Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

Since the Bears recently got rid of Mike Davis, if Montgomery were to miss this week, who else would be there other than Cohen?  The depth chart says Ryan Nall is 3rd string, but he seems more like a FB/TE type.  Would they use him some?  Mix of Cohen and C-Pat to get by for the week?  Any notable names on the PS that might get called up?

5 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Since the Bears recently got rid of Mike Davis, if Montgomery were to miss this week, who else would be there other than Cohen?  The depth chart says Ryan Nall is 3rd string, but he seems more like a FB/TE type.  Would they use him some?  Mix of Cohen and C-Pat to get by for the week?  Any notable names on the PS that might get called up?

* Ser Kerrith Whyte of House Tarly has entered the chat *

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Did Montgomery practice today?

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Did Montgomery practice today?

DNP today. Just came out.

Welcome to the bench!

Did not practice today. Bet he'll be a game time decision. This is not a bad thing my friends.  It forces you to start a better option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No surprise that he didn't practice.  He was probably limited yesterday because he started practice and couldn't finish.  I don't see why he would practice today.  He knows the plays.  Far better to rest.

He'll be a GTD and a very risky start.  Even if he plays, it's likely they give Cohen more work as he won't be as effective.  Given how iffy his production has been already, playing on a sprained ankle will make it real hard for him to have a good game.

5 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Did not practice today. Bet he'll be a game time decision. This is not a bad thing my friends.  It forces you to start a better option.

Go get Cohen if you can. Cohen sans Monty is likely better than any other dart throw option. 

5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Go get Cohen if you can. Cohen sans Monty is likely better than any other dart throw option. 

Rams shut down the the Steelers run game last week, and Samuels barely did anything in ppr. I doubt Cohen's diminutive build is going to help unless he spends most of his time lined up in the slot. 

7 minutes ago, SkittleMania said:

Rams shut down the the Steelers run game last week, and Samuels barely did anything in ppr. I doubt Cohen's diminutive build is going to help unless he spends most of his time lined up in the slot. 

It's a bad matchup, but Cohen would virtually be an every down player. Nall is a bum. 

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

It's a bad matchup, but Cohen would virtually be an every down player. Nall is a bum. 

Cohen couldn't handle that role. He'd be broken by half time. And he'll be a huge liability in pass protection.

It's the late night game unless it gets flexed out (which probably would have happened already) so unless you have Cohen as a hedge, you're playing with fire here.

39 minutes ago, SkittleMania said:

Cohen couldn't handle that role. He'd be broken by half time. And he'll be a huge liability in pass protection.

Cohen has literally been one of the consistently healthiest RBs in the NFL since he was drafted. *Knock on Wood*. He's also a beast in pass pro, which is about desire and strength. Cohen isn't lacking in either. Been tired of these small guy stereotypes for years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Cohen has literally been one of the consistently healthiest RBs in the NFL since he was drafted. *Knock on Wood*. He's also a beast in pass pro, which is about desire and strength. Cohen isn't lacking in either. Been tired of these small guy stereotypes for years. 

This play is actually hilarious

14 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Man Cohen stopped that dude dead in his tracks.  Pretty impressive. 

Then pushed back like I'm the BOSS here.  You better pick the other side to rush off the edge.    

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Has Cohen ever played a bellcow role? I think the answer is no. And let's see him do what he did to Fowler all game. Be tired of the stereotypes all you want, but I doubt that Cohen would hold up if if he plays almost every down out of the backfield. If Monty is out, Nall will probably be in for a fair share. Patterson will probably get in on the fun as well.

1 minute ago, SkittleMania said:

Has Cohen ever played a bellcow role? I think the answer is no. And let's see him do what he did to Fowler all game. Be tired of the stereotypes all you want, but I doubt that Cohen would hold up if if he plays almost every down out of the backfield. If Monty is out, Nall will probably be in for a fair share. Patterson will probably get in on the fun as well.

He's not a bellcow. But he wouldn't die if he got 15 carries in one game. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, SkittleMania said:

you are judging him based on his height and weight...you have no evidence to back up your assumptions so please stop. Cohen is a beast so stop discrediting his success and capabilities to those attributes

15 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

you are judging him based on his height and weight...you have no evidence to back up your assumptions so please stop. Cohen is a beast so stop discrediting his success and capabilities to those attributes

"Cohen is a beast." LMAO. Okay dude, whatever say.

I'll stand by what I said. Feel free to continue caping for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkittleMania said:

"Cohen is a beast." LMAO. Okay dude, whatever say.

I'll stand by what I said. Feel free to continue caping for him.

better than you...so stop the hate and appreciate!

Did Montgomery practice on a limited basis today?