smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

Honestly every time I see this thread I just look past it because I know Jordan Howard is better.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

I am not dropping yet.

There is no one better with more upside in the wire, nor is Sanders going to get you a starter via a trade.

BUT,  lets say a starting RB went down and the backup was available on waivers.......Sanders might get the boot.

Everything is league size and roster size dependent, but imo except for the shallowest of leagues there’s almost certainly someone on your roster that’s more expendable. 

Edited by gufomel

7 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Imagine dropping this dude, lol. He's produced exactly as much as expected through 2 weeks. 

I am nowhere near dropping miles however I do not agree he has produced as expected through 2 weeks.  Maybe he has played as much as expected, but 21 carries for 53 yards and 4 receptions for 11 yards through 2 games is less than expected any way you slice it.

7 hours ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Breakout game coming up. 

I hope so as both an Eagles fan and fantasy owner of Sanders, but I don't see it happening. I'd like to see the Eagles lean more on Howard and establish a running game.

He’s their best back by a wide margin. Those two huge receptions were very encouraging. Obviously there’s still some growing pains with him. I still maintain that by week 5/6 he’s dominating touches and is producing as a steady RB2.

• Like 1

Is anyone playing this guy on thursday? think i might have to even though i feel bad about it

Edited by Yammz

I have to play him out of necessity due to losing Saquon.  Not feeling great at all.  

14 minutes ago, Yammz said:

Is anyone playing this guy on thursday? think i might have to even though i feel bad about it

• Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 12:48 AM, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Howard has looked like the far more competent back. 

Howard has looked like himself a boring plodding RB that runs into his Oline and leans forward for a 2-4 yards. 

Sanders looks far more dynamic but he's also a rookie and with that comes some rookie mistakes (fumbles/trying to hard to break big runs instead of taking what the Oline gives him). 

This time last year Nick Chubb had 7 carries and 0 receptions. 

Sanders has been given the bulk of the snaps/carries/targets between the 2. I would bet that Sanders roll will increase as the season goes along. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Howard has looked like himself a boring plodding RB that runs into his Oline and leans forward for a 2-4 yards. 

Sanders looks far more dynamic but he's also a rookie and with that comes some rookie mistakes (fumbles/trying to hard to break big runs instead of taking what the Oline gives him). 

This time last year Nick Chubb had 7 carries and 0 receptions. 

Sanders has been given the bulk of the snaps/carries/targets between the 2. I would bet that Sanders roll will increase as the season goes along. 

As an Eagles fan I hope you are right, but this just seems like you are being overly optimistic about one of your RBs. Chubb flashed from the get go, Sanders has not impressed. And I disagree on Howard, he's looked better, and the numbers don't lie. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

As an Eagles fan I hope you are right, but this just seems like you are being overly optimistic about one of your RBs. Chubb flashed from the get go, Sanders has not impressed. And I disagree on Howard, he's looked better, and the numbers don't lie. 

I agree that Howard has looked ok. But Sanders has had some big plays. 21 yard TD called back. And I think a 40 yard catch last week. He’s capable of pulling those off. I think we knew that it was gonna take Sanders some time to adjust + earn the coaching staffs trust. Fumbles aren’t helping. But he has shown big play ability 

2 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

I agree that Howard has looked ok. But Sanders has had some big plays. 21 yard TD called back. And I think a 40 yard catch last week. He’s capable of pulling those off. I think we knew that it was gonna take Sanders some time to adjust + earn the coaching staffs trust. Fumbles aren’t helping. But he has shown big play ability 

I wasn't overly impressed with those plays honestly. I don't remember being wowed by them, they were nicely blocked and called plays that Howard would've exploited as well. Just my opinion, I've watched every snap. 

Just now, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I wasn't overly impressed with those plays honestly. I don't remember being wowed by them, they were nicely blocked and called plays that Howard would've exploited as well. Just my opinion, I've watched every snap. 

Then I would like to see Howard do it! 

2 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Me too my guy. Another Eagle fan here with the same reaction watching the games. Sanders has been given plenty of opportunity and has looked mediocre, which is a little troubling.

With that being said, I think he should have been drafted as a player that wouldn't really come on right away, so you gotta be patient. Also, the offense overall hasn't been sharp and I'd like to hold until I see what he looks like when that offense finds some consistency. 

On 9/22/2019 at 9:57 PM, cowboy5xsbs said:

They are trying way to hard to force Sanders instead of letting it happen naturally 

I feel the same way. The offense really hasn't been the same since the SB season. Maybe it is the loss of Reich, but it is definitely less imaginative and slow to start. And now it does feel like they are forcing Sanders and so far Sanders hasn't impressed and has been forcing it himself when given playing time. Sanders isn't ready for the lead role yet and needs to spend some time learning behind the veterans.

Edited by devaster

1 hour ago, devaster said:

I feel the same way. The offense really hasn't been the same since the SB season. Maybe it is the loss of Reich, but it is definitely less imaginative and slow to start. And now it does feel like they are forcing Sanders and so far Sanders hasn't impressed and has been forcing it himself when given playing time. Sanders isn't ready for the lead role yet and needs to spend some time learning behind the veterans.

They’ve played 3 games and have missed their top 2 WRs for 2 of em.  Give it a minute....

45 minutes ago, herschel said:

They’ve played 3 games and have missed their top 2 WRs for 2 of em.  Give it a minute....

They didn't look great in the 1st game either with their top receivers. Started very slow and Sanders has looked not ready for the lead role the entire time. This goes back to last season. The offense just hasn't been the same since Reich left. And Sanders isn't helping out.

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

The offense just hasn't been the same since Reich left.

My exact thought.  Sanders needs time tho. Should be riding Howard and spelling him with Sanders until he really shows he's ready. As a Sanders owner I'd rather it go against what I said but it's not working for The Eagles atm

ya know what was disconcerting? i'll tell ya whut was disconcerting ...

the kid started of well, did some nice lifting during the first TD drive ... but JoHo sniped him for the TD - this was before the fumble, mind you ... so, what does that tell us?  prolly tells us that the kid will not be prinary gl back, as we had hoped. 

ooooffffaaahhh.  

marinate, son .... you gotsta marinate 🏺