Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

Oh man after the nightmare of owning Howard last season, here I am in the 4th round buying into the hype, Chicago trading up to get him, and I took Montgomery...I deserve the suffering

The facts are that the Bears are a team that won 12 games, won the division and lost a wild card game to that unfortunate kick. So as much as we hated Nagy in this forum last season saying he's bad, he doesnt use Howard from the 1yd etc. , the fact is he did well  IRL with that playcalling of his, nobody cares about Howard usage besides fantasy. Is Trubisky a good QB? No he's Blake Bortles basically, but like Bortles who made the AFC championship 2 years ago, Trubisky can make the NFC championship because him and Nagy they have the best defense in the league.

So as long as the defense carries these bums to division titles, Nagy will not change a thing. Yeah he lost against GB but next game they're playing Denver, defense probably will hold them to under 7 points, so Nagy will be free to satisfy his ego as a 'creative mastermind'. Shame on me for believing that having a defense like that will make Nagy turn to a power football style of play.

What's worse than Trubisky passing 50 times is that now we have Mike Davis of all people vulturing carries. To be honest I don't even know if Montgomery is that special talent people were talking about and with 6 touches we will never know.

I know it's only one game but this is a deja vu for me and honestly I don't see Chicago changing the way they play as long as they're winning and Montgomery performing according to his adp. I hope that I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bennie905 said:

Oh man after the nightmare of owning Howard last season, here I am in the 4th round buying into the hype, Chicago trading up to get him, and I took Montgomery...I deserve the suffering

The facts are that the Bears are a team that won 12 games, won the division and lost a wild card game to that unfortunate kick. So as much as we hated Nagy in this forum last season saying he's bad, he doesnt use Howard from the 1yd etc. , the fact is he did well  IRL with that playcalling of his, nobody cares about Howard usage besides fantasy. Is Trubisky a good QB? No he's Blake Bortles basically, but like Bortles who made the AFC championship 2 years ago, Trubisky can make the NFC championship because him and Nagy they have the best defense in the league.

So as long as the defense carries these bums to division titles, Nagy will not change a thing. Yeah he lost against GB but next game they're playing Denver, defense probably will hold them to under 7 points, so Nagy will be free to satisfy his ego as a 'creative mastermind'. Shame on me for believing that having a defense like that will make Nagy turn to a power football style of play.

What's worse than Trubisky passing 50 times is that now we have Mike Davis of all people vulturing carries. To be honest I don't even know if Montgomery is that special talent people were talking about and with 6 touches we will never know.

I know it's only one game but this is a deja vu for me and honestly I don't see Chicago changing the way they play as long as they're winning and Montgomery performing according to his adp. I hope that I'm wrong.

Er...Chicago isn't winning 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bennie905 said:

They scored 3 points.....

34 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

He's a much better player than Josh Jacobs obviously.

Cruel world...

Definitely, we just chose the wrong player in the wrong situation. 

It's 1 week.  Don't panic.  He's the most talented RB they have.  He will get the rock soon enough.  I passed on him in redrafts because of the little bit of uncertainty in that backfield with 3 guys potentially getting snaps & his 3rd to 4th round draft price.  I do own him in a keeper league where I had multiple 4th round picks and could take a shot on a potential RB keeper.   I do think he's their best back and in most cases talent wins out.  Be patient if you can be, consider buying if you think his owner is looking to bail.

Gotta be a rebound game right!? Denver’s run defense just got gashed by Jacobs with ease. And the Bears lost almost solely because they inconceivably went with the plodder Mike Davis in the 2nd half. If Nagy doesn't learn from that absurd mistake, then their season is already lost. 

Edited by MrPositive

2 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Gotta be a rebound game right!? Denver’s run defense just got gashed by Jacobs with ease. And the Bears lost almost solely because they inconceivably went with the plodder Mike Davis in the 2nd half. If the Bears don’t learn from that absurd mistake, then their season is already lost. 

Oh I feel bad for you. You're about to really get introduced to the world of Matt Nagy.

I can't remember how much times in the Howard thread it was posted that "Nagy can't be this stupid again. He has to learn from his mistakes." Only to throw it 50 times with Trubisky the next game while having the lead and then choking it away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Gotta be a rebound game right!? Denver’s run defense just got gashed by Jacobs with ease. And the Bears lost almost solely because they inconceivably went with the plodder Mike Davis in the 2nd half. If the Bears don’t learn from that absurd mistake, then their season is already lost. 

username checks out ...

Nagy, my friend - fuggin' NAGY!

🎪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As a DMont owner, I'm leaning toward sitting him this week as a wait and see. IF his usage goes up week 2 (as we hope) than he is a plug and play week 3/moving forward...at least up until the inevitable Nagy enforced nose dive due to his play calling/personnel schemes :rolleyes:

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Thanks 1

If the first offensive play of the game for the bears isn’t a run, I’m turning off the tv and picking another team to root for

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Gotta be a rebound game right!? Denver’s run defense just got gashed by Jacobs with ease. And the Bears lost almost solely because they inconceivably went with the plodder Mike Davis in the 2nd half. If Nagy doesn't learn from that absurd mistake, then their season is already lost. 

to be fair Jacobs didn't really gash them with ease ..he got 20+ touches ...I don't think we're going to get 20+ touches here ...    sigh but I'm rolling him out 

Im starting Monty. Going to ride him until I can't no more!!! Best thing Nagy could do is make David inactive. The offense moved with fluidity. Im also, hoping that Mitch could learn from his mistakes and hit Monty on those routes, because monty could've had some huge plays.

12 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

As a DMont owner, I'm leaning toward sitting him this week as a wait and see. IF his usage goes up week 2 (as we hope) than he is a plug and play week 3/moving forward...at least up until the inevitable Nagy enforced nose dive due to his play calling/personnel schemes :rolleyes:

I don’t know how you could play him given his volume🤢

Montgomery owners when they get to the one yard line:

giphy.gif

When they see Mack lined up in the backfield:

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Montgomery owners when they get to the one yard line:

giphy.gif

When they see Mack lined up in the backfield:

giphy.gif

or the good ole tight end jet sweep 

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

If the first offensive play of the game for the bears isn’t a run to Monty, I'm shooting my tv and trading him for a resin bag and 2 kicking tees

FIXED. 

🎪🎪🎪🎪🎪🎪🎪🎪🎪🎪🎪

On 9/6/2019 at 10:48 PM, Proto24 said:

Lol y’all acting like we’re heading into week 17 and the season is wrapped up. We’ve seen one game with a terrible script, relax, take a deep breath, and be patient 

They never trailed by more than 7 points the entire game and held aaron rodgers to 10 total points. How is that a horrible script? Nagy went nagy on us yet again

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mjb said:

I don’t know how you could play him given his volume🤢

Some of us don't have the luxury of a more stable option, hence why I am merely "leaning toward sitting him," and not all in on sitting him as of yet...

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Thanks 1

Don't give up on him after just week 1. He is extremely talented and he will eventually show that. 

25 minutes ago, Guwop said:

They never trailed by more than 7 points the entire game and held aaron rodgers to 10 total points. How is that a horrible script? Nagy went nagy on us yet again

I think when he says, "terrible game script", he means the game script that has Nagy coaching.

• Like 1

"Nagy used 32 different personnel packages against the Packers. Their most common personnel groupings were “11” (one running back, one tight end, three wide receiver) and “20” (two running backs, no tight ends, three receivers), at 24 snaps apiece. Their most productive personnel grouping was “21” personnel (two running backs, one tight end, two receivers), which gained 104 yards and four first downs on 17 plays (6.11 yards per play average)"

"The most productive personnel package was David Montgomery, Tarik Cohen, Adam Shaheen, Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel. In seven snaps, that group generated 45 yards and two first downs."

"The most common personnel package was Cohen, Mike Davis, Robinson, Gabriel and Cordarelle Patterson. But on eight snaps, this group gained only 11 yards, one first down and was sacked twice on eight snaps."

- Dan Durkin, The Athletic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Don't give up on him after just week 1. He is extremely talented and he will eventually show that. 

Too much talent to not get 15 touches in normal game script.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Magoo said:

"Nagy used 32 different personnel packages against the Packers. Their most common personnel groupings were “11” (one running back, one tight end, three wide receiver) and “20” (two running backs, no tight ends, three receivers), at 24 snaps apiece. Their most productive personnel grouping was “21” personnel (two running backs, one tight end, two receivers), which gained 104 yards and four first downs on 17 plays (6.11 yards per play average)"

"The most productive personnel package was David Montgomery, Tarik Cohen, Adam Shaheen, Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel. In seven snaps, that group generated 45 yards and two first downs."

"The most common personnel package was Cohen, Mike Davis, Robinson, Gabriel and Cordarelle Patterson. But on eight snaps, this group gained only 11 yards, one first down and was sacked twice on eight snaps."

- Dan Durkin, The Athletic

Who has Nagy’s email? I wanna forward this to him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjb said:

Too much talent to not get 15 touches in normal game script.

I agree, The Green Bay defense was playing well I think over there heads last week. I don't see most defenses stopping him like that week to week.