smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Fantasy points?

Yeah but nobody drafted Miles Sanders for his first quarter of the season... He was always expected to get off to a slow start.  

34 minutes ago, montgrove said:

I’m starting him as my RB2 over Monty.

cmon dude have a break out game 

I'm doing the same in one league.  He should do decent as long as he doesn't fumble again and get benched.

3 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

He's the 51st ranked RB in my league.

So?

When you hear people talk about league winning potential, this is the example in the textbook

5 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Whoever writes the Rotoworld blurbs 100% have Jordan Howard on their fantasy team 😂

I had to go take a look. Here it is....

Miles Sanders rushed 11 times for 72 yards in the Eagles' Week 4 win over the Packers.

It could have been a bigger night for the No. 53 overall pick, but he let one of the biggest holes you will ever see at the NFL level go to waste on the Eagles' first play from scrimmage. Sanders made an awful cut and ran into the block of one of his own blockers, settling for a four-yard gain. He began to revive his night early in the second quarter with a 67-yard kick return. Sanders contributed a number of chunk gains, but Jordan Howard had more. Howard out-touched, out-gained and out-scored (3-0) his rookie teammate. Failing to distance himself from Howard, Sanders will be a boom-or-bust FLEX for the Eagles' Week 5 hosting of the Jets.

Sep 27, 2019, 12:26 AM ET

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Miles is the best Handcuff in the league.

But, Howard looked every part a RB1.

Which part of ceding 11 carries to another running back looked like an RB1 to you? He had 20 PPR points coming into this game. Talk about a massive overreaction.

Edited by miasma16

I'm disgusted at the disrespect Pederson shows towards miles. Why is he trying to NOT let his rookie build confidence by scoring a go ahead td. Cmon man 1 and 2 yard td's for jordan howard. This is ridiculous! Miles had some nice chunk plays and made a way while howard just takes whats there. So beyond disgusted rn. 

1 hour ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Whoever writes the Rotoworld blurbs 100% have Jordan Howard on their fantasy team 😂

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

I had to go take a look. Here it is....

They even mentioned it in the Jordan Howard blurb. Does anyone have a video of the largest hole in NFL history lmao 

1 hour ago, jeremyt7 said:

I'm disgusted at the disrespect Pederson shows towards miles. Why is he trying to NOT let his rookie build confidence by scoring a go ahead td. Cmon man 1 and 2 yard td's for jordan howard. This is ridiculous! Miles had some nice chunk plays and made a way while howard just takes whats there. So beyond disgusted rn. 

Not sure if serious...I could see that Miles wasn’t ready and that Howard was productive every chance he got. Wish I wouldn’t made a trade offer for Howard after week 2. 

On 9/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, wideopen21 said:

Howard has looked like himself a boring plodding RB that runs into his Oline and leans forward for a 2-4 yards. 

Sanders looks far more dynamic but he's also a rookie and with that comes some rookie mistakes (fumbles/trying to hard to break big runs instead of taking what the Oline gives him). 

This time last year Nick Chubb had 7 carries and 0 receptions. 

Sanders has been given the bulk of the snaps/carries/targets between the 2. I would bet that Sanders roll will increase as the season goes along. 

You were saying? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

They even mentioned it in the Jordan Howard blurb. Does anyone have a video of the largest hole in NFL history lmao 

As far as I could see it's an overreaction. There was a hole (but imo not a big one), yes but I'm not sure if this tripping over the own man was his fault. On the other side he made a 66 yard punt return. So he showed that he is capable. But unfortunately Howard had this massive performance because Pederson wanted to play it safe with the veteran. Thing is: You can't trust Sanders even in games with bad run defenses because the Eagles will need every point to match with their crappy defense. And right now Pederson trusts Howard with the majority of carries.

6 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

Because Sanders is still indecisive and dancing too much. He is fast, no doubt, but he isn't useful in short yardage situations. And ball security remains a concern. Wouldn't be surprised to see the winning dynamic that was used in the TNF game used going forward. Howard looked great and gets the tough yards.

The hole was indeed massive and Sanders ran right into the back of his lineman ala Mark Sanchez and the butt fumble.  By all rights, Sanders should still be running through the streets of GB right now.

Agree with pretty much everything said in the recent posts.  Sanders is fast, but he is indecisive and runs parallel to the LOS on half of his runs.  Howard is a vet and a perennial 1000 yd rusher who can pound it into the endzone and get the tough yards when needed.  He isnt going to disappear from this offense.

8 hours ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Haha or he's trying to lower the value for Sanders to trade for him 😜

If you drafted Sanders it was always a long-term investment, not a player that would be filling the box scores in Week 4. And he's getting work so he's a passable flex while we wait to see if this all pays off. Patience! The leaves haven't even fallen yet

kid looks fresh and spry and explosive ... much more so than fellow RBBC rook Monty. 

but ...

he jitterbugs - the foo' dances and prances and takes too many chances. 

as i mentioned in the game thread last night - he had a nice carry early second half, squirted thru for about 7 ... they went right back to him on 2nd and 3, but the Pack got penetration, and Sanders danced and gyrated and jimmy legged himself into a 2 yard loss. 

now, i know the kid's first instinct as a runner is to hit the homerun on every play - that's very detrimental to his development/usage thus far ... sometimes it's wise to just square the shoulders, head upfield, and take the 1 or 2 yard gain, as opposed to the 2 or 3 yard loss. 

he has remarkable burst ... but his vision, and propensity to bounce more than my ex's checks, are really holding him back. 

not to mention JoHo doin' work during a very hard earned road win. 

5 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Not sure if serious...I could see that Miles wasn’t ready and that Howard was productive every chance he got. Wish I wouldn’t made a trade offer for Howard after week 2. 

Howard is glacially slow.   Wide open lanes and swing passes.   Eddie Lacy could have scored on those chances last night 🍔 

Sanders-  much faster and more dynamic.   But does that guy ever break a tackle or elude a defender in space?   Too bad you can’t combine the two players...might have something then.    

Good luck to owners of both-  this is as timesharey as it gets. 

I can't ever see myself starting Miles Sanders other than a bye week filler. I almost waiting for him to have a good game to sell high on him. It's only week 4 and want to believe and be patient but idk...