Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

16 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I really don't see the talent. I was all-in on this guy to start the year. But he's just a very, very average back.

the hype was real though

EBiE2glXUAECcUa.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

the hype was real though

EBiE2glXUAECcUa.jpg

he reminds me a lot of Thomas Jones ...

if things bteak right for him, maybe Monty can etch out a career similar to TJ 🤷‍♂️

This is more on their line. The fumble shouldn't of happened, because of forward progress and a facemask. It can be seen with the talent, but the Bears need to address the offensive line. Hopefully during free agency and the draft they can. In keeper (2-5) and dynasty leagues next year he is kept, Monty should be highly considered for a great 2nd year. 

• Haha 1

His game and Sony's are paralleling each others pretty closely this year. Not great O-Lines, not making people miss, not catching passing because of good scat backs on the team. Unfortunately I own both and cant play either one of them. 

However, he has looked a little better lately. Still not enough usage in a game they were up though.

The frustrating thing for me is that I can see that he is good.

For some reason this year, it’s just not hitting consistently.

Maybe a combo of OLine, him being a rookie, and Nagy.

4 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

the hype was real though

EBiE2glXUAECcUa.jpg

Damn, feet of 2019 Barkley and athleticism of 2019 Michel...pretty accurate.

1 hour ago, Tob said:

He hasn't broken A long one this year, what do those tea leaves tell you?

He had a 55 yard run that's plenty long.

Frustrating game for sure, but that’s honestly been the story all year. Whether due to play calling, o line blocking, penalties, etc. the list can go on. He Is entertaining to watch tho, he can get slippery and churn extra yardage. I’m staying off the Chicago RB boat for as long as Nagy and Trashbinsky are in town. Lesson learned. Love starting off my weekend of my 6.5 points against his monster Zeke’s 20, especially for the play offs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Frustrating game for sure, but that’s honestly been the story all year. Whether due to play calling, o line blocking, penalties, etc. the list can go on. He Is entertaining to watch tho, he can get slippery and churn extra yardage. I’m staying off the Chicago RB boat for as long as Nagy and Trashbinsky are in town. Lesson learned. Love starting off my weekend of my 6.5 points against his monster Zeke’s 20, especially for the play offs. 

I feel ya. Good luck with the rest of your matchup. It's not insurmountable. It's funny, at first I was like oh, 20+ carries, offense looks better, at least he's start-worthy next week based on these peripherals. But honestly, what are the odds all of these peripherals lead to the same 5-8 point game? Pretty high...lol

On 12/6/2019 at 9:05 AM, sportsfreak2744 said:

I really don't see the talent. I was all-in on this guy to start the year. But he's just a very, very average back.

I was all in on him too.  What I think happened is that his pluses were not as expected and his minuses were worse.  He was hyped because of his ability to make people miss and break tackles.  While he did show some of this, it turns out that breaking the tackle of an NFL defender is quite a bit harder than a college defender.  His limitation was a lack of athleticism, speed, and quickness.  This showed up in spades this year.  He had trouble running outside and, outside of that 55 yarder, could not really take advantage of big holes that other NFL rbs do.  Instead of getting 30 yds get like 11.

He's basically a grinder.  Decent vision, some tackle breaking ability, but unable to hit home runs.  Even on that 55 yarder, he got caught from behind.  He'll need improvement on the OL next year to do better.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 12:33 PM, Tob said:

He hasn't broken A long one this year, what do those tea leaves tell you?

He did break a long one but was caught from the back. Not a top end speed guy

On 12/6/2019 at 10:12 AM, nn4mz said:

The frustrating thing for me is that I can see that he is good.

For some reason this year, it’s just not hitting consistently.

Maybe a combo of OLine, him being a rookie, and Nagy.

He’s not good.  You guys hoped he’d be good.  He’s average, he’s slow.  But if blaming the coach makes you feel better great.  

On 12/15/2019 at 3:22 PM, Rickydragon said:

He’s not good.  You guys hoped he’d be good.  He’s average, he’s slow.  But if blaming the coach makes you feel better great.  

He's not very good, no, but also, every single offensive lineman is below average on PFF and they've graded bottom 5 in run blocking.

What's the outlook vs. KC. Not very good, eh? Floor - ~4-5 pts, Ceiling - ~15 pts?

Seems like when they fall behind most of the snaps go to Cohen so I would expect that to be the game script here. 10-14 carries for 50ish yds. 1-2 short receptions. Pray for a TD to salvage the day.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, Rickydragon said:

Hard to tell. First year RB behind a terrible Oline and a bad coach. He does seem difficult to bring down but doesn’t look fast. 

Looks to be searching for holes too much when the OLine isn’t doing him any favors. 

I wouldn't expect anything from Montgomery Sunday. Nagy calling plays vs his former team.. You know Nagy is so giddy to call all his stupid gimmick plays.

I guarantee he's gonna go full egg head Sunday. Smh 

No way am I starting this guy, I don't care how good the matchup is on paper....

Nagy consistently proves to me that he is incapable of coaching himself out of a wet paper bag.

You knew it was bad when Nagy talked Montogomery up all pre-season, then decided to give Mike Davis more carries in week 1...