Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, Goatstain3 said:

Generational talent?

Image result for christian bale gifs

Yeah but whats his SPARQ score? Bet its higher than Christine Michael?

• Haha 1

Jacobs a generational talent?  The complementary piece to the great Damien Harris and Bo Scarbrough?

Edited by Chardo

9 hours ago, Brye said:

For sure how about after week 2 ? Jacobs is a generational talent , watch and see I feel bad for all the people that passed on him I got him as top 10 Rb this year, Doug Martin and marshawn Lynch our up serviceable numbers for fantasy in 12 team leagues now Jacobs the ONLY back on raiders others are irrelevant, and they have Antonio brown and a big time Sleeper TE In Darren Waller and Tyrell Williams another new comer , that’s a top 3 WR, arguably a top 10 TE that is an absolute beast as a blocker, and a very nice deep threat in tyrell Williams, add in the best RB in the draft and this offense is dynamite and Jacobs will not be going against stacked boxes and will have plenty of end zone opportunities but yeah shall be a fun season

This is the biggest homer post I've ever seen on Rotoworld.

Congratulations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

You're never going to get Montgomery as your 3rd back unless you go rb-rb-rb to start.  He's being drafted as a mid range rb2 now.

You can go RB RB REC and get him in the 4th sometimes. 

If I picked Montgomery early and later took James White I might start White weak one until I saw what was up with Montgomery.

I took Sanders with the hopes he will develop as my number 2. In the meantime I will start James White.

Edited by mongidig

I love Montgomery but don't be shocked if you see Mike Davis starting week one. Royce Freeman was getting tons of hype this time last year. You just never know how a rookie is gonna be used. Obviously Nick Chubb should have been thrown in there far earlier than he was last year. Coaches need a certain comfort level before it's all systems go for their Rookie RB. Sometimes Coaches are irrational. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who's playing him week 1? Torn between him and James White but think i'll go Montgomery here.

28 minutes ago, SpionKop said:

Who's playing him week 1? Torn between him and James White but think i'll go Montgomery here.

Unless Bears will announce he is benched.  Why did you pick him in the 4th round if you will not play him?

1 hour ago, mongidig said:

I love Montgomery but don't be shocked if you see Mike Davis starting week one. Royce Freeman was getting tons of hype this time last year. You just never know how a rookie is gonna be used. Obviously Nick Chubb should have been thrown in there far earlier than he was last year. Coaches need a certain comfort level before it's all systems go for their Rookie RB. Sometimes Coaches are irrational. 

All indications are the coaches already have that comfort level. 

1 hour ago, mongidig said:

Royce Freeman was the starter on opening day.  Mike Davis is a stiff.  This has been covered before.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Royce Freeman was the starter on opening day.  Mike Davis is a stiff.  This has been covered before.

I think Mike Davis is underrated. Montgomery will clearly end up the man,  but it's a question of when. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mongidig said:

I think Mike Davis is underrated. Montgomery will clearly end up the man,  but it's a question of when. 

I think we're on the same page with Monty.  As for Davis, I posted this before:

Mike Davis is a guy with 4 years in the league.  Cut by the first team after 2 years, then his second team let him walk.  He averaged 2.85 ypc his first 3 years.  Then "exploded" for 4.6 last year.  But look under the hood.  He had 25% of his carries and 28% of his yards in two games against Arizona, one of the worst run defenses in ages.  And a season-long 37 yard run against the Rams, in third down prevent defense.  Take out that run and the AZ games, and Davis averaged exactly 4 ypc.  There's a reason the most run-heavy team in the league didn't keep him.  They know he's JAG, easily replaceable.  

Davis is strictly a backup.  No threat to Monty.  He will have some games without a single touch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fantasy analyst community on Montgomery as a bellcow RB1 after Thursday night...

forrest-gump.gif

The time to jump into the car is now, fellas

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

The fantasy analyst community on Montgomery as a bellcow RB1 after Thursday night...

forrest-gump.gif

The time to jump into the car is now, fellas

Lmao 😂 you guys are way too funny

32 minutes ago, Chardo said:

I think we're on the same page with Monty.  As for Davis, I posted this before:

Mike Davis is a guy with 4 years in the league.  Cut by the first team after 2 years, then his second team let him walk.  He averaged 2.85 ypc his first 3 years.  Then "exploded" for 4.6 last year.  But look under the hood.  He had 25% of his carries and 28% of his yards in two games against Arizona, one of the worst run defenses in ages.  And a season-long 37 yard run against the Rams, in third down prevent defense.  Take out that run and the AZ games, and Davis averaged exactly 4 ypc.  There's a reason the most run-heavy team in the league didn't keep him.  They know he's JAG, easily replaceable.  

Davis is strictly a backup.  No threat to Monty.  He will have some games without a single touch. 

I don't think Davis is a long term threat to Montgomery. I think early on he may be annoying to Montgomery owners. I've seen it too many times where coaches overthink easing in their rookie back. Carlos Hyde shouldn't have been a threat to Chubbs playing time but he was.

54 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Mike Davis is not underrated. At all. 

11 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Mike Davis is not underrated. At all. 

There's going to be a lot of upset people on Thursday. 4th round value lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Brye said:

For sure how about after week 2 ? Jacobs is a generational talent , watch and see I feel bad for all the people that passed on him I got him as top 10 Rb this year, Doug Martin and marshawn Lynch our up serviceable numbers for fantasy in 12 team leagues now Jacobs the ONLY back on raiders others are irrelevant, and they have Antonio brown and a big time Sleeper TE In Darren Waller and Tyrell Williams another new comer , that’s a top 3 WR, arguably a top 10 TE that is an absolute beast as a blocker, and a very nice deep threat in tyrell Williams, add in the best RB in the draft and this offense is dynamite and Jacobs will not be going against stacked boxes and will have plenty of end zone opportunities but yeah shall be a fun season

Do you know what a period is?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

😂😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😭😭

44 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I think she does

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, mongidig said:

You can go RB RB REC and get him in the 4th sometimes. 

If I picked Montgomery early and later took James White I might start White weak one until I saw what was up with Montgomery.

I took Sanders with the hopes he will develop as my number 2. In the meantime I will start James White.

i just landed him in 4th

Edited by KilloWertz
Removed CSB portion
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tcyc79 said:

i just landed him in 4th

Not bad at all

I reached on Montgomery at the end of the 2nd in my snake draft and overpaid ($24) for him in my auction. He was my top RB prospect this summer, and his tape during the preseason backed it up. I think he’s going to be an absolute stud playing in Nagy’s offense this season.

• Like 1

Are yall starting him week 1?

How much confidence do we have that Nagy won't be dumb and keep running Mike Davis. I hate Nagy I don't trust what he says.

I want to start DM but if have to see what moronic moves Nagy will be up to first.