Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

18 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

My team did that in a basketball game once.

It almost worked.

Unfortunately our shooter, wide open from 3, was to busy laughing to actually shoot.

It... was not a good team

They can try this play and see how it works with the Bears' superior personnel.  

spacer.png

Edited by jumper
  • Haha 1

Just now, shakestreet said:

Fact .... There is no way anybody can trust David Montgomery going forward. 

That's fine, but unless you are real deep at RB, you're playing him whether or not you trust him.  With the touches he gets, you're not going to find a suitable replacement on waivers.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

That's fine, but unless you are real deep at RB, you're playing him whether or not you trust him.  With the touches he gets, you're not going to find a suitable replacement on waivers.

I definitely agree. I see just about 20 RBs we can truly trust the always plug n play types. 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Fact .... There is no way anybody can trust David Montgomery going forward. 

This was true weeks ago 

Didn't Montgomery just have two gigantic weeks before this past weekend's disappointment?  Tough crowd here.  I've only owned Monty for a few weeks (I got his 2 blowup games) so maybe I don't have PTSD like the rest of you do.

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Didn't Montgomery just have two gigantic weeks before this past weekend's disappointment?  Tough crowd here.  I've only owned Monty for a few weeks (I got his 2 blowup games) so maybe I don't have PTSD like the rest of you do.

He did have two great games.   And against the worst rushing defense in the league with a backup QB, he should have had a decent day.

So instead of feeling good that things are trending up, we're in the same spot we've been the whole season.  Either sitting him or starting him with zero confidence.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

This was true weeks ago 

I disagree. Production is ok but efficiency is not. 
Last week in 1/2 ppr he scored 6 points ... after two straight 20+ games. 

Just remember the week before his 100 yard game (22.7 pts) he awarded fantasy owners 0.9 points. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I disagree. Production is ok but efficiency is not. 
Last week in 1/2 ppr he scored 6 points ... after two straight 20+ games. 

Just remember the week before his 100 yard game (22.7 pts) he awarded fantasy owners 0.9 points. 

I don’t think you’ve seen the bears offense then lmao. Straight trash 10 weeks in a row

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I wasn't watching as I wasn't near a tv but I was on gamecast and it seemed that he was fairly involved.  I started him so my frustration was more about how ineffective he was until the 4th quarter.  It seemed like they were getting stuffed on 1st down and then had to pass (quite often unsuccessfully).  But...if you watched it I'll defer to your opinion.  17 carries is pretty decent though, by any measure.

Fair. 

One could argue he was ineffective with opportunities, but I think that wouldn’t capture the primary issue.

Play-calling isn’t supportive of Montgomery and who he is.

10 hours ago, nn4mz said:

There are videos on YouTube of it.  Also, it’s a pretty popular plot tool in sitcoms that have a “basketball” episode 🤣

Back to Montgomery, I hate that I have to load him up as my RB2 this week due to Henry being on bye.

Unpredictable usage is too much for me.  I thought that game when the fans booed the hell out of team, Nagy would shape up.

It appears I underestimated him.

They need to boo every bad play call.

Score doesn't matter.

Step up, Bears fans!

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🤓

Matt Nagy (brain) limited rest of season

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Montgomery has a minor ankle injury and Trubisky had his throwing arm amputated.

That should be enough for Nagy to bench Montgomery and have Trubisky throw on 90% of plays this week.

Edited by gufomel
  • Haha 1

Montgomery is a stud, they should be giving him at minimum 15 carries every game now.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Montgomery is a stud, they should be giving him at minimum 15 carries every game now.

Yes, we know. We all know. It's his idiot HC that doesn't get it.

midweek practice injury is no bueno ... don't care how he progresses/practices rest of the week, no way in hell am i making an already dicey prop even dicier by rolling him out there ...

Cohen would be a PPR RB2 if Monty misses the game. He's a fine backup plan. 

Late Sun night game only complicates matters, hopefully Fri report paints a clearer picture.

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Late Sun night game only complicates matters, hopefully Fri report paints a clearer picture.

i'm sure he'll be either ltd or full today ... but i'm just not feeling that kid/Nagy vs Donald & co in El Lay, especially on what could be a wonky ankle. 

if he blows up on my bench i'll eat my socks and post it to teh YouTubez 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'm sure he'll be either ltd or full today ... but i'm just not feeling that kid/Nagy vs Donald & co in El Lay, especially on what could be a wonky ankle. 

if he blows up on my bench i'll eat my socks and post it to teh YouTubez 🤷‍♂️

Saquon, Aaron Jones, Henry, Chris Carson on bye. I bet many don't have better options than Monty. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

Saquon, Aaron Jones, Henry, Chris Carson on bye. I bet many don't have better options than Monty. 

fair point ✌

gl to all 

Lets face it, he plays like he rolls his ankle every wednesday.