joebaker23

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

Just now, whips02 said:

Let’s see how he looks getting hit on that shoulder or tackled

I doubt they rush him back unless he’s 100%.

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

Not good for Mecole moving forward....

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, herschel said:

I doubt they rush him back unless he’s 100%.

I saw Hill warming up, he looks explosive.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, whips02 said:

Let’s see how he looks getting hit on that shoulder or tackled

They have to tackle him first. 😎

giphy.gif

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mjb said:

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Tyreek Hill (collarbone) could return in two weeks.

Hill has made steady progress in his recovery from a broken collarbone and will undergo imaging tests this week to determine when he can resume playing. A Week 6 return would seem to be a distinct possibility, though Schefter insists the Chiefs will "not rush" their star deep threat. Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson have both shined in Hill's absence.

I personally thought Hill looks like he'll come back next week. Good to know though.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mjb said:

Ya he looks explosive. It's not like the dude tore a hamstring.. He broke his collarbone. He shouldn't lose any quickness or speed he remains the same. Just enjoy Hardman while we have the remaining time. 

• Like 2

I have stated this a few pages back, but it is Robinson and not Mecole that is running most of Hill's old routes. I think Hardman has a weekly role no matter the status of Hill.

• Thanks 2

With the way Tyreek looked in warmups, I don't see any way you keep this guy on your roster after that showing unless you plan on starting him next week. And you'd have to be pretty desperate to start him.

Dropsville.  Not even mad cuz the rest of my roster was about as pathetic.  But yeah you can’t start a dude with a floor this low.  

10 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

With the way Tyreek looked in warmups, I don't see any way you keep this guy on your roster after that showing unless you plan on starting him next week. And you'd have to be pretty desperate to start him.

He gone for me

Not me. Sorry, but I wasn't drinking the cool aid. Yeah, he's really fast, and Mahomes has a cannon for an arm. I get it. But, the target/volume just didn't support starting him. if you did the past couple of weeks, congrats you got some good will from the fantasy gods. Moving forward, you're playing FF Russian Roulette.  

This was an awful game for every chiefs pass catcher. I think its an overreaction to straight up drop this guy. Most weeks you will want as many chiefs as you can get. Mahomes throwing 0 tds will not be a trend. Mecole only needs 1 catch to give you flex value weekly, i will continue to roll him out in weeks where i am projected to lose to my opponent by a large margin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

This was an awful game for every chiefs pass catcher. I think its an overreaction to straight up drop this guy. Most weeks you will want as many chiefs as you can get. Mahomes throwing 0 tds will not be a trend. Mecole only needs 1 catch to give you flex value weekly, i will continue to roll him out in weeks where i am projected to lose to my opponent by a large margin.

Ehhh, is that really true though? I think a lot of people hoping for 1 68-yard TD catch got burned this week. Again, I think you need to evaluate if you're starting him next week. If not, he's dead weight, because Hill is going to eat most / all of his fantasy viability.

I can't remember the last time I had a non-DST player go negative.  This guy nearly pulled it off, ending at 0.9 in PPR.  Pretty ugly.  And, yes, I think he's Drop City.  Will you ever feel like starting him again?  

Of all people, Darrel Williams killed this dude. He’s taking those 4-5 receiving catches away from Mecole the past two games

It's a fine line with this guy. If you don't have Tyreek and/or have good depth at WR, dropping is a viable option. But anybdoy should've known that he is a boom-or-bust flex and I think nobody in this thread has argued otherwise so far. That said, give me the boom-or-bust WR on the best offense in the league over boom-or-bust players on average offenses. The Lions play great coverage down the field, Patricia has learned it with the Pats. So Hardman couldn't shake free. If I'm weak at WR in a standard league and expected to lose, I wouldn't sit him next week just to punish him for this horrible dud.

• Like 1

KC will put around 50 points at home next week vs the Colts vanilla defense. I would not say this is the best week to drop him.

5 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Of all people, Darrel Williams killed this dude. He’s taking those 4-5 receiving catches away from Mecole the past two games

Mecole and Darrel don’t compete for the same targets.   Mahomes just wasn’t vintage Mahomes yesterday-  which will happen time to time.   We’ve gotten so spoiled seeing him throw up 4+ tds and 400 yards weekly.  

All the credit in the world to the Lions D.   Very impressive  

• Like 2