Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

Yeah.

Unless he has a good game and I can sell High to the desperate teams in our league (Looking to offer one guy Montgomery & Woods for Chubb, but of course it would require both of them to do well.  I have Green on the bench), I plan to ride him out for the remainder of the season.

Read somewhere that it would be smart to hold onto him now as the weather begins to get cold.

39 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

Yeah.

Unless he has a good game and I can sell High to the desperate teams in our league (Looking to offer one guy Montgomery & Woods for Chubb, but of course it would require both of them to do well.  I have Green on the bench), I plan to ride him out for the remainder of the season.

Read somewhere that it would be smart to hold onto him now as the weather begins to get cold.

That cold argument was desperate rotoworld rhetoric used for multiple rb last year that underperformed or busted. You'll likely have to ride it out but dont put your Hope's on the weather to make him an RB1

• Haha 1

Yep, the only reason I'm holding is cause no one wants him in my league. I've tried multiple packages to people with underachieving/injured rosters and still, no one would bite. 

• Like 1

Montgomery is getting close to a drop for me in my 10 team half-ppr league. There’s so little upside on this putrid offense and Nagy’s run scheme (or more specifically, lack thereof). I just don’t see any path to upside for him this year. He’s being ranked around #30 on most lists this week. A high-upside handcuff is frankly more valuable than a moderate-volume low-upside RB. Even if he became a bellcow I think he tops out at #15-20 RB ROS, and that’s his absolute ceiling in a scenario that will never exist under Nagy.

Maybe a better matchup next week against the Chargers, then another terrible matchup after that against the Eagles. The schedule does look like it probably gets better from there.

If I’m honest with myself, it’s only the sunk cost that’s keeping me holding on. If he were a mid-round pick instead of early-round, I would have likely already dropped. 

What a disastrous pick. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Thanks 1

I guess David Montgomery is probably a matchup play RB3/flex at this point.  And I am not in love with his matchup this week.  Saints have been really tough on D and have been slowing games way down with Bilgewater under center.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I guess David Montgomery is probably a matchup play RB3/flex at this point.  And I am not in love with his matchup this week.  Saints have been really tough on D and have been slowing games way down with Bilgewater under center.

Yep.  Won't see my lineup barring injuries unless something drastically changes in Chicago.  My own fault for buying into the hype.  Never again drafting a RB that plays for Nagy(said the same thing this time last year😡).  I'm a idiot

On 10/12/2019 at 4:13 PM, mvttchew said:

Yep, the only reason I'm holding is cause no one wants him in my league. I've tried multiple packages to people with underachieving/injured rosters and still, no one would bite. 

Lol wow.  I've give you Montgomery, Wade Boggs and a side of rice pilaf.  No takers?  Alrightythen

The only thing holding me back from dropping Montgomery is that he's in my starting lineup.    😂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

The only thing holding me back from dropping Montgomery is that he's in my starting lineup.    😂

2 brutal matchups out of 3 coming up and no signs of hope from the offense and line thus far. Hopefully they look better as a team Sunday. 

Hopefully, Nagy & Company spent the bye week reflecting and watching a lot of game tape from the first half and make a more concerted effort to involve D-Mo and the run game moving forward. But, until I see it or the match up makes some sense from a RB2/flex standpoint, I'm benching him. He's still got some favorable match up's (this week ain't one of them!) so there's still some hope. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

Hopefully, Nagy & Company spent the bye week reflecting and watching a lot of game tape from the first half and make a more concerted effort to involve D-Mo and the run game moving forward. But, until I see it or the match up makes some sense from a RB2/flex standpoint, I'm benching him. He's still got some favorable match up's (this week ain't one of them!) so there's still some hope. 

The thing is, it’s not really a volume issue. His volume is decent. It’s just the O-line is putrid and Nagy has proven that he doesn’t know how to design run-schemes to utilize his team’s strengths and negate its weaknesses. It’s a system problem.

3 hours ago, gufomel said:

The thing is, it’s not really a volume issue. His volume is decent. It’s just the O-line is putrid and Nagy has proven that he doesn’t know how to design run-schemes to utilize his team’s strengths and negate its weaknesses. It’s a system problem.

has their O-line changed much from last year? 

3 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

has their O-line changed much from last year? 

They had Kyle Long's corpse playing RG. They finally, mercifully, put him on IR. He was embarrassingly bad all year (because of injury). Hopefully, they can at least get replacement level play from Larsen or Bars. The rest of the O-line is bad, but not quite disaster level bad. 

STOP RUNNING OUT OF THE DAMN SHOTGUN SANS FULLBACK. 

Go ahead and repeat that incantation to yourself 100 times Bears brass. 

Firmly on the bench but a guy I need so hoping they come out of the bye week with some positive changes made. Saints tough on the ground this year so will he telling. 

3 minutes ago, tatddy said:

STOP RUNNING OUT OF THE DAMN SHOTGUN SANS FULLBACK. 

Go ahead and repeat that incantation to yourself 100 times Bears brass. 

Firmly on the bench but a guy I need so hoping they come out of the bye week with some positive changes made. Saints tough on the ground this year so will he telling. 

Nagy runs him into the stack 4-5 times so he can then return to his true love: dialing up 55 passes for 178 yards, 2 picks, and 1 TD.

He's toast guys...let it go man.  Can't/Won't commit to the run...OL bad...Cohen still there sucking up targets.....Nagy wants gimmick trick plays in the red-zone.

Too many things working against him.

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

He's toast guys...let it go man.  Can't/Won't commit to the run...OL bad...Cohen still there sucking up targets.....Nagy wants gimmick trick plays in the red-zone.

Too many things working against him.

I will re-assist after this game based on usage and look of offense, and then against LAC at home based on those things and production. Then sit versus Eagles either way but have a better idea of if he's actually usable. I'm finding a way to sit him this week. Probably for Jamaal Williams :(

7 minutes ago, aapox said:

I will re-assist after this game based on usage and look of offense, and then against LAC at home based on those things and production. Then sit versus Eagles either way but have a better idea of if he's actually usable. I'm finding a way to sit him this week. Probably for Jamaal Williams :(

im sitting him this week too. to much uncertainty. sitting for jordan howard or allen lazard lol

8 minutes ago, konstao said:

im sitting him this week too. to much uncertainty. sitting for jordan howard or allen lazard lol

And this will be the week the Bears beat the Saints and Montgomery goes for 120 and 2 tds 😐

• Haha 2

I'll just keep sticking him in my lineup for that one game he goes off and I can say to myself, "well done Fantasy Manager...well done". 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

And this will be the week the Bears beat the Saints and Montgomery goes for 20 and 1 td 😐

Fixed :P

19 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

And this will be the week the Bears beat the Saints and Montgomery goes for 120 and 2 tds 😐

It will?  Sheesh.  Better get him into the lineup, then.