BrianM

Christian Kirk 2019 Outlook

Arizona drafted 3 WR's, and has a new QB and coaching staff.   They punted on Josh Rosen, so its fairly clear they're not attached at all to anyone from the old regime.   I think this spells doom for Christian Kirk.  I like Kirk a lot but I think Kingsbury's going to shoehorn his new toys into position at Kirk's expense.  

• Like 1

Yeah bummer. I think Kirk is a good player, but KK mustn't like him much. Trade him to the Pats!

I think Kirk is going to get a fair shot. Isabella will play the slot and Butler and Kirk on the outside. Fitz will probably be the other man being moved around as the 4th wr. 4 wr sets should help DJ this year. 

larry Fitz is going to be the only reliable pass catcher on this offense.  An air raid offense with a rookie QB throwing to a bunch of other rookies and a 2nd yr against top NFL defenses is going to be interesting. 😱

• Like 2

Kind of wondering if any WRs are going to do well behind that O-line.

That's a tough way for a rookie QB to acclimate to the NFL. 

14 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Kind of wondering if any WRs are going to do well behind that O-line.

That's a tough way for a rookie QB to acclimate to the NFL. 

buy DJ and the slot wr and sell the rest

Might be bad for Kirk's long-term value in Arizona, but I don't see it limiting him in 2019. Kirk looked good last season. Arizona didn't have much behind him and Fitz though. And rookie WR's don't often contribute much.

• Like 1

You guys are severely sleeping on Kirk.  No ways he’s less than their 2nd most productive fantasy WR this season.  Next season I think he s their number one fantasy WR.  KK is good, very good?  Kirk is dynamic.  He can be a special player, while KK will make a top compliment.  They will be one of the more productive fantasy duos for years to come.

But Kirk, you’ll see.

18 minutes ago, brakeyawself said:

You guys are severely sleeping on Kirk.  No ways he’s less than their 2nd most productive fantasy WR this season.  Next season I think he s their number one fantasy WR.  KK is good, very good?  Kirk is dynamic.  He can be a special player, while KK will make a top compliment.  They will be one of the more productive fantasy duos for years to come.

But Kirk, you’ll see.

KK supposed to be JA.  Brain fart.

Coaches are gone by January.

Probably time for a new GM.

Kirk+larry are back to back ADP  going in the 9th rd which tells you fantasy players don't like any wr's  in this supposed innovative and explosive passing offense. 

I think if you gamble on a ARI wr fitz is the logical choice to mesh with the rookie QB and give fantasy relevant production or u take both and drop the guy who sux to the waiver after week3

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

Kirk+larry are back to back ADP  going in the 9th rd which tells you fantasy players don't like any wr's  in this supposed innovative and explosive passing offense. 

I think if you gamble on a ARI wr fitz is the logical choice to mesh with the rookie QB and give fantasy relevant production or u take both and drop the guy who sux to the waiver after week3

Agree here about Larry, i think Fitz is a guy to def take a swing at here in that range and i'd be looking to land Kirk possibly a bit later then that.  I expect Kingsbury to use a lot of his  bunch formations and different looks from the WR group, even with a young gun at the helm. This system will be very familiar to Kyler as well.

The OL will be bad, so i think we see Kyler working a really fast paced offense with the hope to get to throwing or on the move quickly.  I see Kirk and Larry both benefitting from it.  Lets not forget we have seen Larry Fitz put up really solid numbers just a few seasons ago with Palmer, Gabbert, and Stanton under center.  So i could see better numbers here for a smart vet WR like Fitz and he could turn out to me a nice value pick in redrafts. Kirk as well

On 5/22/2019 at 1:14 AM, brakeyawself said:

KK supposed to be JA.  Brain fart.

Who is JA?

• Like 2

Kirk is easily the WR to own here.  Don't think about it too hard.  Larry is 36 years old and barely outscored Kirk last year in 4 more games.

6 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Kirk is easily the WR to own here.  Don't think about it too hard.  Larry is 36 years old and barely outscored Kirk last year in 4 more games.

Larry currently plays the position Kirk played at and dominated in college.  As long as he's there inhibiting Kirk then his upside is capped IMO.

You take a guy that dominated in the middle and put him outside it just doesn't make sense to me.  Younger, faster, stronger are all cool things, but playing out of position negates a lot of that upside IMO.

When Larry finally hangs it up is only when I am going to make a move for Kirk.

I think KK gonna blow this whole roster up for the worst long before it can improve though.  I'm probably gonna avoid everything here for better or worse in 2019.

His ADP is actually good- i figured he'd go a lot higher.    I'm still skeptical KK knows what he's doing and even wants Kirk, but i of course dont really know jack about his plans.    This is one of those where my gut is telling me its going to end poorly this year for Kirk, but my head says Kirk is a great talent, and if this offense truly is air raid, and clicking, Kirk's got a great chance to explode and is worth a shot.  

So, i'll take him once, maybe, as a contrarian play.   I have a 10 teamer that I usually just dont bother drafting more than two WR's i like, and just throw darts later in the draft.  In that shallow of a league, he can be one of those i guess.   

On 4/29/2019 at 11:05 AM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I think Kirk is going to get a fair shot. Isabella will play the slot and Butler and Kirk on the outside. Fitz will probably be the other man being moved around as the 4th wr. 4 wr sets should help DJ this year. 

Fitz has manned the slot as one of the best in the business for past several years.  Kirk was drafted to be his heir (I think) by the last regime.  Isabella is here now and I don't know what to think but I do know a guy that can run a high 4.2 should probably be used on the outside if you've already got 2 slot guys ahead of him.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Larry currently plays the position Kirk played at and dominated in college.  As long as he's there inhibiting Kirk then his upside is capped IMO

I don't think Larry is a full-time guy anymore.  He'll see the slot when he's on the field but Kirk was actually pretty good on the outside last year.  I'm not too worried.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

I don't think Larry is a full-time guy anymore.  He'll see the slot when he's on the field but Kirk was actually pretty good on the outside last year.  I'm not too worried.

The cardinals had something like 850 offensive snaps last year. Fitz played like 849 of them. (I rarely fact check FYI, but I'm sure this is close). 

He's a year older yes, but without a pre-season injury nothing tells me that he's gonna be a part time guy unless maybe KK has plans I'm not aware of. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

The cardinals had something like 850 offensive snaps last year. Fitz played like 849 of them. (I rarely fact check FYI, but I'm sure this is close). 

Good stat check.  Seems that he just isn't good anymore then.  36 years old and descending vs 23 years old and ascending.  I like Kirk here, a lot.

Edited by RMJ_12

11 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Good stat check.  Seems that he just isn't good anymore then.  36 years old and descending vs 23 years old and ascending.  I like Kirk here, a lot.

All of the cards wr's are being priced as borderline irrelevant so kirk vs fitz isnt much of a debate according to the consensus. .. 😂

40 9.04 Christian Kirk WR ARI 12 99.6 7.9 7.01 10.07 188  
43 9.08 Larry Fitzgerald WR ARI 12 104.2 9.4 6.06 11.03 126
56 13.01 Andy Isabella WR ARI 12 145.1 10.3 11.01 15.01 64

Hakeem Buteler= free

kevin white= free

With an aging Fitz, Kirk is probably their most talented WR.  This years draft of WRs is to replace Fitz down the road and give them some depth.  None of their rookie wrs are near Kirk in talent.  I think Isbell eventually becomes their WR 2 once Fitz drops out, making Kirk their clear #1. 

16 hours ago, brakeyawself said:

With an aging Fitz, Kirk is probably their most talented WR.  This years draft of WRs is to replace Fitz down the road and give them some depth.  None of their rookie wrs are near Kirk in talent.  I think Isbell eventually becomes their WR 2 once Fitz drops out, making Kirk their clear #1. 

Going into 2018 season Fitz signed an extension but wouldn't commit to playing in 2018. Fitz has manned the middle of field AKA slot better than nearly everyone the last few years. 

I believe cards last regime drafted kirk in 2018 to take it over in 2019 because most thought he'd be gone.  Kirk was regarded as the best at this in the draft by most talking heads and those that watched A&M football. 

Fitz did what most players do though... Realize they still got enough left and $10+ M looks pretty good. So he signed another extension. Kirk is still a football player and a dang good WR, but I don't think he was drafted in the 2nd round to play out of position. I think Fitz getting cold feet is going to ultimately hold up his true breakout season. 

Also, now that KK is here, I'm actually waiting for this whole thing to implode on itself. I've been wrong before and we might see the rebirth of the greatest show on turf, but I think there's a real chance that we instead see Just a clown show on turf. 

• Like 2