smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

I knew drafting him that the Eagles were a RBBC but with the news that he isn't the starter, it would be hard to find him in the lineup for the first few weeks at least.

I don’t think there was a possible scenario outside of maybe a top 5 draft pick being named the starter on the eagles week 1. It’s a respect thing to Howard plus not wanting to overwork him early in the season.

1 hour ago, Smoketheclay said:

11 rushes, goal line work

2 Targets 

seems to bode decently for future games

Stopped at like the 2 yard line on a 20 yard run and also had a 20 yard td called back on what looked like a hold that didn’t impact the play .

i like what I saw a lot honestly / the box score numbers don’t tell the story that’s for sure 

5 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

Stopped at like the 2 yard line on a 20 yard run and also had a 20 yard td called back on what looked like a hold that didn’t impact the play .

i like what I saw a lot honestly / the box score numbers don’t tell the story that’s for sure 

Y'all should tell that to the dude that just beat me by .1😂

i would prob try buy low, yeah the RBBC sucks but whoever watched the game saw he was running great. could be frustrating but pay off in the long run. may abandon the committee if he completely shows out.

20 hours ago, wendellrott said:

ok

give you all them

where's a fellar going to find a Bell Cow RB after that

Seattle, Arizona, Indy, New Orleans, Tennessee, Cleveland

He was impressive although there's still a high likelihood this is a value-killing RBBC situation.  11 carries and 2 targets for Sanders plus 6 carries and 3 targets for Howard and 9 carries and 3 targets for Sproles.  Plus they used the true goal-line back, a man known for his toughness, Alshon Jeffery, for a goal line "carry," which he converted.

Clearly this is the only guy with any real upside in this backfield but I don't know if Pederson will give the guy enough run to make him a viable every-week starter.  I counsel caution.

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

He was impressive although there's still a high likelihood this is a value-killing RBBC situation.  11 carries and 2 targets for Sanders plus 6 carries and 3 targets for Howard and 9 carries and 3 targets for Sproles.  Plus they used the true goal-line back, a man known for his toughness, Alshon Jeffery, for a goal line "carry," which he converted.

Clearly this is the only guy with any real upside in this backfield but I don't know if Pederson will give the guy enough run to make him a viable every-week starter.  I counsel caution.

Right. Being good matters less to Philadelphia than to any other team in the league. It's a bit Spurs-like. They place a ton of value on keeping guys fresh for when they really need them. Sanders might be in a RBBC all year even if he's head and shoulders above his competition. And if that isn't enough evidence, look at how they pioneered the way that they treat their defensive line about 20 years ago, and the way they still use it today. He of course may still have value and be startable even in shallow leagues, but his ceiling is capped, and it might take a couple of injuries for him to even have the potential to be an RB2.

5 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I hope Pederson will see the the criticism of Nagy and think..."I'm not going to be that guy".

drafted him in one league and just traded for him in another [...] diving head first

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed AC content

19 hours ago, K197040 said:

I hope Pederson will see the the criticism of Nagy and think..."I'm not going to be that guy".

ya think Pedey trolls these forums, or gives a flyin' fiddler's fudge about egghead Nagy?

Pederson beat friggin' HOODIE AND TOM in the S.B. with a backup QB and rbbc ... think he knows a tad more than we do. 

and, yes, i be a Sanders owner. 

it be what it be. 

Prime Time in what should be a Fantasy Friendly game this week vs ATL

Good Luck picking him or Howard because i bet one has a really nice game and the other is meh

you feeling lucky?

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Prime Time in what should be a Fantasy Friendly game this week vs ATL

Good Luck picking him or Howard because i bet one has a really nice game and the other is meh

you feeling lucky?

Atlanta notoriously bleeds pts to pass catching RBs ... you forget about ol' man Sproles?

🤔

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Atlanta notoriously bleeds pts to pass catching RBs ... you forget about ol' man Sproles?

🤔

Nah i didnt, just a feeling that Sanders will have a few nice catches instead of sproles in this match of part of a slow breakout for sanders as he progressively gets more involved, Sproles will have a some catches but think this is a game where howard or sanders scores a TD or 2 and gets a good bit of yardage while sproles and the other RB are more meh production and i also think sproles snap count slowly decreases as they trust sanders more (given he proves himself)

19 yards and a first down on one carry, 6 yards (and six stuffs!) on his other 10 runs. He lost yards on first- and second-and-goal from the 3, as well as second-and-5. His two targets were a 2-yard gain on first-and-10 and an incompletion on second-and-1.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-1-quick-reads

Graded out as the Worst Week 1 RB performance fwiw. Did have a nice TD called back on a BS hold. Who knows which way Pederson goes.

9 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Sanders owner, but Howard looked better

YOU CANT SLOW DOWN THIS HYPE TRAIN, AWAY WITH YOU! 

• Like 1