Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

BUST. Plain and simple.

Thankfully we wont ignore a coaches impact on a player ever again

f--- NAGY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just when I thought Nagy couldn't get any dumber he out does himself.  Look around the league you clown.  Teams that are winning run the ball and play great D.  You have a great defense but when they are on the field for 38 min.  Even they get worn out.  I'm not a Bears fan and have already glued Mont to my bench or maybe even dumping him this week.  But no NFL team should go through a game with only 5 rushes from their RBs.  Especially when the score was 12-10 at the half. Have to ask are people in Chicago calling for him to get the axe??

He’s a drop, don’t think it’s his fault though. Nagy is horrendous. What a waste

Five total RB runs?  Nagy is a funny guy.  To think the lack of running last year was blamed by many on Howard being a supposed JAG.  Didn't watch the game, but I don't see how there can be any justification for the run to pass ratio here.

4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Have to ask are people in Chicago calling for him to get the axe??

Worst coach in the NFL. The lack of understanding of the game is breath taking. Bears should have announced his termination after that presser.

Where is the projection of 120 and 2 TDs? Maybe that projection was for the ROS. 

This guy is awful. He looks befuddaled. 

9 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Worst coach in the NFL. The lack of understanding of the game is breath taking. Bears should have announced his termination after that presser.

Bears offense is garbage.

This was just about worst case scenario coming out of the bye. Offense showed absolutely no bounce back from London and Nagy decided running the ball just wasn’t important. I’d be surprised if Monty doesn’t get 12-15 carries and they do what they did after the Packers game but can you trust starting him after this? No. Then you get Philly. Basically unstartable 2-3 weeks and then you have to PRAY something gets figured out when the easier matchups come. Absolutely brutal. I can’t stand Nagy. 

Can’t believe there is an NFL coach who thinks Mitch Trubisky throwing the ball 40+ times in games is a winning formula in the NFL. 

• Like 6

Reading through this thread makes me think of psychology classes I took in college. 

Nagy is a moron, no one is debating that, Trubisky is a bust and will end up being the NFL's version of Sam Bowie but the reality is Montgomery himself has been terrible too. I've watched just about every Bears game this season and there is just nothing there to be excited about with him, there are other backs who have been in terrible situations but maybe other than Miami this year there aren't situations where guys can't make plays, you can occasionally see glimpses from great players in terrible situations, there have been no glimpses this season from Montgomery. The coaching sucks, the QB sucks, the offensive line sucks and yes the player sucks too. 

I think unless ARob really falls to you in drafts or is undervaled in auctions you should avoid any Bears players in fantasy next season. This offense needs a complete and total overhaul from top to bottom.

45 minutes ago, RepoMan said:

Reading through this thread makes me think of psychology classes I took in college. 

Nagy is a moron, no one is debating that, Trubisky is a bust and will end up being the NFL's version of Sam Bowie but the reality is Montgomery himself has been terrible too. I've watched just about every Bears game this season and there is just nothing there to be excited about with him, there are other backs who have been in terrible situations but maybe other than Miami this year there aren't situations where guys can't make plays, you can occasionally see glimpses from great players in terrible situations, there have been no glimpses this season from Montgomery. The coaching sucks, the QB sucks, the offensive line sucks and yes the player sucks too. 

I think unless ARob really falls to you in drafts or is undervaled in auctions you should avoid any Bears players in fantasy next season. This offense needs a complete and total overhaul from top to bottom.

Bro have you seen his highlight reel from I state and the great defenses he competed against in the big 12?  Kid is special, period 

4 hours ago, HTXMade said:

Where is John Fox when you need him

Great point tbh!

The Bears searched for the polar opposite of Fox and got Nagy. IRL an old school, conservative coach like Fox would be what they need with that great defense. Not a gimmicky turnover-prone wannabe Andy Reid offense, much less without a legit QB...

1 hour ago, Rickydragon said:

Bro have you seen his highlight reel from I state and the great defenses he competed against in the big 12?  Kid is special, period 

It's late, and I am smoking before bed. Is this sarcasm? 

The great defenses in the Big12 tells me it is, but I've heard worse on this board.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Great point tbh!

The Bears searched for the polar opposite of Fox and got Nagy. IRL an old school, conservative coach like Fox would be what they need with that great defense. Not a gimmicky turnover-prone wannabe Andy Reid offense, much less without a legit QB...

let's cite Brian Billick here. 

offensive wünderkind, was the OC of those unstoppable/pinball machine 90s Minnesota offenses of the Moss/Carter/Smiff/Reed/Culpepper vintage - i believe the ill-fated '98 version (missed the SB due to a missed FG) set the (then) record for most points scored in a season. 

ergo, Billick was the hot n' sexy HC candidate- winds up in Baltimore, a team predicated on smothering defense and ball control. 

Billick doesn't try and reinvent the wheel ... matter of fact, he does quite the opposite, running one of the most vanilla offenses in memory, helmed by the ultimate game manager in Trent Dilfer. 

no fancy shmancy chit from Billick ... no "LOOK AT MY BAG OF TRICKS!!!1!1!!1 MY GENIUS SET RECORDS IN MINNY!!!1!111! I'M SOOO MUCH MORE CLEVER THAN YOU FOOOLS!!!1!" nonsense - just line up on game day, let RayRay and the boyz handle biz, while the offense rides the wave - all the way to one of the most lopsided SB wins ever. 

Brian Billick ... a man who worked to his roster's strengths ... a coach who proved winning is cooler that being the cutest cat in the leeg.  a guy who eschewed his rep to better facilitate the talent at his disposal. 

so, yeah ... there's that 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

The NFL is ten times better than the Big 12. 

To me I put all the blame on the Bears offensive line. Something is broken. They can’t block the guys in front of them to open up holes for any running back. That is why the QBs need to pass on almost every play.

6 hours ago, RepoMan said:

Talent isn't the issue. It comes 100% down to coaching and play calling. Nagy has zero idea what he is doing and has zero idea of how to use a normal running back.

Even in an attempt to show self-awareness, Nagy shows that he completely lacks self-awareness. 

No, Nagy, you are an idiot. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

The NFL is ten times better than the Big 12. 

If the Sooners played Miami, I'd put my money on OK. 

9 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Even in an attempt to show self-awareness, Nagy shows that he completely lacks self-awareness. 

What an idiot 

4 minutes ago, Duckbutter said:

If the Sooners played Miami, I'd put my money on OK. 

I think you're severely underestimating the gap in size and talent of NFL linemen vs NCAA Linemen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

I think you're severely underestimating the gap in size and talent of NFL linemen vs NCAA Linemen.

Yea, we seem to go through this discussion every year, just interchanging OU/Bama/etc for Fins/Bills/Browns/etc.

The Fins would slaughter OU.

11 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I know I shouldn't stick this fork in the electrical socket anymore.

But this is just one of those times that calls for it.  And possibly 9 more times after that.  I won't rule it out.

He can say whatever he wants off the field.  When he gets on it, he tries to outsmart everyone. But only ends up outsmarting himself, which isn't hard.