Sign in to follow this  
SpecialFNK

Nate Lowe 2019 Outlook

I thought I had made a nice pickup for playoffs Sunday night, wtf is going on here geeeeez.  

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

From an interview I read about him being recalled, you can tell that Lowe is not happy at all with his situation in Tampa.  He still says the "right" things, but you can still tell.

I know he can't be traded right now, but I would go to the GM right now and try to demand a trade and guarantee that it will be done once the season is over.  This is one of the worst situations I've witnessed with a player that is clearly better than the players in front of him.  It's one thing to hold a prospect in the minors for service time reasons.  I obviously don't agree with it, but at least there's an unfortunately understandable purpose behind it.  This completely defies logic given that they are fighting to make the playoffs, and their offense is their weakness.  It's as if Lowe slept with Cash's wife (if he's married).

It's a damn shame, not just for us fantasy owners that could really use another solid hitter for the stretch run, but for a player that has done nothing but prove he deserves a shot at regular playing time on a team that could sorely use any sort of offensive boost.

100% correct. I remember reading quotes from him along the lines that he didn’t think he deserved to be sent down this last time. Maybe there is something brewing behind the scenes. He has nothing left to prove at AAA and at this point I wonder why they called him back up at all.

4 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Yarbrough is one fo the few that isn't too bad to own, but even he is at times because their offense gives very little run support.  Suffering through Blake Snell before he imploded was awful too due to the lack of run support.  Their offense being borderline awful makes all of this regarding Nate Lowe even more puzzling.

This is really nit picky, but I picked Yarbrough up as the leagues best bulker to get wins.  They even somehow managed to ruin THAT.

3 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

100% correct. I remember reading quotes from him along the lines that he didn’t think he deserved to be sent down this last time. Maybe there is something brewing behind the scenes. He has nothing left to prove at AAA and at this point I wonder why they called him back up at all.

I agree.  It is completely bizarre.  Lowe's bat deserves to be in the lineup everyday.  TBay and their analytics perhaps?  I have no clue, but if that's all it is, then they are outsmarting themselves.  Kid looks like a guy that they could really use.

58 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Starting at DH tonight against Buchholz. Less go!

Likely only because Pham is out of the lineup.  One of their 4 OFs are their DH most of the time when all 4 are healthy.

17 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Likely only because Pham is out of the lineup.  One of their 4 OFs are their DH most of the time when all 4 are healthy.

I’ll take it since I was stupid enough to put him in my lineup in a weekly with a 2nd place bye on the line for next week. 🍻

23 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

I’ll take it since I was stupid enough to put him in my lineup in a weekly with a 2nd place bye on the line for next week. 🍻

Didn't know that, so yeah, I'll give you a pass there.

I had a feeling he was going to be put in the lineup the day after I gave up on him.  Oh well.