BrianM

Christian Kirk 2019 Outlook

I’m buying Kirk this year. I can see Isabella having an immediate impact this year, but not Butler. That kid is RAW. He may not out target Fitz this year(he very well could) but I think he’ll be the wr to own in this offense. And in dynasty, give me the Kirk shares all day. 

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I’m buying Kirk this year. I can see Isabella having an immediate impact this year, but not Butler. That kid is RAW. He may not out target Fitz this year(he very well could) but I think he’ll be the wr to own in this offense. And in dynasty, give me the Kirk shares all 

I dont think butler will ever amount to much. It took him 4 years tou do anything of notice in Iowa state and it's rare guys have break out seasons that late and end up being good. 

I love Kirk as a player and love his upside as a fantasy guy I'd love to have him on every team of mine

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gufomel said:

KK was absolutely involved in Murray’s recruitment while he was at A&M. Looked it up and same with Kirk. See both below.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/26562522/could-kliff-kingsbury-seven-year-recruitment-kyler-murray-pay-off%3fplatform=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/2618961002

Murray left A&M because Sumlin was an a** in the way he handled Murray and Allen. Nothing to do with KK. 

I’m not saying this automatically means some fantastic connection between these players and KK. I’m just debunking the myth that Kirk is from the old regime and KK has no allegiance to him. KK has had a connection with both Murray and Kirk since their sophomore years of high school. 

So KK tried to recruit them both at Tech and they both chose not to join him. 

Good information, thanks for digging it up. 

8 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

So KK tried to recruit them both at Tech and they both chose not to join him. 

Good information, thanks for digging it up. 

You can either be dense a** or try to have a productive conversation. You went the dense a** route. 

Who cares that they decided to go to A&M and not follow KK to Tech? You think they’re not going to play for KK now or KK is going to spurn Kirk because he didn’t follow him to Tech? Ok.

The argument from some people was that Kirk was from the old regime and KK has no connection to him. It’s absolutely not true. You said there is no connection, and I responded with an article showing that KK has been targeting Kirk since high school, and you decided to argue back with a sarcastic response that adds nothing to the conversation. If you have nothing to add to the conversation, then that’s fine. There’s lots of other players to discuss. 

Edited by gufomel

1 hour ago, gufomel said:

You can either be dense a** or try to have a productive conversation. You went the dense a** route. 

Who cares that they decided to go to A&M and not follow KK to Tech? You think they’re not going to play for KK now or KK is going to spurn Kirk because he didn’t follow him to Tech? Ok.

The argument from some people was that Kirk was from the old regime and KK has no connection to him. It’s absolutely not true. You said there is no connection, and I responded with an article showing that KK has been targeting Kirk since high school, and you decided to argue back with a sarcastic response that adds nothing to the conversation. If you have nothing to add to the conversation, then that’s fine. There’s lots of other players to discuss. 

Lol. That was genuine. 

Everyone thinks everything is sarcasm and being jerks here. I was thanking you for digging up the info though. 

Scroll around some threads. You'll see I'm one of 2 posters in this forum that will admit wrong or thank others. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. That was genuine. 

Everyone thinks everything is sarcasm and being jerks here. I was thanking you for digging up the info though. 

Scroll around some threads. You'll see I'm one of 2 posters in this forum that will admit wrong or thank others. 

If that is the case then I certainly apologize for my response. 

Your two sentences together certainly sounded sarcastic, but I misinterpreted. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

Another tidbit about Murray specifically is that his dad played QB at A&M, so Kyler certainly wanted to be there. But Sumlin botched the whole situation so poorly that Kyler got out of town, and it was obviously a great decision for him.

All that to say, I don’t think there’s any hard feelings over the A&M connection between KK, Murray, and Kirk. In fact I’d say it’s reasonable to say the exact opposite.

Kirk has shown he has electric playmaking ability in both college and the NFL. KK’s system and Murray’s play style fit with Kirk perfectly. IF that translates to the NFL, the upside for Kirk is immense.

That is a big if and Fitz also potentially stands in the way, as well as the overall quality of this Cardinals team (though not as big of a fantasy issue for a WR). 

There’s absolutely downside. But we’re not talking about drafting Kirk as a WR2. We’re talking about a later round WR, and he has a lot of potential that I think many people are sleeping on because he was drafted under the “old regime” and KK drafted two more WRs.

Edited by gufomel

Rotoworld) MMQB's Albert Breer hears Christian Kirk "has been the best receiver on the roster" during the offseason program.

Analysis: Arizona addressed their depth by selecting three receivers in the draft, but the top of the position is set with Larry Fitzgerald and Kirk, who looked great last season despite being a rookie in a terrible offense. Fitzgerald has been the clear No. 1 in Arizona since the mid-2000s, but it is possible Kirk supplants the veteran this season. Even if he does not, there will be targets to go around in an offense which should threaten for the league lead in passing attempts.

He's a training camp hype train candidate for sure, this could be the start    As long as he's getting those first team reps and they're saying good things, i'm in, provided the ADP doesn't skyrocket.  I was worried he's the "old regime" guy and the new staff was going to make him an afterthought.  So far, not the case, so we're cool here.  

Anyone concerned about the broken foot suffered in Week 13 last season? I have no idea how many different ways you can break a foot, but I wonder how it compares to the infamous injuries that Julio and Dez suffered. Based on reports, it seems like Kirk is doing great in OTAs, but these foot injuries tend to linger around.

1 hour ago, SvanE42 said:

Anyone concerned about the broken foot suffered in Week 13 last season? I have no idea how many different ways you can break a foot, but I wonder how it compares to the infamous injuries that Julio and Dez suffered. Based on reports, it seems like Kirk is doing great in OTAs, but these foot injuries tend to linger around.

I think Kirk just had a regular bone break. And I believe Julio and dez had a lisfranc injury which is infamous for having a reinjured and needing another surgery... but i could be wrong so dont quote me 

56 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I think Kirk just had a regular bone break. And I believe Julio and dez had a lisfranc injury which is infamous for having a reinjured and needing another surgery... but i could be wrong so dont quote me 

Correct on Kirk; he was already active in February, and is now reported as fully healthy, so that was not problematic as far as broken feet go.

Jones and Bryant seem to have had not a Lisfranc, but a Jones injury (really):
https://nationalfootballpost.com/dez-bryant-foot-fracture-and-bone-graft-top-10-things-to-know/

A Jones fracture is the most common 5th metatarsal break for a wide receiver. In the end, multiple sources have confirmed the more difficult Jones fracture.

2) What is a Jones fracture and why it is significant?

The fracture is not named after Jerry, the team owner, or Julio, the Falcons star receiver, who missed 2013 with the injury. It is named after Sir Robert Jones, a British surgeon, who first described the fracture in 1905. It is known as a problem fracture due to its poor blood supply.

His ADP has skyrocketed this month with all this positive news.  Mid-WR4 up to high WR3.    The first real major hype train I've seen, I think. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2019 at 10:52 AM, BrianM said:

His ADP has skyrocketed this month with all this positive news.  Mid-WR4 up to high WR3.    The first real major hype train I've seen, I think. 

I’m buying in dynasty.  Kid is going to be at minimum a WR2 going into next seasons drafts.

AI and HB will be fighting for Cards WR2 role once Fitz retires.

Cards WR1 is pretty settled for the next 5 years or so, barring health and QB play. He simply is more talented, with a higher ceiling than both of his rookie WR teammates.

On 6/9/2019 at 8:12 PM, Stonej14 said:

I dont think butler will ever amount to much. It took him 4 years tou do anything of notice in Iowa state and it's rare guys have break out seasons that late and end up being good. 

He does have one of the greatest WRs of all time in his locker room to aid his development. Fitz's skills are closer to his than the other smaller receivers on the team

This is my "well this post aged well" post for 2019

I took him yesterday at 5.11 as my 3rd receiver behind Julio and Brandin Cooks, and just before Will Fuller. I think he could be a top-12 WR in targets this year. Arizona are going to suck a** on defense, their top 2 corners are gone for at least the first 6 weeks, and they will be forced to throw the ball and get themselves in shootouts. First down? Throw it to Kirk. 3rd and long? Throw it to Kirk. 2 minute drill? Throw it to Kirk. Not sure of the play? Throw it to Kirk. He's the one receiver on their team whose arrow is pointing up, and I'm going to buy this is a high-volume, high pass:rush ratio, who-cares-garbage-time-counts-too fantasy team.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:34 AM, gufomel said:

Sorry not sure how to embed the tweet.

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1138793802645344256?s=20

It took me a bit to figure out how as well, but all you do is copy and paste the link to the Tweet, then click " Paste as plain text instead ", wait a sec for it to load (you should see the tweet post in your reply), and you're good to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kirk has been falling again in drafts due to his quiet preseason to the point where he could be had at a good value. His ADP is back to around the 6-7th round and that is solid for an WR3/flex with WR2 upside. Hakeem Butler is essentially a medical redshirt this year and Andy Isabella was said to be a "work in progress".  He notched 600 yards and 3 TD's in limited games for a horrendously-paced offense last season and will be in one of the fastest paced offenses in the league this season. The Cards defense will have this team needing to score plenty of points and I think Kirk will be good for at least 900 yards and 6 TD's with easy upside. I think KeeSean Johnson is nice too as a late round flyer.

Happy to take a speed receiver on an air raid offense that will be playing catch-up every week.  Kirk could put up WR3 numbers just in garbage time.  I don't see any other WR you can get outside the top 30 with his upside.  And at that point in the draft, you should only be looking for upside.  

• Like 1

The god future is here, can confirm.

Christian Kirk 2018 Outlook

On 10/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, krest509 said:

Very God the future is here

Kurk-Fitz

Rosen-Kirk It’s  confirm

I like Kirk but wasn't going to reach on him. That said, nabbed him towards the end of the 8th round and am stoked on the value there. 

I'm light at WR so will need him to make some plays!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I like Kirk but wasn't going to reach on him. That said, nabbed him towards the end of the 8th round and am stoked on the value there. 

I'm light at WR so will need him to make some plays!

I got him 9.12. I was so thrilled