BrianM

Christian Kirk 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

How confident are we he'll be productive?

They’re 12-point dogs and he was getting targeted heavily before getting hurt. I’m rolling him out. 

I would love to roll him out and I can see him being top 20 the rest of the season, but with how slowly they let him recover, I can’t see him getting the same level of snaps this 1st game back. 

This really feels like he’s going to be on a snap count. 

luckily the Cards will be down all game so there should be a lot of targets to go around 

5 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Keesean Johnson inactive.  Kirk is goin to be in there a ton today

Yeah that makes it seem like snap count and decoy are less likely. He probably would have been able to play last week in those roles. He may be a full go this week. Handled him better than DJ if so. 

17 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Well that was nice. Unfortunately he was probably on everyone's bench. Think we can trust the AZ offense vs SF?

You can trust Kirk to be Murray's security blanket when he is scrambling around looking for someone. He's like a Tyler Lockett except the Cards pass more so he gets more targets than Lockett does. I'm all in on this kid he is matchup proof. 

22 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

And people were talking about dropping lol

Well his schedule isn't that great. Especially now that he plays the 49ers in 2 of his next 3 games.

17 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Well his schedule isn't that great. Especially now that he plays the 49ers in 2 of his next 3 games.

And the other game is Tampa, one of the worst secondaries in the league. 

2 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

And the other game is Tampa, one of the worst secondaries in the league. 

Well he did say next 2 out of 3 games.  ;)  

8 hours ago, CamNewton said:

Sell high if you can due to the upcoming schedule.

Sell high based on what? 96 yds vs Saints?  Someone needs to be high to buy high

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LuckyLukas said:

Sell high based on what? 96 yds vs Saints?  Someone needs to be high to buy high

11 targets (dominating the target share) and 8 receptions was more what I was looking at. He's dominating the target share in most of the games he's played in thus far. 

I think he could be moved for guys of similar value such as John Brown, maybe even Allen Robinson. Maybe David Montgomery. I'd be looking to throw Kirk and a piece together to make an upgrade at a position though.

Edited by CamNewton

Kyler in his post-game said something to the effect of "our offense goes through him (Kirk)".

If this week wasn't vs. San Fran I'd roll him out there, but unfortunately will have to ride the bench yet again. 

Still holding for sure tho

12 minutes ago, Klientel said:

He basically has 2 bye weeks coming up. He’s unusable for a while 

Says who? If this guy gets 8-12 targets he could put up flex-able numbers in PPR.  Especially during bye weeks. I'm starting this guy this week.

You guys all think Murray is going to pass for 0 yards or something?

Edited by Big Nate

6 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Says who? If this guy gets 8-12 targets he could put up flex-able numbers in PPR.  Especially during bye weeks. I'm starting this guy this week.

Not zero...

But seems like a high chance it's under 200....Maybe even 150....

I guess it'll be fine if 100 of that goes to Kirk :)

7 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Not 0 yards but Kyle Allen has 17 pts vs. the Bucs, then 3 vs. SF (158 yards, 0 TDs). 

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyler puts up a similar line, especially with no seasoned RBs. 

SF will be pinning their ears back. Kirk will get some targets for sure, but it'll be very tough sledding for the offense.

As a Cards fan I hope this week Kirk gets his first TD, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Hard to get a read on this week.  Kirk seems to be Kyler's guy.  Meanwhile, SF has not allowed very many fantasy pts to WR, but they've also played some poor passing offenses.  What worries me though is that they absolutely shut down LAR in their own place.  Seems like a very risky low-floor, high-ceiling play.

50 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Murray will throw for sub 150, it’s a short week and the Niners will dominate time of possession.

I can easily see Kirk getting 5-8 points against this defense. If you’re ok with that then go for it. Fortunately I have much better options and I’m staying away from that. 

I would say it's a great spot to fade Niners defense/Niners..short week, divisional matchup away on fast track after great performance vs Panthers and before another divisional matchup at home vs. Seahawks..and if anything that Kingsbury offense is perfect to give Niners defense hard times...Im starting him with confidence..and defense againts slot wrs is the weakest link of this defense..8/80/1