BrianM

Christian Kirk 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, tekashi26ix said:

I hope he doesnt so i can start slayton 

[...] I'm not even thinking about Kirk vs Slayton, Slayton wins easily. I have no idea why Kirk is ahead of Slayton on so many of these expert rankings but I honestly don't care. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story / AC content
  • Thanks 1

Gotta think he's a solid PPR floor play this week in what should be a fairly high scoring game. However, with the ankle (creeping back up) last week and the emergence of that rando other WR, well I guess we'll see. 

Do we think he guts it out and plays? Thinking of the need to potentially audible to a WR today 😕 

22 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

Do we think he guts it out and plays? Thinking of the need to potentially audible to a WR today 😕 

No idea...he probably plays and the matchup seems pretty good.

I've been debating him versus another WR that I probably can't mention as it'll get flagged for AC content.  But Kirk has only scored a TD in one game this year (the Bucs when he had 3).  For me that kinda knocks him down a bit as I'm just not sure he's a big ceiling guy.  Even if he plays, he's probably like 5-8 catches for 50-80 yards or something with seemingly a low TD probability.

• Like 1

GTD for a Sunday game and my only backup is playing today. Stupid Saturday games. Don't think I can risk getting a goose egg. Good luck to those that can wait until tomorrow.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Expected to play, anyone starting him? 

Debated him and Golladay but sticking with KG.

Always worries me a bit when WR's spend the week limited unless they're like Julio Jones or something so I'm shying away.

After what happen to will fuller in the first quarter I’m not taking my chances and starting Kirk. I’m going with Golladay over him. 

Any cardinal fans out there that can explain why this guy just can't get it going?  There is so much talent there I just don't understand who he isn't involved more in this offense.  He's had a couple nice PPR games and one monster game but I was expecting a lot more from him in his 2nd season.

5 hours ago, knifeparty said:

Any cardinal fans out there that can explain why this guy just can't get it going?  There is so much talent there I just don't understand who he isn't involved more in this offense.  He's had a couple nice PPR games and one monster game but I was expecting a lot more from him in his 2nd season.

Ankle injury, hobbled QB.  I'm 100% going after this guy again next year.

At some point I'm wondering if we can stop the excuses? He's in Year 2 and had one great game against the horrible bucs. Did have 8-85 in another game.

Just seems way too boom-bust in this new offense. We'll see if Isabella takes a year-2 leap and Fitz calls it quits. They need more juice from the tight end and WR spots.

44 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

At some point I'm wondering if we can stop the excuses? He's in Year 2 and had one great game against the horrible bucs. Did have 8-85 in another game.

Just seems way too boom-bust in this new offense. We'll see if Isabella takes a year-2 leap and Fitz calls it quits. They need more juice from the tight end and WR spots.

Same thing every year - Everyone wants the immediate success for QBs and WRs.  Maybe they just need a bit more time to develop? Murray was a rookie QB and Kirk is still developing. He also missed some time this year battling some ankle injuries.

No idea how you can call it excuses. Sure don't draft him next year if you don't want but too many people write-off WRs because they don't all have top 10 seasons immediately.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 5:52 AM, Big Nate said:

Ankle injury, hobbled QB.  I'm 100% going after this guy again next year.

Yeah I think I'm a year early on him. Though would be super-interesting to see what Arizona do at 8 in this draft. If they took Jeudy or Lamb and LFitz doesn't retire I'd feel compelled to start following Cardinals beat writers on Twitter during the off-season.

• Like 1