Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, urbank07 said:

Monty about to feast. Have to imagine the bears staff is chomping at the bit to show off their shiny new to everyone. 

Cordarrelle Patterson?

.

.

.

(ducks)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope this thread was right about this guy. 

 

I had my eyes on much different RB's but things shook out this way to bring me aboard this guy's train. 

 

I've been a big skeptic on his skillet and this situation. Fingers crossed that I was completely wrong and you broken tackle Stat people were correct. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Really hope this thread was right about this guy. 

 

I had my eyes on much different RB's but things shook out this way to bring me aboard this guy's train. 

 

I've been a big skeptic on his skillet and this situation. Fingers crossed that I was completely wrong and you broken tackle Stat people were correct. 

 

Same boat, he went from not being on my draft board to potentially starting him on 2 teams tomorrow.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Is this a Wisconsin league? That is a steal for Montgomery!

 

The one problem I face with this guy is that he runs hard and may get injured sooner rather than later.

Runs hard? I don't think he's the next Marion Barber. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, awwufelloff said:

Someone just dropped in my 14 team $100 league for Mike Davis. I have the #1 waiver and am hurting at RB.


Perfect person to burn your #1 Waiver on. 

Get him and don't look back!

*knocks on wood*

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, awwufelloff said:

Someone just dropped in my 14 team $100 league for Mike Davis. I have the #1 waiver and am hurting at RB.

Let me know if you have any open spots next year.

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Runs hard? I don't think he's the next Marion Barber. 

“He runs hard. He runs really, really hard,” Nagy said. “He runs violent. He’s angry when he runs, and he’s tough to bring down with that first defender, so we like that. And you can see what he can do in the pass game as well – made some nice catches and runs after the catch.

Just by what im hearing in camp/sports radio. he goes 100%

Sorry about the weird font, it happens when i copy/paste quotes.

Edited by bhawks489
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, montgrove said:

Mike Davis? What the hell

Yeah I dont think that was a good move at all. Davis is more the backup to montgomery. Cohen will get his receptions/80 rushes and davis the rest. I bet Monty will be on the same path as Kerryon Johnson his rookie year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I've been a big skeptic on his skillet and this situation. Fingers crossed that I was completely wrong and you broken tackle Stat people were correct. 

 

3ag4Th6.jpg

 

GfZxHPL.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

“He runs hard. He runs really, really hard,” Nagy said. “He runs violent. He’s angry when he runs, and he’s tough to bring down with that first defender, so we like that. And you can see what he can do in the pass game as well – made some nice catches and runs after the catch.

Just by what im hearing in camp/sports radio. he goes 100%

Sorry about the weird font, it happens when i copy/paste quotes.

I get what you are saying. Guys who run like that are susceptible to injury/wearing down. Hope not though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Save your #1. 

Wait until this guy drops Kamara or  Beckham.


ROFL

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Dude has TY Hilton over Keenan and AB?  James Conner 20th ranked rb?  Todd Gurley 24th rb?  Seems credible.

Most of his rankings are pretty solid. Hilton and Brown seem in the right neighborhood. I agree Allen seems low, but he has Hunter Henry and Mike Williams pretty high, so that could be why. With Conner, he has Samuels in this top 35. Tells me he sees that backfield being split. You can disagree, but it's a valid opinion. Gurley obviously has the knee concerns.

Literally, any ranking can be picked apart. Just think it's notable that a fantasy "expert" (I know...) has Monty in the top 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, awwufelloff said:

Someone just dropped in my 14 team $100 league for Mike Davis. I have the #1 waiver and am hurting at RB.

Is that person 14 years old?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Most of his rankings are pretty solid. Hilton and Brown seem in the right neighborhood. I agree Allen seems low, but he has Hunter Henry and Mike Williams pretty high, so that could be why. With Conner, he has Samuels in this top 35. Tells me he sees that backfield being split. You can disagree, but it's a valid opinion. Gurley obviously has the knee concerns.

Literally, any ranking can be picked apart. Just think it's notable that a fantasy "expert" (I know...) has Monty in the top 10.

No idea how you could rank Montgomery in top 10 RB’s. He’s  a rookie who has to deal with Cohen and Mike Davis for touches. No one knows what Nagy might be thinking. Can’t compare to Kareem Hunt, as KC offense is so much more potent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoked to have this guy in 2 of my 3 leagues.

Only reason I didn’t get him in the 3rd league is because someone nabbed him at Pick 26 before it came back to me.

Legit 250-1,200-8 // 40-375-2 upside in my eyes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Really hope this thread was right about this guy. 

 

I had my eyes on much different RB's but things shook out this way to bring me aboard this guy's train. 

 

I've been a big skeptic on his skillet and this situation. Fingers crossed that I was completely wrong and you broken tackle Stat people were correct. 

 

Same here man. I’ve noticed he has a lot of hype outside of fantasy football though too, so I’m hoping the hype is real. People just can’t seem to wait to see him play. Maybe it’s like that for most rookies, but it sure seems different for DMont.

Huge DMont shout out in the NFL’s Week 1 game preview below. I know this is marketing for the game, but again just sounds like a different outlook/preview than for your typical 3rd round rookie.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Yeah I dont think that was a good move at all. Davis is more the backup to montgomery. Cohen will get his receptions/80 rushes and davis the rest. I bet Monty will be on the same path as Kerryon Johnson his rookie year.

 

5 hours ago, montgrove said:

I think Monty is more like hints rookie year.

 

Yea KJ’s rookie year would be a huge let down (injury aside). Took KJ quite a while to get significant time in games, and we expected that going into the year. I think the expectation for Miles Sanders is closer to what it was for KJ.

DMont is being drafted much closer to the expectation of Hunt’s rookie year than KJ’s rookie year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, montgrove said:

Mike Davis? What the hell

Yes, he’s a thing, brought in to do the heavy lifting. Then the draft happens, Bears trade up to draft Montgomery. All three are going to get touches, but we’ll see what Nagy decides, which is a scary thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.