Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Yeah.

Unless he has a good game and I can sell High to the desperate teams in our league (Looking to offer one guy Montgomery & Woods for Chubb, but of course it would require both of them to do well.  I have Green on the bench), I plan to ride him out for the remainder of the season.

Read somewhere that it would be smart to hold onto him now as the weather begins to get cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

Yeah.

Unless he has a good game and I can sell High to the desperate teams in our league (Looking to offer one guy Montgomery & Woods for Chubb, but of course it would require both of them to do well.  I have Green on the bench), I plan to ride him out for the remainder of the season.

Read somewhere that it would be smart to hold onto him now as the weather begins to get cold.

 

That cold argument was desperate rotoworld rhetoric used for multiple rb last year that underperformed or busted. You'll likely have to ride it out but dont put your Hope's on the weather to make him an RB1

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, the only reason I'm holding is cause no one wants him in my league. I've tried multiple packages to people with underachieving/injured rosters and still, no one would bite. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Montgomery is getting close to a drop for me in my 10 team half-ppr league. There’s so little upside on this putrid offense and Nagy’s run scheme (or more specifically, lack thereof). I just don’t see any path to upside for him this year. He’s being ranked around #30 on most lists this week. A high-upside handcuff is frankly more valuable than a moderate-volume low-upside RB. Even if he became a bellcow I think he tops out at #15-20 RB ROS, and that’s his absolute ceiling in a scenario that will never exist under Nagy.

Maybe a better matchup next week against the Chargers, then another terrible matchup after that against the Eagles. The schedule does look like it probably gets better from there.

If I’m honest with myself, it’s only the sunk cost that’s keeping me holding on. If he were a mid-round pick instead of early-round, I would have likely already dropped. 

What a disastrous pick. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess David Montgomery is probably a matchup play RB3/flex at this point.  And I am not in love with his matchup this week.  Saints have been really tough on D and have been slowing games way down with Bilgewater under center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I guess David Montgomery is probably a matchup play RB3/flex at this point.  And I am not in love with his matchup this week.  Saints have been really tough on D and have been slowing games way down with Bilgewater under center.

Yep.  Won't see my lineup barring injuries unless something drastically changes in Chicago.  My own fault for buying into the hype.  Never again drafting a RB that plays for Nagy(said the same thing this time last year😡).  I'm a idiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 4:13 PM, mvttchew said:

Yep, the only reason I'm holding is cause no one wants him in my league. I've tried multiple packages to people with underachieving/injured rosters and still, no one would bite. 

 

Lol wow.  I've give you Montgomery, Wade Boggs and a side of rice pilaf.  No takers?  Alrightythen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing holding me back from dropping Montgomery is that he's in my starting lineup.    😂

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

The only thing holding me back from dropping Montgomery is that he's in my starting lineup.    😂

2 brutal matchups out of 3 coming up and no signs of hope from the offense and line thus far. Hopefully they look better as a team Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully, Nagy & Company spent the bye week reflecting and watching a lot of game tape from the first half and make a more concerted effort to involve D-Mo and the run game moving forward. But, until I see it or the match up makes some sense from a RB2/flex standpoint, I'm benching him. He's still got some favorable match up's (this week ain't one of them!) so there's still some hope. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The G Man said:

Hopefully, Nagy & Company spent the bye week reflecting and watching a lot of game tape from the first half and make a more concerted effort to involve D-Mo and the run game moving forward. But, until I see it or the match up makes some sense from a RB2/flex standpoint, I'm benching him. He's still got some favorable match up's (this week ain't one of them!) so there's still some hope. 

 

The thing is, it’s not really a volume issue. His volume is decent. It’s just the O-line is putrid and Nagy has proven that he doesn’t know how to design run-schemes to utilize his team’s strengths and negate its weaknesses. It’s a system problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gufomel said:

 

The thing is, it’s not really a volume issue. His volume is decent. It’s just the O-line is putrid and Nagy has proven that he doesn’t know how to design run-schemes to utilize his team’s strengths and negate its weaknesses. It’s a system problem.


has their O-line changed much from last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:


has their O-line changed much from last year? 

They had Kyle Long's corpse playing RG. They finally, mercifully, put him on IR. He was embarrassingly bad all year (because of injury). Hopefully, they can at least get replacement level play from Larsen or Bars. The rest of the O-line is bad, but not quite disaster level bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STOP RUNNING OUT OF THE DAMN SHOTGUN SANS FULLBACK. 

Go ahead and repeat that incantation to yourself 100 times Bears brass. 
 

Firmly on the bench but a guy I need so hoping they come out of the bye week with some positive changes made. Saints tough on the ground this year so will he telling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tatddy said:

STOP RUNNING OUT OF THE DAMN SHOTGUN SANS FULLBACK. 

Go ahead and repeat that incantation to yourself 100 times Bears brass. 
 

Firmly on the bench but a guy I need so hoping they come out of the bye week with some positive changes made. Saints tough on the ground this year so will he telling. 

Nagy runs him into the stack 4-5 times so he can then return to his true love: dialing up 55 passes for 178 yards, 2 picks, and 1 TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's toast guys...let it go man.  Can't/Won't commit to the run...OL bad...Cohen still there sucking up targets.....Nagy wants gimmick trick plays in the red-zone.

 

Too many things working against him.

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

He's toast guys...let it go man.  Can't/Won't commit to the run...OL bad...Cohen still there sucking up targets.....Nagy wants gimmick trick plays in the red-zone.

 

Too many things working against him.

 

I will re-assist after this game based on usage and look of offense, and then against LAC at home based on those things and production. Then sit versus Eagles either way but have a better idea of if he's actually usable. I'm finding a way to sit him this week. Probably for Jamaal Williams :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aapox said:

 

I will re-assist after this game based on usage and look of offense, and then against LAC at home based on those things and production. Then sit versus Eagles either way but have a better idea of if he's actually usable. I'm finding a way to sit him this week. Probably for Jamaal Williams :(

 

im sitting him this week too. to much uncertainty. sitting for jordan howard or allen lazard lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, konstao said:

 

im sitting him this week too. to much uncertainty. sitting for jordan howard or allen lazard lol

And this will be the week the Bears beat the Saints and Montgomery goes for 120 and 2 tds 😐

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just keep sticking him in my lineup for that one game he goes off and I can say to myself, "well done Fantasy Manager...well done". 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

And this will be the week the Bears beat the Saints and Montgomery goes for 20 and 1 td 😐

Fixed :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

And this will be the week the Bears beat the Saints and Montgomery goes for 120 and 2 tds 😐

It will?  Sheesh.  Better get him into the lineup, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.