smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, smeeze said:

Doug Pederson seems to agree with your assessment:

From an NFL standpoint it makes total sense if you have the personnel. Minimizes injury risk, keeps defenses guessing. 

From a fantasy standpoint it sucks!

Edited by bomont
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rosenburger said:

I'm staying away from all but Wentz on Philly, and even then he would be a fallback

Don't get why, I think Philly is going to do decent. Djax can still hang, wentz healthy, sanders and Howard... I like Philly alot this year 

• Like 1

No Eagle will make my team with anything other than a late flyer. Ertz will be way too expensive. Sanders or Wentz might, about it.

i like sanders to emerge as a rb2 as the season goes on. Expect a 4 person rbbc to devolve into sanders and howard. Good value at current adp

prepare for a steady rise in ADP this week. This kid looks like the real deal. All this talk of Howard is overblown. They have a 2nd rounder invested in Miles......Howard a 6th. As far as value is concerned I see him as a better pick at his current ADP than Montgomery is at his.

Edited by Joe Odam
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 9:52 PM, Panthers8912 said:

i like sanders to emerge as a rb2 as the season goes on. Expect a 4 person rbbc to devolve into sanders and howard. Good value at current adp

I think he's already a RB2.

5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

How is his pass pro?

had two tremendous blitz pickups last night

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where's he gonna land up mid to late 5th? Right now he's at mid to late 6th.

Would you take him over James white, Cohen, Coleman, ekeler etc

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Where's he gonna land up mid to late 5th? Right now he's at mid to late 6th.

Would you take him over James white, Cohen, Coleman, ekeler etc

Yes, yes, yes and yes (standard scoring)

public is way over hyped. jordan horward will be the main veteren guy there and be used heavily and as a goalline bulldozer. clement and smallwood will mix in and steal touches here and there whenever doug pedersen feels to be cute with the offense. bottom line: sanders will be touch squeezed ..

i'll happily let someone draft a part time 4-way committee RB in fifth-sixth round and let me scoop up full time players 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dannyz6969 said:

public is way over hyped. jordan horward will be the main veteren guy there and be used heavily and as a goalline bulldozer. 

We’ve seen this many times before in fantasy. Owners dismiss the “boring” yet productive veteran and hype the unproven shiny new rookie, with all sorts of great expectations. It’s feasible that Sanders takes over the backfield but I’d be hard-pressed to believe that Howard won’t have a substantial role. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

prepare for a steady rise in ADP this week. This kid looks like the real deal. All this talk of Howard is overblown. They have a 2nd rounder invested in Miles......Howard a 6th. As far as value is concerned I see him as a better pick at his current ADP than Montgomery is at his.

omg! Don't let the Montgomery fan club see this, they'll throw a tantrum and spit at you for saying something so "stupid." 

I agree that Howard can't be dismissed though and see a 1a/1b between the two this year.  Sanders may take over before then but I suspect not (he will next year). The others I think will get so few touches as to be not a factor. 

Jordan Howard definitely isn't going anywhere this season. He will remain heavily involved.

48 minutes ago, bomont said:

omg! Don't let the Montgomery fan club see this, they'll throw a tantrum and spit at you for saying something so "stupid." 

I agree that Howard can't be dismissed though and see a 1a/1b between the two this year.  Sanders may take over before then but I suspect not (he will next year). The others I think will get so few touches as to be not a factor. 

I'm a HUGE David Montgomery fan and I don't think this is dumb at all.  But I expect Howard to get the chance to fail as part of a committee to start the year.  Would be ideal to draft Ekeler to start the year, and then have Sanders ready to finish it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Is it just me, or did he leave a ton of yards on the field on those runs? 

Hmmm. Good point. I would definitely like to see him secure the ball with his outside arm. I definitely need to see more.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:35 AM, smeeze said:

Is it just me, or did he leave a ton of yards on the field on those runs? 

17131590_milessanders.jpg.f5f4c41ffa04c1a4f8176b247c8b88fd.jpg

He managed to get from here to the 22 yd line. That's a LOT of yards after contact.

10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

"He managed to get from here to the 22 yd line. That's a LOT of yards after contact."

The defender (OLB) who's encircled & in a trail position, you want to watch him from start to finish. Poor everything, probably a pro-bowler but doesn't look like a guy that even belongs out there on this play. But where Sanders may be separating himself is that he can create space on plays that a Jordan Howard type can't or not as well. Also, Howard's place on this team, on a 1-yr, $2M deal & that of Sanders, a 2nd RD selection, aren't the same. What, if anything is to be made of Sanders getting a handful of touches & Damien Harris carrying the load in the Patriot-Titan game? Could be wrong, but perhaps the Eagles already see Sanders while the Patriots are still looking at Harris?       

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 2

I want to like this guy more. Like the camp buzz he’s gotten but man. . . I don’t see anything special. Drafting based on beat reporter quotes is tough.

I like the offense but don’t trust the coach’s rb usage and haven’t seen anything special. Anyone viewing this differently?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

I want to like this guy more. Like the camp buzz he’s gotten but man. . . I don’t see anything special. Drafting based on beat reporter quotes is tough.

I like the offense but don’t trust the coach’s rb usage and haven’t seen anything special. Anyone viewing this differently?

I'm with you.. Monty looks much more impressive on tape so far.