DerrickHenrysCleats

Damien Harris 2019 Outlook

Pats fan here. They have too much RB depth for him to get playing time. Michel is tough that’s why he is the main ball carrier. Burkhead creates matchup issues for the defenses bc he can either run the ball or catch the ball off the backfield. And we all know how much Brady/ Bill love White, no explanation needed there. And bolden has been with the team for a a few years, he’s great special team player 

7 hours ago, Bandito said:

Can't say that I've followed the Pats that closely, but I'm guessing he's not good enough to crack the top three, and can't play special teams.  Hence, Brandon Bolden.

Makes sense. Just surprised they would use a 3rd round pick on a guy that wasn't good enough to play. Especially considering the relationship Hoddie has with Saban. You would think they had a convo or 2 about the player pre-draft 

18 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Makes sense. Just surprised they would use a 3rd round pick on a guy that wasn't good enough to play. Especially considering the relationship Hoddie has with Saban. You would think they had a convo or 2 about the player pre-draft 

They drafted him because they won't keep Burkhead next year. BB thinks 1 year in advance

BB is all about cheap controllable guy and not keeping and overpaying guys.

• Thanks 1

I picked him up as a speculative stash. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

19 minutes ago, ree10 said:

I picked him up as a speculative stash. [...]

Been holding him in a really deep league hoping for some sort of production. I went against my iron will of never drafting a Pats RB. This is the last year. Pats RBs are just frustrating as all get out to own. 

1 hour ago, TTRA1N said:

Burkhead ruled out. Might get a carry or 2 if/when game gets out of hand.

Or he might impress with a carry or two on the first drive, stay in the game, go 24/140/2 and be the new starting RB in week 6. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Or he might impress with a carry or two on the first drive, stay in the game, go 24/140/2 and be the new starting RB in week 6. 

You never know with Hoodie.

11 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Jonas Gray??

29 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I picked him up soon as I heard the burk news so hopefully 🙏🏽

28 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

get cut in week 6.....image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-s3.si.com%2Fs3fs-public%2F2014%2F11%2F18%2Fgray2.jpg&w=1000&q=70

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

23 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

You never know with Hoodie.

boom!

dunno, man ... this has "Hoodie special!" written all over it. 

injury riddled offense, most anemic rb in the leeg (Sony has bottom level metrics across the board), etc

Bulkhead is a freakin' spazz out there, but the cat just can't stay healthy - i think he's prolly Hoodie's favorite, but the injury shtick is confirmed every year. 

ok, so trot out the kid Harris ... pull a Jonas Gray, but just make sure not to be late for meetings next week, aaaaaaaaaand VOILA!  we have the ww scoop of the year (Dizzles, F1, Wallerus in the lead atm).

do y'all need to be introduced to Hoodie?  have we not learned anything lo over his storied tenure?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

boom!

dunno, man ... this has "Hoodie special!" written all over it. 

injury riddled offense, most anemic rb in the leeg (Sony has bottom level metrics across the board), etc

Bulkhead is a freakin' spazz out there, but the cat just can't stay healthy - i think he's prolly Hoodie's favorite, but the injury shtick is confirmed every year. 

ok, so trot out the kid Harris ... pull a Jonas Gray, but just make sure not to be late for meetings next week, aaaaaaaaaand VOILA!  we have the ww scoop of the year (Dizzles, F1, Wallerus in the lead atm).

do y'all need to be introduced to Hoodie?  have we not learned anything lo over his storied tenure?

Yeah dude, I HATE drafting Pats RBs. I mean, he ressurected Bolden from the dead last week ( was he ever alive really?). I drafted Harris because he was a stud on a college team full of them. Stranger things have happened and love the Jonas Gray point. I saw both Michel and Harris in college and I liked Harris a bit more. He ran with authority and had a good YPC for his career. Plus he is a Kentucky boy so I may be a bit biased.

• Thanks 1

I grabbing him in a deep bench league, Sony is terrible zero broken tackles, 2.4 yards per carry, no targets its bad..... If Harris gets 5-10 carries they will never go back to Sony.

Even if Harris blows up are they gonna bench Michel? Doubt it..

White is still gonna play no matter what.

43 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Sony’s health is a question.

50 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Belichick seems like the kind of coach to keep playing an ineffective player...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Belichick seems like the kind of coach to keep playing an ineffective player...

Maybe, no one can really say Harris would do better either.

Michel was one of the best RBs in college, he actually had a better average than Chubb did per carry(they played together in case you didn't know).

Patriots don't use a workhorse RB unless your name is Corey Dillon.

1 hour ago, Jean_Elway said:

I think he's worth a stash if you have room.

Don't exactly have room.  But have ZERO RB depth, so....🙏

Helps that he's active obviously but a Michel injury is where this really gets interesting. He doesn't play the same role Burkhead does, so I'd just expect a bigger game from White. 

11 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Helps that he's active obviously but a Michel injury is where this really gets interesting. He doesn't play the same role Burkhead does, so I'd just expect a bigger game from White. 

And what is Burkhead’s role that can’t be replaced?

1 hour ago, Jean_Elway said:

And what is Burkhead’s role that can’t be replaced?

Seems to be a versatile player in that he can fill the Michel or White role reasonably well. Also seems very familiar with the system, reliable in pass pro. Damien's shot at fantasy relevance this year is taking Michel's spot, not Burkhead's.