Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, Vivens26 said:

Starting Guice over him 

Yea I'm not sure what to do with him right now. And tonight's game is approaching fast.

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

2 tds.

And 43 yards on 14 carries. Better hope for those TDS. 

I’m skeptical of Montgomery this week for the same reasons I’m skeptical of someone like Michel.  We can’t predict what these coaches are going to do.  Is Naggy going to start calling plays like he has prime Peyton Manning at QB the second Dallas is up by a TD? 

• Like 2

Low floor and the only type of ceiling he has if he scores a TD or 2.  TDs are fluky and I don't like to bank on them so I am sitting Montgomery for some other options like Snell, White and Penny for example.  You can argue Penny is riskier, but he plays for the better offense so I'll roll with that.  Barkley Week 1, Jones Week 5, and Cook Week 10 are the only real "blow-up" games the Dallas defense has given up to RBs this season.  You can argue Singletary had a nice game, but again that was on the back of a nice receiving TD.  I would argue Singletary is much better than Montgomery in the passing game, and even still Singletary was only held to 14/63 on the ground.  Barkley, Jones and Cook are elite backs that Montgomery isn't even close to.  If he falls into the end zone a few times on my bench so be it.  I can't afford to stare at a nice 5 spot from my RB all weekend. Plus outside of the Chargers' game, he has been terrible at home this year.

He's kind of like the Curtis Samuel of RBs this season in a way.  Only provides a good game if he scores a TD, otherwise you're getting 6ish points.  

7 hours ago, bigslick631 said:

I'm strongly considering starting Penny over him....

This isn’t even a thought in my opinion.  Penny is a TRUE 1B and he will eat because Carroll will run the ball all the way to SB if he can.

Montgomery in a Nagy offense?  Complete shot in the dark.  I hate how we were bamboozled.

Edited by nn4mz
  • Like 1

I'm firing this up. It's cold in Chicago, a little windy, and he managed his first receiving TD last week and is avg'ing 15 totes a game. 

I know he's getting the ball. 

Benched Deebo and Kirk for context. 

Come on kid, one time. 

22/97/1

2/12

27 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I'm firing this up. It's cold in Chicago, a little windy, and he managed his first receiving TD last week and is avg'ing 15 totes a game. 

I know he's getting the ball. 

Benched Deebo and Kirk for context. 

Come on kid, one time. 

22/97/1

2/12

Fire up the FrostLord

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

2 tds.

4 hours ago, Hero202 said:

And 43 yards on 14 carries. Better hope for those TDS. 

I’m skeptical of Montgomery this week for the same reasons I’m skeptical of someone like Michel.  We can’t predict what these coaches are going to do.  Is Naggy going to start calling plays like he has prime Peyton Manning at QB the second Dallas is up by a TD? 

DMonty has one 2 TD game this year. 

• Thanks 1

Starting Snell over him with the outside chance Cook sits, and in that case I start Mattison.  Even bouncing around the idea of Penny over Monty.  I just can't figure this one out.  I just have no trust in Nagy, Monty, Truby or anyone else in Chicago.  

Nagy effect 😱

I gotta start him now that Jamaal williams is questionable. My Rb's are josh jacobs, Dalvin cook, zeke and jamaal. jesus christ!!!!

I think that Montgomery will have something along the lines of a 15 carries for 60 yards and 3 receptions for 20 yards possibly with a td, statline.  Just a hunch.  Dallas's defense isn't totally dominant but they can be tough.

Edited by sjm76

Not liking matchup..

Most frustrating offense I've ever watched. Never seen a team pass so much on first down with a big lead that much.

That fumble was BS too

Disappointing point output. Trubisky balled out tonight, gotta think of Anthony Miller got tackled short, or Trubisky on his TD run tackled short, Monty almost with a two touchdown potential game. 

Disappointing score but lots of “moral victories” for the next two weeks, if this semi dud doesn’t knock you out. I think I’ll roll him out there again next 2 weeks. Happy the offense looked better and if they’re running options with Trubisky it will help DM