case scenario I can envision (if he stays healthy) is something like 45-50 / 500-575 / 3-5.  Those stats are worthless for my team unless I can accurately predict the TD games, which no one can.  I get the love, but at the end of my bench I'm gambling on guys like the Marquise / Marqise boys... for better or worse.  Good luck to yall Renfrow guys tho.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renfrow is going to 100% ball out tonight. I've been wrong about everything so far. 

 

If you want to win your leagues, go against everything I believe and grab Renfrow IMMEDIATELY if it's not already too late. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, potatoetree said:

He's the Alex Caruso of the NFL. He's going to be decent...i hope

Lol this is not inspiring

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JJ Nelson out. Teams have to start doubling Waller. I like him as a cheap DFS play today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renfrow’s a damn beast..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suddenly seems relevant.  This guy looked so unbelievably soft early in the season that I can't believe he has been balling out lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Suddenly seems relevant.  This guy looked so unbelievably soft early in the season that I can't believe he has been balling out lately.

there used to be a time where rookie WR's didnt come in and tear it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any reason to not pick up Hunter if he's on the wire? Should we worry about Zay Jones snaking more reps as he catches on with the team?

Edited by Jags02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jags02 said:

Would you say he's taker over for Tyrell Williams as the top fantasy WR on the Raiders?

 

Good grief, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone actually starting him this week? Thursday night against a team that just shut down Rodgers and the packers?  Seems iffy at best....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Raiders throw the ball at the 4th lowest rate. Renfrow is the the 3rd passing option on this offense at best (behind Williams, Waller). 

I'm a Raiders fan and really hype him up going into the season but, this offense just don't throw enough for me to start Renfrow. You got to have better options else where.

 

Also to note Renfrow plays about 52% of snaps this season. Zay Jones snap count have increase since being active. Jones played 92% snap vs DET last week

Edited by Toomuchsauce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, herschel said:

Anyone actually starting him this week? Thursday night against a team that just shut down Rodgers and the packers?  Seems iffy at best....

 

Division games are a whole different beast. This game have the 3rd highest O/U this week at 49. The Raiders defense can't stop anyone. Carr is playing better than his MVP caliber season. This could turn into a shootout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, herschel said:

Anyone actually starting him this week? Thursday night against a team that just shut down Rodgers and the packers?  Seems iffy at best....

Starting him without confidence. Literally all my staple WRs are on bye, so I have no choice. I'm sure others are in a similar boat too. Just praying he maybe gets a random td at this point. Fully expecting to rage drop this bald headed fugger on Tuesday. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.