BrianM

Christian Kirk 2019 Outlook

39 minutes ago, Jimbalaya said:

I don't know if this is a huge deal for them, and I have only followed the cardinals to a certain degree, but crabtree was released like two days ago. Being a Kirk owner, this is definitely a confidence booster in their trust in him moving forward as WR2. News link I saw is below. Really liking his connection with the QB. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/cardinals-release-veteran-wr-crabtree-just-2-games-212115233--nfl.html

Yea it’s a snooze fest in here, but Kirk will be putting up serious PPR numbers by the 2nd half of the season. 

The Cardinals do need to start finding the end zone more though. 

• Like 1

Did anyone see the injury? How did it look?

Really counting on a healthy Kirk to keep being a target hog in my PPR league.

Don't think it's broken, but definitely tore something imo. I'm not a doctor, but it definitely did not look good.

4 hours ago, matthew berry said:

Unfortunately might be a drop now for me.  

I was high on him in a few leagues, but he was a drop in standard imo. TDs would eventually come but the AZ spreads it out way too much.

45 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

I was high on him in a few leagues, but he was a drop in standard imo. TDs would eventually come but the AZ spreads it out way too much.

Kirk has been great in PPR and 0.5 PPR and each week could’ve been top tier if only a long play or a TD come to fruition.  The work in progress offense was trending up but then came back down this week showing me that it will be inconsistent.  I am considering starting other receivers with more upside  in the flex such as Phillip Dorsett, will fuller, or John brown.  

That ankle injury was pretty nasty. 

We'll be lucky with a sprain, but some ligament damage wouldn't be surprising 😕

Sad as both a Cards fan and Kirk owner....

6 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

That ankle injury was pretty nasty. 

We'll be lucky with a sprain, but some ligament damage wouldn't be surprising 😕

Sad as both a Cards fan and Kirk owner....

Yeah. Pretty devastating. KK made it sound like Kirk may be at risk of missing serious time, already talking about signing another receiver. The bengals matchup was so juicy too. Feel so bad for Kirk. He was like a game or two away from a huge breakout, it was in the air. I hope he’s okay but it sounds bad. 

Well based on Dr Chao's analysis he said he "may" miss next week and it's a mild ankle sprain.. So let's hope it's a day-to-day scenario and misses only one week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Thinkingcap said:

Well based on Dr Chao's analysis he said he "may" miss next week and it's a mild ankle sprain.. So let's hope it's a day-to-day scenario and misses only one week.

Im assuming he knows his stuff? 

In case you guys didn't watch, he stayed in the game (Because it was a hurry up situation), limped down the field on the next play, caught a short pass and immediately went down to avoid a tackle. 

So whatever injury he has wasn't enough to force him out of the game immediately. So either the kid is really tough or the injury isn't that serious. Either way, i expect him to miss at least a week or 2. 

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

In case you guys didn't watch, he stayed in the game (Because it was a hurry up situation), limped down the field on the next play, caught a short pass and immediately went down to avoid a tackle. 

So whatever injury he has wasn't enough to force him out of the game immediately. So either the kid is really tough or the injury isn't that serious. Either way, i expect him to miss at least a week or 2. 

Klay Thompson came back to shoot free throws and wanted to stay in the game after he tore his ACL. I believe that adrenaline and the heat of the game sometimes masks the injury. I like the kid and I hate that there is no news on his injury which I consider bad news, so I am considering dropping him cause I have a very shallow bench.

I saw the play live. He didn’t just roll his ankle, he got pinned back on a tackle with his foot planted. It looked bad. That said, these are professional athletes. They can go through things like this and bounce back quickly. I’d say 50/50 for this next game. 

• Like 2

Apparently Kingsbury said he'll be limited in practice today.  That's good news.  I don't expect him to play on Sunday but it looks like he's avoided a serious injury.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

So, is this a multi-week injury or not?  It looked bad enough that he would be out a while and now they're talking about him being back next week?

You love to see it

Anyone starting Kirk this week? I may be “forced” to, but assuming he’s actually healthy and not just put on the field as a decoy, it seems like he’s in position to have a huge week against a porous Falcons defense.

13 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Anyone starting Kirk this week? I may be “forced” to, but assuming he’s actually healthy and not just put on the field as a decoy, it seems like he’s in position to have a huge week against a porous Falcons defense.

He’s not a bad WR3/flex whenever he’s active. If Julio Jones doesn’t play this week. Kirk would be my replacement. It’s a good matchup for all Cardinals receivers.