smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I don't think he ever will, if you mean he's going to be at like 60-70% snap count.

We've seen this movie before guys.  2017, Jay Ajayi, the bellcow for Miami, gets acquired by the Eagles.  Everyone's saying to themselves "oh the Eagles now have a 'complete' back and he'll get 20+ touches".  Never happened.

Eagles had Legarrette Blount, Smallwood, and Clement and all of them played.  Pederson never waivered on his RBBC even after getting Ajayi.  As an Ajayi owner, I was banging my head because Ajayi was clearly the best guy there.  Now I know Ajayi is no stud RB, but he was better than Blount, by a lot.

This year, I think the 2019 version will be Sanders = Ajayi and Howard = Blount.  Sanders will get like 10-15 carries per game and minimal receiving work.  Howard will get 5-10 carries and the goal line.  Smallwood and Clement on 3rd down and catch up mode.

Yea but wasn't the reason Ajayi was traded by the Phins partly because his knee was bone-on-bone? So the Dolphins cashed in on what they could get for him at the time

Ajayi is a precedent worth looking at but he isn't the same as Sanders. Ajayi was not used in the passing game much and he was hurt at times in the games he played in 2018. On the other hand, he was an established player while Sanders is a rookie.

Sanders has a shot at being the committee leader but Howard is not a scrub. They will use him too. The big question is how much of the goal line work does Howard get. If he dominates that it will cap Sanders. If Sanders can get a share of it, even if not the majority, that would be huge.

A problem with Howard and Sproles is having either in basically telegraphs whether it will be a run or a pass. Sanders has the ability to do both and keep defenses guessing. 

Sanders is going to dictate his value. If he plays well, he’ll be a viable RB2. If he’s average or middling they’ll mix in Howard a decent amount. Up to Sanders which I’m fine with if you believe in him.

My prediction: 190 carries 950 yards (5.0 YPC) 6 TD, 45 receptions 400 yards 2 TD. Comes to 205.5 points in 1/2 PPR on just under 15 touches per game.

Edited by whitekenyan24
  • Like 1

Miles Sanders should be an every-week WR2 in no time (give it a couple weeks)

1) He will see 6 and 7 man boxes all the time. Eagles have weapons all over at WR and TE, specifically D-Jax stretching the field.

2) Eagles have a Top 2 O-Line in the NFL.

3) His main competition on his own backfield is Jordan Howard, a plodder with no wiggle and can't catch.

1 minute ago, abc12345 said:

1) He will see 6 and 7 man boxes all the time. Eagles have weapons all over at WR and TE, specifically D-Jax stretching the field.

3) His main competition on his own backfield is Jordan Howard, a plodder with no wiggle and can't catch.

I would love to slot him in my WR2

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, abc12345 said:

This is not the hurdle Sanders has to clear.  The hurdle is that his coach believes in RBBC as a philosophy.

• Like 2

I believe this was referred to earlier in this thread, but when Ajayi was healthy he was receiving about 15 touches per game. Nothing against Howard, he will have his role, but his talent doesn't compare to what Sanders has to offer. This isn't the Patriots, rather it's that the Eagles, under Pederson, up until this point have chosen not to invest heavily in the RB position. They are now invested. He should be receiving his 15 touches a game which should be 10-12 runs and 2-4 catches per game. With this o-line there is only one way to go and that is downhill. Take some of the demand of Wentz, keep him healthy and control the clock. 

On 9/5/2019 at 12:36 PM, abc12345 said:

Keep telling yourself Howard is a plodder...

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Keep telling yourself Howard is a plodder...

The bears let him go for a 6th. The eagles just looked to flip him. He is averaging under 4.0 ypc his last two seasons. He’s not terrible but he won’t have a large role if Sanders is productive.

53 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

The bears let him go for a 6th. The eagles just looked to flip him. He is averaging under 4.0 ypc his last two seasons. He’s not terrible but he won’t have a large role if Sanders is productive.

Randy Moss was traded to the Patriots for a fourth.

I’d also like a legitimate source for Eagles wanting to flip Howard. I wish you luck on your search. You’ll need it. Considering the fact that the Eagles instantly shut down the rumors. 

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Randy Moss was traded to the Patriots for a fourth.

I’d also like a legitimate source for Eagles wanting to flip Howard. I wish you luck on your search. You’ll need it. Considering the fact that the Eagles instantly shut down the rumors. 

I agree with ya but ofc they shut the rumors down after a failed trade. " sorry Howard we didn't really want you "

7 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I agree with ya but ofc they shut the rumors down after a failed trade. "sorry Howard we didn't really want you."

If in reference to a play for Melvin Gordon, the reasoning doesn't support the contention. Looking to upgrade at the position isn't the same as them willing to dump Howard because they're confident with Sanders. 

• Like 2

Did anyone watch the Bears Packers game, take note D Mont didn't get enough touches to be worth playing, Miles is not going to either, Howard is going to play and get work.  I would play other options unless you only need 4-8 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mortman212 said:

Did anyone watch the Bears Packers game, take note D Mont didn't get enough touches to be worth playing, Miles is not going to either, Howard is going to play and get work.  I would play other options unless you only need 4-8 points.

That’s some horrible advice. They don’t play for the same team, and the Redskins defense is not even close to the Packers D. 

1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

If your starting sanders as your flex your prob only expecting 4-8 lol 

All it takes is 1 play. Im forced to start him in one league but im ok with whatever outcome. Don't have better options on waiver unless I just so happened to pick up a random bum that explodes today.  Very slim odds of that so Go Sanders

Just now, oresteszero said:

That’s some horrible advice. They don’t play for the same team, and the Redskins defense is not even close to the Packers D. 

Disagree.  The bears tore the pack UP on the ground last season.   And Pederson is another one of these RBBC gurus.  

Add to that- Rarely is it smart to start a timeshare rookie in his first game.   

Im starting Gallup over Sanders in one league without hesitation. 

2 hours ago, markrc99 said:

If in reference to a play for Melvin Gordon, the reasoning doesn't support the contention. Looking to upgrade at the position isn't the same as them willing to dump Howard because they're confident with Sanders. 

Over your head I guess.  

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Disagree.  The bears tore the pack UP on the ground last season.   And Pederson is another one of these RBBC gurus.  

Add to that- Rarely is it smart to start a timeshare rookie in his first game.   

Im starting Gallup over Sanders in one league without hesitation. 

We won't be a rbbc soon enough. Maybe a few weeks. We haven't had an awesome rb under Pederson yet.  We had some good guys but not great. If Sanders is great that rbbc will be put to rest. I hate when people say rbbc when the coach or team at that time hasn't had it good at rb , like a team with a Barkley,  Zeke , Gurley etc.

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

We won't be a rbbc soon enough. Maybe a few weeks. We haven't had an awesome rb under Pederson yet.  We had some good guys but not great. If Sanders is great that rbbc will be put to rest. I hate when people say rbbc when the coach or team at that time hasn't had it good at rb , like a team with a Barkley,  Zeke , Gurley etc.

Yeah it’s not like RBBC is set in stone for 2019.   But I’m ok missing whatever week Sanders breaks out and starting him after that point.  It could be a bit.   

14 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Ok would you prefer I say ya watch out this guy is a monster stud muffin Barkley esque, start him as your RB1, 20 point floor.  YA OKKKKAYYY.

11 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

just a fact

there ain't that many teams out there that don't employ a RBBC

Giants

Dallas

and that's about it

Forgot about the Panthers

13 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

just a fact

there ain't that many teams out there that don't employ a RBBC

Giants

Dallas