BrianM

Christian Kirk 2019 Outlook

I am also considering cutting him loose for a kicker during Zuerleins bye week.  He needs to show me something this week or else he's gone

7 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I am also considering cutting him loose for a kicker during Zuerleins bye week.  He needs to show me something this week or else he's gone

He's had double digit points every week he's played except one in PPR.  I'd say that's not bad considering he was probably drafted as your WR4 or later and he's still getting accustomed to his rookie qb 🤷‍♂️

I don't think you're picking up anyone off the wire with Kirks upside.  

Edited by JoeJoe88
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Julio, Amari, and Kupp

Well I guess if you have that I understand haha.  Most people don't have three WR1's though.  

40 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

The only reason I've held onto Christian this whole time is probably cuz my team name is Kirk Go Bang hahaha

Even if he plays vs Saints, no way I can roll him out there. 

We'll see, but there's a tough stretch of games coming back as he returns from injury, and AZ becomes a run-first team. 

may need to cut ties at some point...

I'm in a deep 12 team keeper (keep 6-10 players) and I've accumulated Julio, Amari, Keenan Allen and Adam Thielan over the years so I can afford to be patient with Kirk who I drafted with my 2nd round pick. 

Obviously your league format and personal team construct should dictate what you should do and exactly who are you picking up in his place plays a part in the decision too. In 10 team leagues he should've been dropped weeks ago. 

This has been infuriating with this guy. How many weeks in a row can he get in limited practice each day of the week without showing improvement? Why didn't they IR him if he had such a significant knee injury???

35 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

That doesn't exactly sound good. Getting close to cutting him. Patience is running thin

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

That doesn't exactly sound good. Getting close to cutting him. Patience is running thin

Agreed. The whole "...I'm not sure if he will be..." part is very discouraging. Hopefully post practice reports will be a lot better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

Don't see his name as NOT practicing.

He's been practicing like every day for the past 2 weeks but apparently his knee isn't healing enough to allow him to make cuts. 

8 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

He's been practicing like every day for the past 2 weeks but apparently his knee isn't healing enough to allow him to make cuts. 

Yes...Let's hope he can make the necessary cuts consistently now.

It’s been frustrating but he’s worth having on your bench in most formats. He’s a WR 2/3 when healthy in PPR. Hopefully he’s back this week and is productive down the stretch. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Knee? I thought it was his ankle. What?

Also, this guy was producing in PPR each week so he's a hold IMO.  He will be back and once he is he will likely go back to being a feature in the offense. First 3 weeks he had 31 targets.

Edited by Big Nate
  • Like 2

Limited again today. 

He should be owned in every PPR league but I wouldn’t hesitate to drop him for a good waiver claim or to fill bye week needs. 

On 10/23/2019 at 3:52 PM, y2jbones said:

It’s been frustrating but he’s worth having on your bench in most formats. He’s a WR 2/3 when healthy in PPR. Hopefully he’s back this week and is productive down the stretch. 

Agree.

The AZ WR's corps is a bunch of trash outside of Fitz....I think Kirk would have a big role if he gets back and is healthy down the stretch.

Pretty good bye low right now....Frankly can probably buy him for next to nothing or pick up off waivers in some leagues.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.

The AZ WR's corps is a bunch of trash outside of Fitz....I think Kirk would have a big role if he gets back and is healthy down the stretch.

Pretty good bye low right now....Frankly can probably buy him for next to nothing or pick up off waivers in some leagues.

I scooped him up off our waivers last week along with Landry. Should come in real handy second half of the season 

This guy has been wasting a bench spot for me for like a month. But I know the moment I cut him he’s gonna come back.