smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

8 hours ago, LongBalls said:

this is hilarious both in general and for miles sanders.

ajayi is signed off the street a couple days ago and "could have a big role"?  i mean, i get hes been in this system, but give me a break as a sanders owner.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Miles Sanders is expected to see "far more" carries than Jay Ajayi in Sunday's Week 11 matchup against New England.

Sanders has largely been confined to passing downs this season but Ajayi was never expected to see workhorse usage, particularly on short notice after signing with the Eagles Friday. With Jordan Howard (stinger) and Darren Sproles (hip) both shelved, the Eagles are down to Sanders, Boston Scott and Ajayi as their long healthy running backs. As sure-handed as they come—his 305 receiving yards are the most among rookie running backs—Sanders could see heavy volume as a pass-catcher with the Eagles entering Sunday as 4.5-point home underdogs.

I'm trying to decide whether to start this guy instead of a couple other RBs in his range, but the match-up is really scaring me off. Might be over thinking it, but the Pats have done mean things to pass-catching RBs. 

Touch match-up to predict. It will be interesting to see how patriots respond after multiple games of being burnt by a strong running game. You would think Belichick would be aware of this... And adjust accordingly. 

On the other hand:

Also I don't think we can view Sanders as just a pass catching back for this game. He's going to be more of a 3 down back potentially. 

And if he is used in the passing game, patriots have some injuries to their D, in particular Chung

29 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I'm trying to decide whether to start this guy instead of a couple other RBs in his range, but the match-up is really scaring me off. Might be over thinking it, but the Pats have done mean things to pass-catching RBs. 

I’m starting him without hesitation. NE was smoke and mirrors against almost all scrubs. Now they are facing tougher competition the scales are balancing quickly. Sanders might be what some thought he is and try to close the gap between him and some of the others top Rookie RBs. He could flip the script on JoHo with an impressive performance today. And this is his Super Bowl. The personal motivation has to be at an all time high and now with the perfect opportunity to lead by example. I love it. Btw my guys I’m sitting him for. Michelle, RoJo and DJ. So it’s pretty easy for me at 5-5. I need the upside with almost no downside.GL to all.

17 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

In other news water is wet. lol

I'd expect the Eagles to really attack with the TE's and Sanders. Bill knows this, but can he stop it? Eagles are smart enough team to beat the Pats...they already did. 

Back to the waiver wire you go.

Obviously will wait to see Howard’s status, but this guy is a bum. 

I chose to start him over Ronald Jones, Michel, and Montgomery. With only Montgomery left to play, somehow starting Sanders is looking like the right choice. LOL

Edited by gufomel

Wentz just stopped looking his way when he ran routes. Stayed in to block a ton. Just an odd 2nd half game plan from PHI. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TheBigBambino said:

Dude is going to be top back of this week.

watch.

Well I did watch.............😕

Was it that bad? Granted I only watched the first half but he looked somehow explosive to me. Not special but ok.

11 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Was it that bad? Granted I only watched the first half but he looked somehow explosive to me. Not special but ok.

He’s a pretty explosive back, but he’s terrible (and I mean TERRIBLE) at finding holes. You don’t even have to look that hard with this OL, but he somehow still misses them. 

If he could get a 60% touch share and simply take what’s given to him by the OL, he’d easily be a top 15 fantasy back.

Edited by gufomel

1 hour ago, dorwell said:

For some reason, they eventually just ignored him in the passing game.
Even Romo noticed it and said they were making a mistake not looking for the short passes.

So are we all dropping this guy now, or giving him another chance against Seattle? Seems like a bit of an overreaction. Pats’ D is great and we still don’t know the extent of Howard’s injury.

Since I have like everybody on bye this week I kinda must start him 😑

I think this will be a great week for Sanders.  Howard looks unlikely to play, Seattle defense isn't all that, and this game has the 2nd highest O/U of the week.  I think this will be a shoot-out type of game, going well above the Over, and I think Sanders contributes to that.

• Like 1

there's an old saying at the track: "if ya didn't go to the wedding, don't go to the funeral" ... in other words, if ya didn't bet the horse at long(er) odds (and he won), don't bet it's next race when he is one of the favorites .. 

... think we have the opposite in play here - we all went to the funeral vs Hoodie - now we get the nuptials in a shootout vs rahrah Petey & St.Russel?

🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Usually you need bad defenses for shoot outs, both teams are above average vs the run and have improved vs the pass.

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

there's an old saying at the track: "if ya didn't go to the wedding, don't go to the funeral" ... in other words, if ya didn't bet the horse at long(er) odds (and he won), don't bet it's next race when he is one of the favorites .. 

... think we have the opposite in play here - we all went to the funeral vs Hoodie - now we get the nuptials in a shootout vs rahrah Petey & St.Russel?

🤷‍♂️

LOL.  What kind of saying is that???   It would pretty much eliminate one from going to any of their predecessors funerals.

I mean...it sounds like a cool saying.  Especially if I say it with my 20's gangster voice.   But it absolutely makes no sense.