Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spundin

Neftali Feliz

With Eric Hurley out for the season, Where does Feliz fall in the list of posable 4th or 5th starter. Also whats up w/ Matt Harrison i picked him up in my league they say he has a good amout of promise. Any thoughts on Feliz and Harrison. Thanks.

P.S. This is my first post on the forum. I've been reading them for a week and decided to sign up and add my 2 cents for whatever its worth. Once again your thoughts are appreciated.

With Eric Hurley out for the season, Where does Feliz fall in the list of posable 4th or 5th starter. Also whats up w/ Matt Harrison i picked him up in my league they say he has a good amout of promise. Any thoughts on Feliz and Harrison. Thanks.

P.S. This is my first post on the forum. I've been reading them for a week and decided to sign up and add my 2 cents for whatever its worth. Once again your thoughts are appreciated.

I could see Feliz getting some time in the bigs this year...he was simply THAT impressive in 2008. He's getting an invite to big league camp in the Spring, and while he probably won't start 2009 in the bigs, I think he's in for a midseason/September call up if all goes according to plan. I'm very excited to see this kid's development this year and in the future.

Hidden

Welcome to the forums dude!

As for Harrison I think he could be a surprise next year. When he was on, he was really good, as evidenced by his 2.78 ERA & 1.20 WHIP in his 9 wins. However, when he was off, he was real bad, with a 13.03 ERA & 2.68 WHIP. The Ks aren't gonna be great but you can't complain given how late he'll be drafted, if at all.

If he can cut out the Jekyll and Hyde act and gain a bit more consistency then he could be a nice endgame/WW pickup, and is definitely worth monitoring in ST.

Read Eric Stashin's full article on him here http://rotoprofessor.com/baseball/?p=1357

Thanks, glad to be on here. it takes up plenty of time at work

anyway i dropped matt harrison and clayton richard for Nick Adenhart and Dustin Moseley just for the fact the angels are a good team and Adenhart is a good young prospect and Harrison pitching in arlington, i just felt i could go ahead w/o him, but i'll see who wins that 5th spot and drop the other.

Also....How does this work i know this forum is for Feliz now we should try to keep from straying away from the topic of "Feliz" rigth? If i want to talk about my team and the add/drops i should be on a different forum?

Also....How does this work i know this forum is for Feliz now we should try to keep from straying away from the topic of "Feliz" rigth? If i want to talk about my team and the add/drops i should be on a different forum?

Yes, this is the "Minor Leagues" section of the Fantasy Baseball forum, and it's strictly for minor league discussion.

If you want to talk about adds/drops, you'll want to go to "Bench Coach Help Forum" and post there.

Thanks, glad to be on here. it takes up plenty of time at work

anyway i dropped matt harrison and clayton richard for Nick Adenhart and Dustin Moseley just for the fact the angels are a good team and Adenhart is a good young prospect and Harrison pitching in arlington, i just felt i could go ahead w/o him, but i'll see who wins that 5th spot and drop the other.

Ok sounds good, but i was asking peoples opinions about my add/drops which deal w/ minor leaguers so i guess that would fall on this forum.

CBS has new on feliz saying he is hitting 102 on the gun and thats not whats impressing them, its how smooth and relaxed his delivery is and how hes able to hit 102. I havn't seen him pitch but i'm pitcuring something like marianos delivery except the fact that hes from the stretch. Joba has a pretty smooth delivery and he gets it up there. I can't wait to see this kid pitch.

Ok sounds good, but i was asking peoples opinions about my add/drops which deal w/ minor leaguers so i guess that would fall on this forum.

Since Matt Harrison (or Dustin Moseley) is no longer a MILB player, but an active MLB player, we refer those discussions to BC on matters of add/drop that involve active roster players. Minor league keeper decisions are OK here - but smk is correct, it has to be strictly about MILB here - you'll notice all the replies up are about Feliz and other MILB players, once you start involving MLB players it should go to BC.

In other words, you'll get lots of help about Neftali Feliz, but not about Matt Harrison or Dustin Moseley. If you were to ask which guy we liked between two MILB guys, it would stay here, but not if it's a MLB/MILB player question.

Hope that helps.

(And yes, Feliz is a stud, but like the others mentioned, he probably needs 1 more season in the minors - could be a late season to September callup, however, and potential-wise, he's unmatched - it's only a question of how much the Arlington effect scares you, because talent-wise, he's up there with anyone in the MILB system).

Since Matt Harrison (or Dustin Moseley) is no longer a MILB player, but an active MLB player, we refer those discussions to BC on matters of add/drop that involve active roster players. Minor league keeper decisions are OK here - but smk is correct, it has to be strictly about MILB here - you'll notice all the replies up are about Feliz and other MILB players, once you start involving MLB players it should go to BC.

In other words, you'll get lots of help about Neftali Feliz, but not about Matt Harrison or Dustin Moseley. If you were to ask which guy we liked between two MILB guys, it would stay here, but not if it's a MLB/MILB player question.

Hope that helps.

(And yes, Feliz is a stud, but like the others mentioned, he probably needs 1 more season in the minors - could be a late season to September callup, however, and potential-wise, he's unmatched - it's only a question of how much the Arlington effect scares you, because talent-wise, he's up there with anyone in the MILB system).

Ok great thanks for the instructions. When i was reading i saw how everyone got when people would post on the wrong forum so i wanted to clear that up as soon as i started.

Not to mess up the format, but Feliz will miss tonight's start because of minor shoulder soreness.

Feliz is back baby!

5IP/1-Hit/1-ER/1-BB/7-K

The one walk is the key stat, I think he is going to go on a big time run now.

Feliz is back baby!

5IP/1-Hit/1-ER/1-BB/7-K

The one walk is the key stat, I think he is going to go on a big time run now.

SWEET

I really hope so... that would be really nice to see!

Neftali Feliz had his second consecutive strong outing, allowing four singles and one walk in six innings, with four strikeouts.

Let's not soon forget about this stud.

Last two outings have been encouraging (11IP / 5H / 11K / 2BB). Anyone actually see him pitch? Has he really changed anything from the first month of the season? Was it just a slow start?

Last two outings have been encouraging (11IP / 5H / 11K / 2BB). Anyone actually see him pitch? Has he really changed anything from the first month of the season? Was it just a slow start?

Could have been that coupled with the sore shoulder, nevertheless Feliz is back and people need to take notice once again, he is a stud.

This is from Sportsline:

Neftali Feliz, SP TEX

News: Rangers prospect Neftali Feliz has allowed 25 earned runs in 55 2/3 innings this season with Triple-A Oklahoma City, giving him a 4.04 ERA through 12 starts.

Analysis: Feliz is pitching in a controlled environment in Triple-A. He is a solid young prospect who is still likely another year or two away from making any Fantasy noise. Stash him in long-term keeper leagues and possibly some AL-only leagues as well for now.

This does not address how Feliz has pitched as of late........

This is from Sportsline:

Neftali Feliz, SP TEX

News: Rangers prospect Neftali Feliz has allowed 25 earned runs in 55 2/3 innings this season with Triple-A Oklahoma City, giving him a 4.04 ERA through 12 starts.

Analysis: Feliz is pitching in a controlled environment in Triple-A. He is a solid young prospect who is still likely another year or two away from making any Fantasy noise. Stash him in long-term keeper leagues and possibly some AL-only leagues as well for now.

This does not address how Feliz has pitched as of late........

He hasn't pitched any better as of late... He has given up 4 ERs in both of his last two starts.... Only 1 walk in 11.33 IP's though which is a solid improvement for him.

Tonight; 5-IP/7-Hits/1-ER/1-BB/7-K's

Last 4-starts; 22 1/3 IP and a 2/16 BB/K (ratio)

Two previous starts he walked 3 & 4 batters and the two previous before that only 1-walk in each of those starts. He is starting to become more consistent and throwing more strikes.

Rangers pitching prospect Neftali Feliz has been moved to the Triple-A Oklahoma City bullpen.

If Feliz fares well in relief he could be added to the major league roster in a matter of weeks. "We'd like to see if he's an option to help the Major League club in that role," general manager Jon Daniels said. "He's scheduled to throw an inning there tomorrow. We still feel he may start for us in the future but we're going down that road first." Feliz is 3-5 with a 3.86 ERA in 13 starts this season. (RotoWorld)

I hope they don't screw this kid up by switching him back and forth between starting and relieving

If this is to both limit his IP and get him into the majors for better competition. I'm all for this. However, at the same time, Feliz needs to work on control, and I don't know if working relief will be a good thing for that. I just hope this is similar to what TEX did with Holland, as it hasn't screwed him up.

Still, Feliz = #1 starter upside. you can't commit him to the bullpen long-term no matter how good he is there...

If this is to both limit his IP and get him into the majors for better competition. I'm all for this. However, at the same time, Feliz needs to work on control, and I don't know if working relief will be a good thing for that. I just hope this is similar to what TEX did with Holland, as it hasn't screwed him up.

Still, Feliz = #1 starter upside. you can't commit him to the bullpen long-term no matter how good he is there...

Posted this on the last page;

Last 4-starts; 22 1/3 IP and a 2/16 BB/K (ratio)

Two previous starts he walked 3 & 4 batters and the two previous before these two starts only 1-walk in each of those starts. He is starting to become more consistent and throwing more strikes.

Those BB's look really good. I knew they were going down, but I didn't realize how far he's come. If he's showing this much progress, then I really like the move. It gives TEX another bullpen arm and gets Feliz into an environment that he's challenged.

I also have faith that TEX won't NYY or SEA this and try to make him stay in the bullpen long-term. Morrow & all this talk of Joba to the bullpen is nonsense to me.